• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Utah Jazz

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel many folks are overrating them right now. I've seen some projections with them as the #2 seed...

I love Donovan Mitchell...the rightful rookie of the year in my opinion. However, he was very three-happy last season, and opposing defenses will adjust to him. Outside of Mitchell, this roster lacks scoring. Because of this, the Jazz were essentially forced to re-sign Derrick Favors even though he's not a very good fit next to Gobert in the pace-and-space era.

I will acknowledge that Quin Snyder has proven himself as one of the league's five best coaches, and I would be betting against him at my own risk. But, my question here is - If you currently have Utah as a top four seed in the west:

What is your reasoning for it?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel many folks are overrating them right now. I've seen some projections with them as the #2 seed...

I love Donovan Mitchell...the rightful rookie of the year in my opinion. However, he was very three-happy last season, and opposing defenses will adjust to him. Outside of Mitchell, this roster lacks scoring. Because of this, the Jazz were essentially forced to re-sign Derrick Favors even though he's not a very good fit next to Gobert in the pace-and-space era.

I will acknowledge that Quin Snyder has proven himself as one of the league's five best coaches, and I would be betting against him at my own risk. But, my question here is - If you currently have Utah as a top four seed in the west:

Quin was monumentally amazing last year. But no doubt, the bottom line, The Lakers are going to smash these Jazz. But, i look forward to seeing their home record. I think Utah has room for excitement this year. The answer is no. If they can win H2H against the top teams at home, then its possible actually. But I doubt it. The west will be fun to watch. Ultra Competitive.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Homer. Next question. Oh, and I like Snyder, Gobert, and Mitchell's game.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely, seen people put them as high as 2, not happening.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely, seen people put them as high as 2, not happening.

Utah is good, but they probably overachieved last season.

The 2 seed is within the range of possible outcomes if Houston implodes, but so is 9.

3-10 are all pretty good.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see them being anywhere from 4-8.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Utah and Denver will be very good this year and could surprise some

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Utah will be the 4 seed and that OKC and the Jazz area tick above the other teams mashed together in the West.

First- you have a legit star in Donovan Mitchell. He should only be better this season. He reminds me a lot of Dwyane Wade to be honest.

Second- you have one of the, if not the best defensive player in the league in Gobert. Gobert missed significant time with an injury last season. If he is mostly healthy, which he should be, this will help them even more.

Third- they are well coached and do not take games off. Snyder knows what he is doing. They have a system and the players buy into the system. There are no big ego's on this team. There are no distractions on this team. Its just about basketball - no frills. You have seen how well that can work in a city like Indianapolis.

Fourth- they have a lot of solid role players. Joe Ingles is one of the best 3 pt shooters in basketball. Derrick Favors is a very solid big man. Rubio is a player in his prime right now and playing very good basketball. Crowder enjoys being in a system again and looks a lot like the guy he was in Boston- the solid 3 and D defender. Exum is even starting to come around as a very solid defensive option with some great athleticism. Burks can score.

They won 48 games in the West last year even though Gobert missed almost 30 games and Donovan Mitchell was a rookie. A year together, some growth, and i think they are going to be a tough team to beat.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 2 seed is within the range of possible outcomes if Houston implodes, but so is 9.

I think they overacheived last year considering Gobert missed 26 games and Mitchell was a rookie, and they added Crowder at the deadline.

with Mitchell developing, Gobert healthy, a full year of Crowder, an improving Exum, I think they can easily repeat their 48 wins of last year and are a solid bet to win 50+ if they stay healthy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they overacheived last year considering Gobert missed 26 games and Mitchell was a rookie, and they added Crowder at the deadline.

with Mitchell developing, Gobert healthy, a full year of Crowder, an improving Exum, I think they can easily repeat their 48 wins of last year and are a solid bet to win 50+ if they stay healthy.

Defintely possible.

Also possible to win 46 and miss the playoffs. Going to be a fun regular season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say. I don't see them finishing as high as #2 unless something bad happens to the Rockets.

The real question is...did they overachieve last year or are they similar to OKC when they had KD, Westbrook, Harden and Iggy?

Another factor is that I don't think many folks saw them doing what they did last year. So, they won't have any "element of surprise" like they did last year.

I see them as mainly being like the other playoff contenders and can see them finishing as high as 3rd or out of the playoffs. Although I do lean towards them making the playoffs as a 3-5 seed.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll do good again next yr., maybe not #2 in the West good but somewhere between 3 and 8 or 9 seems possible.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2?

Yikes.

But, who had the Blazers 3 last Season?

Top 4 isn't out of the question.

I can actually see them landing at 4.

But, 5-7 is the likely outcome.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them as the No 3 team in the West. They have a no collection of players that complement each other pretty well.
They were the best scoring defense in basketball last year with Gobert missing nearly half the season.

If they stay healthy they are a 50+ win team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll win the 2 seed because Grayson Allen will trip all the other teams before they can get to it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have Utah around a 4-7 seed (4 being generous). But I agree with you on this.