• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Third QB ( Sanchez Is Done Here )

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We take a financial hit if Sanchez gets injured and we release him .. That's why he sat vs The Rams .. There is, of course, always the possibility of trading him, but the same reason for sitting him applies, as his value isn't much as it stands, let alone if he's hurt ..

Could the 'Boys or 'Hawks be landing spots ??

With that in mind, we do not go into the season without a vet ..

Who do you expect to be released, who could possibly fit the bill ??

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Yates is a good bet since he is available and knows the Kubiak offense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Carl's idea of TJ Yates. Not really digging someone like Jimmy Claussen because he doesn't act like a vet. To be a vet you need to act like a vet. Yates has starting experience and knows the system.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sanchez would take a pay cut, I would rather have a guy that has spent the last six months learning the system and the team, then a TJ Yates coming off the street after a serious knee injury, with no OTA's or training camp time.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy - would perhaps be a candidate - the Broncos Director of Personnel - who was with the Browns for years - might want some of that Colt McCoy (Colt - best attempt by a parent to give their kid a QB name).

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to be interesting

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few vet QB's waived today

Austin Davis
Jerrod Johnson (vet but very little NFl experience, bouncing around camps and PS)

Davis could be an option. Still think Yates makes the most sense, and perhaps he was holding off to see what was gonna happen in Denver.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Carl's idea of TJ Yates. Not really digging someone like Jimmy Claussen because he doesn't act like a vet. To be a vet you need to act like a vet. Yates has starting experience and knows the system.

He had an ACL in mid December. Not sure if he's ready.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez is done (no surprise) but it was announced Lynch will play all 4 quarters of the last PS game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Freeman a lot coming out. Haven't been impressed with him in quite awhile. Not that we are looking for a pro bowler, but he is experienced.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Freeman a lot coming out. Haven't been impressed with him in quite awhile. Not that we are looking for a pro bowler, but he is experienced.

I'm torn on Freeman. I knew him in college and I'll be honest personality wise he was not a good person in college. He knew he was going to the NFL and well let everybody know he was going to the NFL and expected everybody to give him special treatment. At the same time I have a friend who helped mentor him some when he got to the pros and tells me all the time that he has really changed. Throw in I would bet by now with struggling to even make an NFL team he has been quite humbled.

Just a quick story on Freeman. My friend that helped him out when he got to the pros met Freeman while in college. My friend was an OL player for the University of Florida before he blew out his knee and then started getting into coaching. He had a friend on the K-State staff that invited him to meet the team. Well when the K-State coach was introducing him to Josh Freeman he went to shake his hand and Josh just gave him a look and started walking away. The coach ran after Freeman picked him up and slammed him against the wall telling him he better learn some manners and start respecting those around him. Freeman ran back and just kept apologizing for like 5 minutes. Next thing you know my friend and Freeman started talking about once a week for the next few years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy - would perhaps be a candidate - the Broncos Director of Personnel - who was with the Browns for years - might want some of that Colt McCoy (Colt - best attempt by a parent to give their kid a QB name).

I actually like McCoy. I think he has gotten a bad hand so far in the NFL. Honestly he is one of those guys I could have seen if he came to the Broncos winning the starting job and being decent. He has decent mobility that he could run the Kubiak system and has very good accuracy. Unfortunately he is signed for the next 3 years with the Redskins and I doubt they want to trade him.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like McCoy. I think he has gotten a bad hand so far in the NFL. Honestly he is one of those guys I could have seen if he came to the Broncos winning the starting job and being decent. He has decent mobility that he could run the Kubiak system and has very good accuracy. Unfortunately he is signed for the next 3 years with the Redskins and I doubt they want to trade him.
Agree on both fronts. He really looked much better when he's played with Washington and I always felt he didn't have much help in Cleveland and was happy to see him grow and improve with Skins. They know they have a solid back up there in case Cousins goes down I believe.