• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PGA Championship

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the pressure got to him on the drive on 17 because he knew he had to make birdie after leaving that putt short on 16....was it a choke? imo no, not the way he was driving the ball.

A choke in golf is Van De Velde, at Carnoustie or Scott Hoch at the Masters...taking a sure thing and turning into a loss.

Or Spieth on the 12th hole @ the Masters a few years ago.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - if nothing else this should make everyone believe that the US should win the Ryder Cup next month. They just have so many talented golfers at this time. Hopefully at that time folks here are rooting for everyone on the US team & not just their favorites.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - if nothing else this should make everyone believe that the US should win the Ryder Cup next month. They just have so many talented golfers at this time. Hopefully at that time folks here are rooting for everyone on the US team & not just their favorites.

RC...it will be nice to go back to back. Europe will have a strong squad...and the home team...interesting they chose France. I was just over there a few weeks ago and granted they had just won the World Cup and Tour De France was in full swing, but there was almost no buzz about the Ryder Cup. The one French golfer I spoke to at our hotel in Paris said golf is not nearly as big in France as it is in other parts of Europe, but he thought the more rapid golf fans from Spain and the UK will easily filled the void. The hotel was already booked solid for that week.

For me the RC is pure entertainment...I don't put it up there with the majors, but it's about the flag...hopefully they can deliver.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference imo in the Tiger of old and now...he was the chaser yesterday...chasers have to press and when you press you fuck up eventually. Chasers rarely win majors unless the hunted (Norman) comes back to them.
Fair enough. That could be the case with Woods since he has never won a Major when he was not the 54-hole leader.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to understand the narrative. Remember this guy could barely walk not long ago. As he ages I am also sure that he has a different perspective on things. He also played well - it just that Koepka shot lights out. You are probably rt about the old Woods doing that - so what. Like most of us we act different as we get older - especially given some of the things someone like this has encountered over the past several years (much admittedly due to his own choices).

BTW - how is shooting a 64 gagging?
Its not. Slicing your drive on a completely get-able par 5 on the 17th hole with the tournament on the line is gagging. And "slicing" is being kind. He even hit it right of the creek like a rank amateur.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RC...it will be nice to go back to back. Europe will have a strong squad...and the home team...interesting they chose France. I was just over there a few weeks ago and granted they had just won the World Cup and Tour De France was in full swing, but there was almost no buzz about the Ryder Cup. The one French golfer I spoke to at our hotel in Paris said golf is not nearly as big in France as it is in other parts of Europe, but he thought the more rapid golf fans from Spain and the UK will easily filled the void. The hotel was already booked solid for that week.

For me the RC is pure entertainment...I don't put it up there with the majors, but it's about the flag...hopefully they can deliver.
Its one of my very favorite sporting events. I rank it only below the Masters and above the Super Bowl, World Series and NBA Finals.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not. Slicing your drive on a completely get-able par 5 on the 17th hole with the tournament on the line is gagging. And "slicing" is being kind. He even hit it right of the creek like a rank amateur.

I guess you’ve never struggled with the driver. And being the “scratch golfer” that you claim to be that has to be amazing for you.

What’s funny is the more you post on this thread the more you look like a complete idiot. Keep Tardin!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its one of my very favorite sporting events. I rank it only below the Masters and above the Super Bowl, World Series and NBA Finals.

I'm not really a fan that "pulls" for players...I'm a Tiger, Phil, Rory, DJ... type fan...I like seeing the best players play well in the majors, who wins I don't get too caught up into.

The RC is the one time I'm a real fan, like pulling for my NFL team. Where it ranks, I'm not real sure.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I rather see people root for who ever they want and save their patriotism for when they go to Amazon.

Spend the extra couple of bucks to buy the American made product.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amazing what happens in a few years. 4 years ago the Euros were dominant. 2 years ago the young guys stepped up and now Team USA is loaded. Anything can happen though

Have to think a guy like Tony Finau gets in. Does Bubba get in? Phil get in? Kuchar probably gets in. Reed gets in. Xander might get in

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather see people root for who ever they want and save their patriotism for when they go to Amazon.

Spend the extra couple of bucks to buy the American made product.

Absolutely root for whoever, but when you hate on a guy when he plays solid and just bitch about it continuously it Just makes you look very butthurt

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely root for whoever, but when you hate on a guy when he plays solid and just bitch about it continuously it Just makes you look very butthurt

Listen, people can hate whoever they want. I can't stand Tiger and I doubt that will ever change.
What people can't do is deny reality because of their personnel feelings.

In my eyes Tiger could not have had a better year after so many layoffs. He did not need to win a tournament. I can't remember anyone being that dialed in with wedges as Tiger was the last 2 days. Pretty incredible stuff.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you’ve never struggled with the driver. And being the “scratch golfer” that you claim to be that has to be amazing for you.

What’s funny is the more you post on this thread the more you look like a complete idiot. Keep Tardin!
Good lord you are tiresome little twit. I don't claim to be the GOAT like Woods does and I don't spend 10 hours a day practicing. If I made my living on the tour you can bet I would not hit a shot like that with the PGA on the line.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really a fan that "pulls" for players...I'm a Tiger, Phil, Rory, DJ... type fan...I like seeing the best players play well in the majors, who wins I don't get too caught up into.

The RC is the one time I'm a real fan, like pulling for my NFL team. Where it ranks, I'm not real sure.
Agreed, but I pull for the U.S. in the Presidents Cup as well and generally pull for an American to win the Majors......unless that American is Woods. I generally like to see the underdog win in individual tournaments.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two differences I see between the Woods of old and Woods now. The first is he gagged badly again with the tournament on the line as he did in the British and in Florida earlier this year. He never used to do that.
More telling though was the ridiculous leg kick and fist pump at 18 at the PGA when he had already blown the tournament. It was like "Yes, I've clinched third place" when he would have been angry at third in the past.

He seemed so desperate to do the fist pump thing in front of the crowd that he did it when you know he really wasn't feeling it. It seemed really contrived but I'll be damned if the saps in the crowd did not eat it up. But the old Woods never would have been happy about clinching third. especially when he choked so badly on the previous hole.

He hit a bad drive that wound up costing him a stroke. Woods would have needed to tie the all time record in a major to take it to a playoff. He didn't choke. Koepka was just too good.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord you are tiresome little twit. I don't claim to be the GOAT like Woods does and I don't spend 10 hours a day practicing. If I made my living on the tour you can bet I would not hit a shot like that with the PGA on the line.

Funny shit. You would never miss a shot :10: because you could practice more.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit a bad drive that wound up costing him a stroke. Woods would have needed to tie the all time record in a major to take it to a playoff. He didn't choke. Koepka was just too good.

Talked with my buddy who was in St. Louis and followed Tiger all weekend...

Tiger came on the scene and ripped up golf courses before people were ripping up golf courses. Yes technology gets some of the credit, but the mind set Tiger had was different. Now all these kids have that mind set with technology. Day had his run, Spieth had his run, DJ comes and goes, now Brooks. It will go back and forth. Goes in cycles.

I don’t really have a favorite, I just love watching these kids rip up golf courses. I root for Spieth, Brooks, DJ, Tiger making a comeback — definitely pull more for the US guys, especially after going to Ryder cup at Hazeltine

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing what happens in a few years. 4 years ago the Euros were dominant. 2 years ago the young guys stepped up and now Team USA is loaded. Anything can happen though

Have to think a guy like Tony Finau gets in. Does Bubba get in? Phil get in? Kuchar probably gets in. Reed gets in. Xander might get in

Bubba is in on points. The top 8 are automatic. The playoffs could change this some -

Koepka
DJ
JT
Reed
Bubba
Speith
Fowler
Webb Simpson (how did that happen ? I haven't been following golf as closely as I usually do this season)

Phil & Tiger are at 10 & 11 after Dechambeau at 9. I think they both get selected. Schauffele, Kuchar, Kisner & Finau are the next 4. I don't see anyone after that they might reach for.. maybe Zach Johnson at #20.

In any case, they're going to be loaded.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods would tell you he choked. You cannot hit that shot at that time.