• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new helmet rule is dumb

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god. This rule will prove to be worse than the "catch" rule. Why not just play flag football? Goodell is such a dbag

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! It's almost as if he is trying to destroy the game on purpose.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Derski said.

For me personally, all the new safety rules and measures has taken a lot of the fun out of watching football.

But can't blame the league when everywhere they go, left or right, someone is trying to sue them or legislate them over past players whom have suffered specifically brain trauma due to the violent nature of the game.

It's a survival mechanism the sport is having to acquire before it is forced upon them.

Just one of those things in life that I may not like, but I do understand the reason why.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A LOT about the game has changed from when I first started watching with my dad over 40 years ago. Pretty sure it'll survive somehow, but I just don't watch as much as I used to and i hardly recognize it when i do watch.

And yeah, I also can't blame them for trying to mitigate all the lawsuits. It's a stupid proposition, trying to make a contact sport "Safer," but they have little choice.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Derski said.

For me personally, all the new safety rules and measures has taken a lot of the fun out of watching football.

But can't blame the league when everywhere they go, left or right, someone is trying to sue them or legislate them over past players whom have suffered specifically brain trauma due to the violent nature of the game. It's a survival mechanism the sport is having to acquire before it is forced upon them.

Just one of those things in life that I may not like, but I do understand the reason why.

NFL can care less about the integrity of the game, thats the sad part, it’s all about protecting the money as a business from potential future lawsuits... Which like you said makes sense... But here lies the problem, NFL is gonna push this as far as they can as long as people support the product and the money is there... NFL will seriously go to flag football if people will still tune in ...But people won’t, NFL is gonna lose its popularity from this rule, it’s gonna hit the profits big time and then they’ll be forced to go back on it and figure out another way ... I don’t understand why they can’t have players sign a legal document knowing the risks involved, knowing concussions can happen... The game has already been made way safer compared to years past, but the NFL just keeps pushing to see how far they can go...

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! It's almost as if he is trying to destroy the game on purpose.

Well... It's partially the AFC North's fault lol.

giphy.gif

gio2.0.gif

Burfict_hit_brown_1.0.gif

badjuju.0.gif

sportsmanship.0.gif

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I get the feeling it's going to get called heavily in preseason but it'll wind up being one of those rules that are on the books but rarely called when the season rolls around.

All the NFL cares about is the appearance of making the game safer and with ratings dropping I just don't see them really pushing hard a rule that's just going to be widely unpopular with fans.

It's another penalty that makes the game longer and be one that costs teams games but mainly people just hate seeing penalties for what's ultimately unrealistic to ask of defenders in a bang bang situation. It's just tough to stomach watching your team get a 15 yarder when you see a defender with every intention of making a clean hit.

In fact I wouldn't be totally shocked if the rule gets tabled for an excuse like they need more time to refine it before making it a permanent rule.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,948.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree let’s hope they use the preseason to tweak it. We can only hope

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the other night. Haven't seen highlights.

But my opinion is it's ghey. There hasn't been an New rule in football that wasn't ghey since they brought back 2 point conversations.

Football is not good for you physically. Never has been. Was a time when most male occupations weren't. Then the pussies took over. And those are the people these rules are for.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the refs have too much input as it is and it will be subjective, but they need to limit this to the blatant hits. The helmet will be involved in the majority of tackles.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the refs have too much input as it is and it will be subjective, but they need to limit this to the blatant hits. The helmet will be involved in the majority of tackles.
its gonna be an adjustment

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they played without helmets this rule could be eliminated.