• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Rangers Host 2 Games Against The Diamondbacks August 13-14

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What distrubs me most about him is his reluctance to do what he does best, and that is, make contact, spray it around, and use those terrific legs to your best advantage. And he knows this is his biggest, if not only, true asset.

He seems to insist on wanting to show off some nonexistent power, where he should be sitting over there with Choo and listening to him on how to hit PERIOD. Worked wonders with Odor.
I don't think we have seen the CF who will start in 2020. Plenty of time yet to find one. The three we have been seeing were being given every fair opportunity to earn the job and has not done so.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have seen the CF who will start in 2020. Plenty of time yet to find one. The three we have been seeing were being given every fair opportunity to earn the job and has not done so.
I don't know that any of our CF prospects will even be ready by 2020.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Sunday September 23 is the final home game of the season.
Keep in mind that he hasn't started in 4 of the past 5 Sundays. They rest him a lot on Sundays.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other places to look. Trades and /or FA may have to suffice awhile

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heineman I hear plays a little center field. Maybe Tocci can get better at the plate.

Still there is no replacement for natural ability/athleticism IMO. This is a barrier for DDJ and others I am afraid but may be how JPM advanceds quicker than expected

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually Tocci hasn't, since he had no business being here to begin with and the entire organization knew it. And honestly, I think I've seen some positives out of him.....That said, he'll probably be at AA to start next year and be given a chance to play there everyday, and see if he can earn his way to AAA.

And Robinson, spit the bit initially, got sent down, and earned his way back. Now, he's getting the Rua treatment, therefore he isn't prospering. Not saying he necessarily would. But he's not be given a fair shake IMO.

I just don't get why Tocci has garnered so many ab/playing time when we know full well he won't be here next year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Tocci hasn't, since he had no business being here to begin with and the entire organization knew it. And honestly, I think I've seen some positives out of him.....That said, he'll probably be at AA to start next year and be given a chance to play there everyday, and see if he can earn his way to AAA.

And Robinson, spit the bit initially, got sent down, and earned his way back. Now, he's getting the Rua treatment, therefore he isn't prospering. Not saying he necessarily would. But he's not be given a fair shake IMO.

I just don't get why Tocci has garnered so many ab/playing time when we know full well he won't be here next year.

No argument here. They just did not show what it takes when given the chance. Drew may get more time b/c he has earned it but still stand by my statement," none of the three will be our starting CF in 2020. LMO

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's active then it still counts as his final home game.
Oh, I thought you were wanting to see him play one last time. My mistake.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I thought you were wanting to see him play one last time. My mistake.

Hard to say with someone like Beltre who doesn't much care for attention, but I think if he knew it was his final home game, he'd play. Or at least Banister would make sure he had at least one final at bat.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heineman is the closest I see. he is hitting .290 at AAA and has started 107 games in minors in CF including 35 this season. I would like to see him get a chance in CF at the MLB level after September 1st callups

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To keep Tocci he has to be at the MLB level and that was the team's intent from the moment they took him in the Rule 5 draft. Robinson is a bench player nothing more and talking about him as a starter is a joke