• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new helmet rule is dumb

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to this, the helmet was created / implemented to protect players not to be used as a weapon. People that don't see these things are not looking for the truth. It's ignorant to think this step forward is not good for the game.

if you're not going to allow helmet contact, go back to leather helmets.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense to me at all.
If they can't lead with their heads, the only thing you're protecting against is accidental contact... knee, ground, foot... stuff like that. Give players softer head protection and they won't use them like guided missiles and you can still protect against most of the inadvertent stuff.

The problem I have with the rule they created is that the runner is always going to lower himself for contact and the defender has to meet or go lower than that level to tackle. But the offensive player has been flagged how many times for lowering his head to initiate contact?

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would of never guessed a Patriots fan to be a beta male cuck but it seems we have one. These guys are paid millions of dollars to play a game that they know the risks of playing. Screw the soft crap, I want my big hits. It is a man's game, by god at like a man.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't lead with their heads, the only thing you're protecting against is accidental contact... knee, ground, foot... stuff like that. Give players softer head protection and they won't use them like guided missiles and you can still protect against most of the inadvertent stuff.

The problem I have with the rule they created is that the runner is always going to lower himself for contact and the defender has to meet or go lower than that level to tackle. But the offensive player has been flagged how many times for lowering his head to initiate contact?

So you want to digress? The artificial turfs of today are like concrete not sure a leather helmet will help much. The pads used are hard plastic vs soft padded leather when helmets were in use, the players are faster, stronger and more athletic then ever, incidental contact will still be pretty severe. I just don't see leather helmets as a viable option.

I have seen a few offensive players get called for lowering the head so it has and will continue to happen. As I stated earlier I can't see this rule going away I think the league will just have to tweek it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would of never guessed a Patriots fan to be a beta male cuck but it seems we have one. These guys are paid millions of dollars to play a game that they know the risks of playing. Screw the soft crap, I want my big hits. It is a man's game, by god at like a man.
And there is always the dumb post that really say's nothing at all nor does it add any value to the conversation.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seeing as this dude cannot express himself without a vulgarity laden speech I think we can just ignore him. If you're not bright enough to speak with some level of education then why would anyone respect any opinion you may have to offer?

He's got 361,000 subscribers on youtube.

How many you got with your proper self?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got 361,000 subscribers on youtube.

How many you got with your proper self?
LMAO What the hell difference does that make? Jesus it just gets dumber and dumber, wait have you been playing without your helmet on?

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO What the hell difference does that make? Jesus it just gets dumber and dumber, wait have you been playing without your helmet on?

Wait... you judging someone based on how they speak and then calling people dumber and dumber..

You Sir are the definition of ... Jackass.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... you judging someone based on how they speak and then calling people dumber and dumber..

You Sir are the definition of ... Jackass.

Well you at least got the Sir right.

That video was not worth watching he could have made his point without all the profanity, then we it got to the point where he just continually regurgitated the same vulgar words coupled with the N word, it just showed how ignorant a man he is. And if you like that it tells me all I need to know about you as well. Youtube Followers LOL

You have a wonderful day.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say just put them in boxing style/type of headgear & call it a day. Then who cares if you lead with a pillow head.
&
It protects from concussions.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone breath.

I think we can all agree the game needs to get rid of the "missle"/"spearing" hit. It does no good for either player involved.
You can still make a BIG hit using your shoulder for all those that say a helmet rule will result in the NFL looking like flag football.

Sources: NFL to revise helmet-rule teaching video

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the rule is there are going to be flags thrown on plays where no helmet to helmet occured. These flags are going to determine outcomes of games. This is not ok. Unless these plays are reviewed then scrap the rule

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well there will be a lot of black helicopter talk this season that's for sure.
As soon as a bad call is called late in the game, fans will be calling the fix is in! (no matter which of the 32 teams it is)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone mentioned how this is going to look as it pertains to the new legalization of betting on the NFL in many states?

Let the sniveling begin.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone mentioned how this is going to look as it pertains to the new legalization of betting on the NFL in many states?

Let the sniveling begin.

At the risk of starting another fight I’ll just say that @handicappers has already consulted his sources and shared information with both myself and @SteelersPride. THAT’S how you hit 78%!! You have the answers before the average bettor asks the questions!!

Btw... the charity golf tournament this past weekend was a blast! @handicappers and his girlfriend treated me like gold and no I did not get laid by his hot Mexican housekeeper but I dare say she’s warming up to me!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of starting another fight I’ll just say that @handicappers has already consulted his sources and shared information with both myself and @SteelersPride. THAT’S how you hit 78%!! You have the answers before the average bettor asks the questions!!

Btw... the charity golf tournament this past weekend was a blast! @handicappers and his girlfriend treated me like gold and no I did not get laid by his hot Mexican housekeeper but I dare say she’s warming up to me!

At the risk of starting another fight, so you nailed his mom then?

So are you saying the fix is already in by his "3rd world" contacts?

OBTW you forgot to mention Handi won the tourney with his scratch golf handicap. Even though he was required to use opposite hand clubs.

Has he helped with extinguishing any of the nations forest fires yet?