• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The trades to move up...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the Jets Really want Foles, however you know damn Well the Top teams are now gonna allow the Jets to get the Mariota trade....However the jets will most likely be a key piece in this deal...

So according to the draft Value chart #20 holds a value of 850 and #6 has a value of 1,600
now assuming Nick Foles carries a 2nd rd grade which I believe he does that would be roughly 400 -500 our 2nd rd pick carries a value of 380 that means that Nick Foles, Pick #20 and our 2nd rd pick should get us to #6 in rd 1.

Now what would we need to go from #6 to #2??? by the trade value chart #6 holds 1,600 value and #2 is 2,600 value

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up twice? Not happening

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenfever I think it has to happen, or the trade way up may not materialize at all. Nick Foles is a key piece in a trade up, if Tampa, or Titans have no interest in Foles you need to find the team that does, enter the Jets.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foles is actually a nice trade piece to allow us to move up twice, if a deal is in place already with the team on the clock with Mariota on the board. I can see the Rams and the Jets having plenty of interest in Foles

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is actually a nice trade piece to allow us to move up twice, if a deal is in place already with the team on the clock with Mariota on the board. I can see the Rams and the Jets having plenty of interest in Foles
I see the exact same thing.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the exact same thing.

Taz brought up an interesting point which I agree with about Foles. I think this kid has a bit more value than many of us will give him credit for. I like Foles, I really do -- but obviously Mariota is a match made in heaven for this team. Alex Smith got two 2nd round picks, and without any bias - I think Foles is worth just the same. We all knew what Smith was - an average starter who's reached his ceiling. Foles is still a young kid who's improving and has flashed real good ability. Foles has higher potential, plus a great work ethic and character. For the sake of my Mock I played things on the safer side and only netted us a total of a mid round value for Foles in the 1st round swap with the Rams. In today's NFL, a player like Foles should have more value than that, but I didn't want to come off as unrealistic in my trade proposal so I played it safe.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Foles carried a value of 2 second rd picks like Alex Smith, then Foles and #20 should just about get us to #6.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has too happen? When's the last time it ever happened

Tampabirdsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taz brought up an interesting point which I agree with about Foles. I think this kid has a bit more value than many of us will give him credit for. I like Foles, I really do -- but obviously Mariota is a match made in heaven for this team. Alex Smith got two 2nd round picks, and without any bias - I think Foles is worth just the same. We all knew what Smith was - an average starter who's reached his ceiling. Foles is still a young kid who's improving and has flashed real good ability. Foles has higher potential, plus a great work ethic and character. For the sake of my Mock I played things on the safer side and only netted us a total of a mid round value for Foles in the 1st round swap with the Rams. In today's NFL, a player like Foles should have more value than that, but I didn't want to come off as unrealistic in my trade proposal so I played it safe.

Exactly!! We got a 2nd and a starting CB for Kolb, who really only had like 3 good games. We got a high 2nd for an aging McNabb. We even got a 2nd for AJ Feely. There is no way Foles is worth just a 2nd. At least 1 2nd and 1 3rd and probably 2 2nds.

Tampabirdsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Foles carried a value of 2 second rd picks like Alex Smith, then Foles and #20 should just about get us to #6.

Based on the value chart, that would be enough. But this isn't a standard situation. Chip loves Mariota and everyone knows it. If he tries to trade up, everyone knows who he's going after, and any team will look to take advantage of the situation. I bet the Jets wouldn't settle for any less than #20, next year's 1st, and Foles.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the value chart, that would be enough. But this isn't a standard situation. Chip loves Mariota and everyone knows it. If he tries to trade up, everyone knows who he's going after, and any team will look to take advantage of the situation. I bet the Jets wouldn't settle for any less than #20, next year's 1st, and Foles.
Agreed and that's highway robbery

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That might be true if Mariota by some miracle is still on the board at #6. In that case I'd gladly give up #20, Foles and next years 1st for that. Though, if this is a plan to try to trade up twice, then I can't see the Jets holding the Eagles ransom - especially if they really do like Foles. I'm not saying it would be as easy as #20 and Foles for #6….but I don't think it would cost an additional first next year if we're trying to make this trade happen while the Titans are on the clock.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they would because Chip can get other teams in a bidding war....Titans,raiders, Jacksonville I'm sure would all love to have a shit ton of picks.

Tampabirdsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be true if Mariota by some miracle is still on the board at #6. In that case I'd gladly give up #20, Foles and next years 1st for that. Though, if this is a plan to try to trade up twice, then I can't see the Jets holding the Eagles ransom - especially if they really do like Foles. I'm not saying it would be as easy as #20 and Foles for #6….but I don't think it would cost an additional first next year if we're trying to make this trade happen while the Titans are on the clock.

The way I see it, if the Eagles need to trade up to #6 to get to #2, then the Titans wouldn't seem to be interested in trading all the way down to #20. In that scenario, the Jets would still hold all the cards, as a refusal to make a deal would seriously set the Eagles hopes of trading to #2 back. Obviously they could try to trade up to #4, 5, 6, 7, etc, but based on reports so far, the Jets seem like the most willing trade partner that high. They're still going to want theirs. To trade up from #9 to #4 last year, it took the Bills a 1st and 4th this year. That is still more than the 2 2nd's Foles may be worth, and we'd be looking to move up 14 spots. At a minimum, I see the Jets settling for no less than #20, Foles, and a second either this year or next. Possibly both

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they need to get to 2 to get Mariotta. I think when its all said and done they will need to get to 1 to get him. I still see Mariotta as the best QB in this draft. Take Winstons off the field stuff off the table, I still think one on one mono o mono Mariotta is slightly better. Even if they are even, Winstons off the field stuff pushes him down.

I think Tampa is playing a shell game right now. Just like Andy Reid did when he took McNabb, it wasn't until very late in the week of the draft we knew for certain it was McNabb. Oh BTW Jason Licht is from the Eagles front office and studied under Andy Reid.

All that said if Mariotta does fall to #6, I can see the Jets trading for him but Foles won't be envolved. I would think Kendricks might be since Bowles was here when Kendricks was drafted. Might even want Brandon Boykin who he coached. Plus of course multiple first round picks. In fact if they dealt Kendricks or Boykin, #20 plus 2016 first rounder, I think that is a good deal for both sides.

Then the Eagles could turn around and deal Foles for multiple 2nd round picks and basically recoup some of what they dealt for Mariotta.
However a ton has to happen for any of this to go down and pardon the pun every Chip has to fall into place the stars have to align etc etc etc.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foles gets traded no matter if we can get Mariota or not....Foles is gone.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the Jets Really want Foles, however you know damn ...Now what would we need to go from #6 to #2??? by the trade value chart #6 holds 1,600 value and #2 is 2,600 value
As if it wasn't a no-brainer before...who wouldn't do this?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say this? Who's his replacement? Locker ( your guy:))
Because all the writing on the wall says Chip doesn't like him for his offense. He is a free agent next year, so if Chip knows he can get a decent pick for him, he will move him this year. So if we don't get MM look for Chip to draft Hundley, Grayson or Petty.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because all the writing on the wall says Chip doesn't like him for his offense. He is a free agent next year, so if Chip knows he can get a decent pick for him, he will move him this year. So if we don't get MM look for Chip to draft Hundley, Grayson or Petty.
I'm ok with that. I think any of these guys can succeed in Chip's system.