• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PGA Championship

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst drive you have ever seen a pro hit? :pound::pound::pound:

Are you kidding me? There have been lots of worse drives. So that insanely off line drive that Rory hit at the Masters a few years back (that was way off line & practically in someone else's yard) was not worse? There is a thing called objectivity - you might want to look into it.
I take it back. I saw Woods cold top one at the U.S. Open a few years back that was so bad it had the gallery snickering and laughing. Boy did that crowd reaction infuriate Woods. I loved it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst drive you have ever seen a pro hit? :pound::pound::pound:

Are you kidding me? There have been lots of worse drives. So that insanely off line drive that Rory hit at the Masters a few years back (that was way off line & practically in someone else's yard) was not worse? There is a thing called objectivity - you might want to look into it.
Maybe not the worst drive but it was thrilling. I jumped off the couch with a fist pump when he hit it because I knew the boy was done.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why do they use them?. Your statement makes no sense; not when every golfer on tour is using 460s

Because they don’t manufacture small drivers anymore.....

Do you want them to go on eBay and purchase vintage clubs to try and prove a point to everyone?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll put on my V cash you couldn’t break 100 on that golf course
At par 70 it’s legit with that rough and it’s pretty tight off the tee
I'm a legitimate 6 handicap golfer and that course played very easy as indicated by the low scores. The course was very receptive because of the rain that fell during the tournament. I will admit that Tiger looks like he's back in form and could contend for another Major.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they don’t manufacture small drivers anymore.....

Do you want them to go on eBay and purchase vintage clubs to try and prove a point to everyone?
And why do you think that is.........?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why do you think that is.........?

Because the 10+ handicappers make up 85% of the golfer population......

Do you think TaylorMade is stupid? They make clubs that are going to appeal to the average golfer.

They want to make money.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can get home in 2 with a 3 wood on a par 5 at a major? He was down 2 and Brooks wasn’t backing down.
Make birdie the legitimate way if you can't hit your driver straight. Woods was spot on with his irons all day. He was wedging balls close all day; why not on 17?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the 10+ handicappers make up 85% of the golfer population......

Do you think TaylorMade is stupid? They make clubs that are going to appeal to the average golfer.

They want to make money.
You are fighting a losing argument. Just give it up. No pro would ever go back to persimmon again, ever.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are fighting a losing argument. Just give it up. No pro would ever go back to persimmon again, ever.

Of course they wouldn’t. Who is going to pay them millions of dollars to play old ass clubs?

If a rule was put into place suddenly that for whatever reason all players must go back to using olden day equipment, you would see that the best golfers in the world would still be the best golfers in the world.

Dustin Johnson wouldn’t hit the ball as far as he does now, but he would adapt and still be right at the top. And he’d still shoot under par.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make birdie the legitimate way if you can't hit your driver straight. Woods was spot on with his irons all day. He was wedging balls close all day; why not on 17?

Again... :L he was 2 back. Brooks had answered all day. So he makes birdie on 17, then Brooks makes birdie behind him.. then Tiger tries to make eagle on 18?

No Tard.. he’s going to try to get green side in 2 or close on a 600 yard par 5. At least have a look at chipping in for eagle. That’s what Tiger was thinking.

It’s what anyone with nuts is thinking. Much less a player in the top 50 in the world and former #1 in the world.

3 wood off the tee on that hole in that situation is not the play unless you’re goal is 2nd or 3rd place.

Last edited:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a legitimate 6 handicap golfer and that course played very easy as indicated by the low scores. The course was very receptive because of the rain that fell during the tournament. I will admit that Tiger looks like he's back in form and could contend for another Major.

I think the rain helped a lot. Par 70 at 7300 yards and most of the holes there are pretty tight off the tee. Rough was thick. Amazing these guys can rip up a course like that.

Some easy holes on that course though I will say that. Some hard ones too but not for the best in the world apparently

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it back. I saw Woods cold top one at the U.S. Open a few years back that was so bad it had the gallery snickering and laughing. Boy did that crowd reaction infuriate Woods. I loved it.

So in all the PGA tourneys over the past several years only Tiger has had really bad drives that you have witnessed? Give me a break. Take a look at some of these bad shots - horrible. They are not drives but no doubt there have been some equally bad drives. Take a look at the guy making a big mistake at the 2:15 mark. Recognize him?

Pt is that all of these guys make mistakes, and Tiger is no exception. And please don't bring up that the Tiger from 2000 would not make these mistakes. Nobody is claiming that he is the same guy at this time. You are just obsessed w/ hating him for some reason. More power to ya.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... :L he was 2 back. Brooks had answered all day. So he makes birdie on 17, then Brooks makes birdie behind him.. then Tiger tries to make eagle on 18?

No Tard.. he’s going to try to get green side in 2 or close on a 600 yard par 5. At least have a look at chipping in for eagle. That’s what Tiger was thinking.

It’s what anyone with nuts is thinking. Much less a player in the top 50 in the world and former #1 in the world.

3 wood off the tee on that hole in that situation is not the play unless you’re goal is 2nd or 3rd place.

No doubt if Tiger used a lesser club at 17 that this guy and others would state that Tiger didn't have a lower score because he didn't use the driver more. It is what it is - it was Koepka's day - period & not a choke job (a laughable premise).