• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the D.U. Pioneers on their 8th National Championship, Was a great game hats off to Minnesota Duluth, they played a good game.
pioneers021.jpg
I bet my pick up hockey team (35 and older) would give them a run for there money.:dhd::doobs:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we lose tonight and the standings remain ideally the same, it looks like we are picking 11 or 12? We have the same pts as Winnipeg. How does this work guys on selection? Am I following this correctly? I think a guy like Cody Glass may be a possibility for us at this spot.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we lose tonight and the standings remain ideally the same, it looks like we are picking 11 or 12? We have the same pts as Winnipeg. How does this work guys on selection? Am I following this correctly? I think a guy like Cody Glass may be a possibility for us at this spot.

It's interesting because based on what I see, a regulation loss has us picking 9th or 10th and a win has us picking 12th overall. That just seems like a decent difference considering this is the last game of the season. Will our game tonight just be two teams both playing not to win? Lol

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting because based on what I see, a regulation loss has us picking 9th or 10th and a win has us picking 12th overall. That just seems like a decent difference considering this is the last game of the season. Will our game tonight just be two teams both playing not to win? Lol
Gotta feel bad for those who paid big money for the tickets. It's probably going to be a low scoring and playing keep away would be my guess. I hope we don't go into OT. We lose and I like what you were saying at 9th.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking geez man. Only the Flyers could possibly fuck up the draft order. Of course they lose it in OT. So we gave Carolina a better pick and they beat us as well. We got doubled fucked tonight.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking geez man. Only the Flyers could possibly fuck up the draft order. Of course they lose it in OT. So we gave Carolina a better pick and they beat us as well. We got doubled fucked tonight.

It's unfortunate, because that was actually a competitive, exciting game. The single point bumps us to 12th in the drafting order too and without the satisfaction of ending the season with a win...Lol

Not enough regulation wins this season. We should've closed more teams out early and played with more leads. Too many slow starts in games and slow starts off of long breaks. It was crushing to watch at times.

You have to wonder if we'd be a playoff team today had Dale Weise simply played most of the season like he did the last 14 games (6 goals, 4 assists, +9, 26 shots, 22 PIM). Do we protect him now as our 7th forward in the expansion draft? I would have to say that he's suddenly earned it.

I look for that line of Schenn, Couturier and Weise to pick up next season where they left off this season and via that alone, we'll be a much better team.

Now if we can somehow give Vegas a pick to take MacDonald, then dress Provorov, Ghost, Gudas, Hagg, Morin and Myers while spending that extra cap space on a scoring winger, we will be rocking and rolling next season.

Last edited:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate, because that was actually a competitive, exciting game. The single point bumps us to 12th in the drafting order too and without the satisfaction of ending the season with a win...Lol

Not enough regulation wins this season. We should've closed more teams out early and played with more leads. Too many slow starts in games and slow starts off of long breaks. It was crushing to watch at times.

You have to wonder if we'd be a playoff team today had Dale Weise simply played most of the season like he did the last 14 games (6 goals, 4 assists, +9, 26 shots, 22 PIM). Do we protect him now as our 7th forward in the expansion draft? I would have to say that he's suddenly earned it.

I look for that line of Schenn, Couturier and Weise to pick up next season where they left off this season and via that alone, we'll be a much better team.

Now if we can somehow give Vegas a pick to take MacDonald, then dress Provorov, Ghost, Gudas, Hagg, Morin and Myers while spending that extra cap space on a scoring winger, we will be rocking and rolling next season.
Yeah, it makes we wonder what the Flyers will do? I think both Weise and Weal did a remarkable job and hope we can keep both.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so ends another season :pout:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calder and Vezina nomination in his rookie year say he was comfortable that year.

His Columbus teams were also terrible. I'm not saying he's a great goalie because it's the overall body of work that counts. But he has the ability to be a great NHL goalie and he's proven that.
You used this logic against Neuvy earlier so i think its only fair to point out he is 37th in the league in save percentage.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that I am very impressed with Schenn this season. I think he is only going to get much better. Perhaps he has turned the page? He just needs to get his +/- on the plus side. I think he is a -18 for the season.
Schenn didn't get enough credit for the good year he had.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the heck did Belmare win the player that plays with the most heart and not Manning?

That's a damn good question!!!!

Friggin Gudas came out in that suit.....I hardly recognized that SOB!!!!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn didn't get enough credit for the good year he had.
Very true, he didn't. In fact, it just seemed he was flying under the radar all season. His numbers are much higher this year than past years and nobody talks about it?:noidea:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a chance, I'll post up some pics from Saturday's game!!!!

I have a fuckin KILLER pic of Ghost taking a shot from the blue line!!!!!

I'm going to have it blown up poster size for my Man Cave.

Also a great pic of Simmer passing one to Gee for a shot, and one of Simmer!!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Since we have no playoff team, who are you rooting for. I'm going to go with Ovie, would like to see him get a cup. Joe Thornton and Marleau are deserving too.