• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rockies and Don arrive at the Ballpark to face the Rangers - COL v TEX

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several people have mentioned him needing to go to AAA, but the reason is as he stated, his play is just as frustrating but his situation is not
Understand JT but play is so bad that it alone is reason enough.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand JT but play is so bad that it alone is reason enough.

Who do you replace him with? That was the issue with Odor, there was obviously someone better already playing to replace him when Andrus got back, that's not the case with Gallo

But at this point it might be Choo, with Beltre spending a lot of his time at DH lately

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you replace him with? That was the issue with Odor, there was obviously someone better already playing to replace him when Andrus got back, that's not the case with Gallo

But at this point it might be Choo, with Beltre spending a lot of his time at DH lately
Any chance of Calhoun coming up IYO? I'd like to see how he could handle LF and MLB pitching.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'm all for Gallo going to AAA, not bc he's struggling per say but bc he's basically made it known he has no intention of really trying to fix anything

I would be all for Odor doing the same based on what he's doing now

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance of Calhoun coming up IYO? I'd like to see how he could handle LF and MLB pitching.

He's struggled in LF and hitting AAA pitching for power this year, I don't think ML pitching would be much kinder

If he was at least hitting well I'd be all for it, I think Calhoun would just be a lateral move

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow looking at the AAA roster, what an abyss of talent (pitching isn't any better, couple bullpen guys... maybe), Calhoun, Ibanez and Cole are about the only hitters I'd give a shot at ML playing time and those are a stretch at this point, Ibanez and Cole are hitting well, Calhoun is ok, but defense is probably not a selling point for all 3 (I know its not for Calhoun & Ibanez, don't really know much about Cole other than what I've read on here)

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the choice is Profar everyday or Odor everyday, its Profar everyday

If the choice is Profar at 2B full time or serving a UTIL role, then its 2B and comfort in playing one position

If its Odor being on the bench or in AAA, then its AAA, he has PLENTY to work on that could be done at AAA...

its not going to be batting average or HRs that should be looked for, is it an appreciable difference in his approach at the plate, especially with 2 strikes (same could be said for Gallo), its gotten better in recent weeks, but at the cost of his power, which made him a unique but still seriously flawed player, the time when he can put together complete ABs AND hit for power is when he can have his job back (I'd settle for complete ABs and 10-15 HRs honestly) and improved defense (also a skill that can be worked on at AAA)

I whole heartedly agree that this is a development year but at this rate you also have to play the best player when there is an accumulation of talent at one spot and as I stated before Odor has flawed skills that can be worked on at AAA
This is exactly my feelings in regards to Profar and Odor. Profar plays everyday at the MLB level and Odor plays everyday at the AAA level. We should want Odor to get his act back together at AAA. If he doesn't then it does not hurt the major league club plus it is all part of this being a developmental year. The development does not have to happen at the MLB level in this case. And we can hope at the very least he becomes trade worthy if Profar continues to play well.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow looking at the AAA roster, what an abyss of talent (pitching isn't any better, couple bullpen guys... maybe), Calhoun, Ibanez and Cole are about the only hitters I'd give a shot at ML playing time and those are a stretch at this point, Ibanez and Cole are hitting well, Calhoun is ok, but defense is probably not a selling point for all 3 (I know its not for Calhoun & Ibanez, don't really know much about Cole other than what I've read on here)
It really is bad and hard to get excited about Frisco even though it looks better than RR especially in the pitching department. Hope we can keep restocking. It all has to start at the bottom like a pyramid and hope that you have enough talent to trickle up. If the base is not strong then it will be hard to expect much at the top. Plus you hope an IKF shows up a time or two.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Gallo is keeping a superior Gallo off the field.

The question was lack of uproar, and that was thoroughly explained, I don't think a single person has argued that he should remain up at the ML level or that he doesn't need to improve

I think Gallo should go back down and be forced to try and go the other way and work on his bunting, those are both skills that he could learn against AAA pitching

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Level, people that I'm rooting for/have hopes to see accomplish something that are currently in our minor league system, cut off year of 1993, approximately 25 y/o

Chris Seise (SS), Joe Palumbo (LHP) and Cole Ragans (LHP) are currently injured and not listed on any of the rosters

David Garcia is an international catcher but he's not playing stateside yet, played in the Dominican Summer League last year

A (Short) - Spokane:
Miguel Aparicio RF
Julio Pablo Martinez CF
Hans Crouse RHP

A (Low) - Hickory:
A.J. Alexy RHP
Tyler Phillips P
Alex Speas RHP
Sam Huff C
Pedro Gonzalez CF
Bubba Thompson CF

A (High) - Down East:
Edgar Arredondo RHP
Jairo Beras RHP
Kyle Cody RHP
Michael Matuella RHP
C.D. Pelham LHP
Cole Wiper RHP
Matt Whatley C
Brendon Davis SS
Charles Leblanc 3B
Anderson Tejeda SS
Leody Taveras CF

AA - Frisco:
Jonathan Hernandez RHP
Ariel Jurado RHP
Brett Martin LHP
Richelson Pena P
Collin Wiles RHP
Michael De Leon SS
Josh Morgan 2B
Yanio Perez 3B
Juremi Profar 3B

AAA - Round Rock
Andy Ibanez 3B
Willie Calhoun LF
Ricardo Rodriguez RHP

Saddles let me know if I missed any guys that weren't just drafted

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Level, people that I'm rooting for/have hopes to see accomplish something that are currently in our minor league system, cut off year of 1993, approximately 25 y/o

Chris Seise (SS), Joe Palumbo (LHP) and Cole Ragans (LHP) are currently injured and not listed on any of the rosters

David Garcia is an international catcher but he's not playing stateside yet, played in the Dominican Summer League last year

A (Short) - Spokane:
Miguel Aparicio RF
Julio Pablo Martinez CF
Hans Crouse RHP

A (Low) - Hickory:
A.J. Alexy RHP
Tyler Phillips P
Alex Speas RHP
Sam Huff C
Pedro Gonzalez CF
Bubba Thompson CF

A (High) - Down East:
Edgar Arredondo RHP
Jairo Beras RHP
Kyle Cody RHP
Michael Matuella RHP
C.D. Pelham LHP
Cole Wiper RHP
Matt Whatley C
Brendon Davis SS
Charles Leblanc 3B
Anderson Tejeda SS
Leody Taveras CF

AA - Frisco:
Jonathan Hernandez RHP
Ariel Jurado RHP
Brett Martin LHP
Richelson Pena P
Collin Wiles RHP
Michael De Leon SS
Josh Morgan 2B
Yanio Perez 3B
Juremi Profar 3B

AAA - Round Rock
Andy Ibanez 3B
Willie Calhoun LF
Ricardo Rodriguez RHP

No Hunter Cole.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A (Short) - Spokane:
Miguel Aparicio RF
Julio Pablo Martinez CF
Hans Crouse RHP

A (Low) - Hickory:
A.J. Alexy RHP
Tyler Phillips P
Alex Speas RHP
Sam Huff C
Pedro Gonzalez CF
Bubba Thompson CF

A (High) - Down East:
Edgar Arredondo RHP
Jairo Beras RHP
Kyle Cody RHP
Michael Matuella RHP
C.D. Pelham LHP
Cole Wiper RHP
Matt Whatley C
Brendon Davis SS
Charles Leblanc 3B
Anderson Tejeda SS
Leody Taveras CF

AA - Frisco:
Jonathan Hernandez RHP
Ariel Jurado RHP
Brett Martin LHP
Richelson Pena P
Collin Wiles RHP
Michael De Leon SS
Josh Morgan 2B
Yanio Perez 3B
Juremi Profar 3B

AAA - Round Rock
Andy Ibanez 3B
Willie Calhoun LF
Ricardo Rodriguez RHP

Scott Heineman missed your cutoff by a month. I am also surprised they have not given Nicholas a shot since he is doing well or maybe they don't want to do anything that might expose him at the MLB level so they can use him as a trade chip. But he missed your cut by quite a bit. I also have not been impressed with Juremi Profar so far. But good job on the list overall.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Elvis is back. Put Kiner out there, he played the outfield in the minors. Move Profar to third.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Heineman missed your cutoff by a month. I am also surprised they have not given Nicholas a shot since he is doing well or maybe they don't want to do anything that might expose him at the MLB level so they can use him as a trade chip. But he missed your cut by quite a bit. I also have not been impressed with Juremi Profar so far. But good job on the list overall.
Are you talking about Brett Nicholas. If so he was traded to the Padres earlier in the year.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing at all the talk about Odor and very little about Gallo who is shameful at the plate.
For me, the difference is the MLB AB for each of them. If Gallo is struggling with that much regal playing time accumulated I would feel the same about him if all other things like defense are equal as well.

It is the same reason I have not given up on Rua and the same reason I never gave up on Chris Davis.

By the same token it was time to give up on Blalock when they did.

I wouldn't mind them giving Odor a chance at AAA to turn his game around.

In this season of evaluation I would rather see guys who haven't been given as many chances as Odor be given chances first.