• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Deadpool 2.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Fahrenheit 451 (2018) on Netflix.

If you read books then you probably don't see why this should even exist but it seems like this was made for the other 25-50% of the country that doesn't read. The acting is fantastic and I like a futuristic dystopian setting that isn't 75% white people because...future. The setting has some good visuals and Michael B Jordan plays his role about as well as he could.

There are some solid scenes but it really does feel like its about 15 minutes longer than it needs to be and you feel it drag. Its mostly about the two main actors and it takes a bit too long for it to come to its conclusion.

C+
It isn’t on Netflix (unless there is some agreement w HBO I am not aware of). I suspect you saw it on HBO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Quiet Place, F GRADE (re-title to A Stupid Place please)

Terrible movie. It would've been better had it been something like Tremors where these aliens landed and were in an isolated area where cell/phones, etc. could not be used. Course then it'd be an exact rip off of Tremors which was a far better film.

Regardless, the fact a creature with ONLY the sense of sound (which I get is amazing) can kill our military and be a World threat is fucking ridiculous. Our military constantly deploys LRADs and the creatures are clearly able to be killed with bullets, give me a fuckin' break. Sound is probably the easiest sense to manipulate. A group of Knights in the 18th Century could've taken these fuckers down with rocks to distract them and spears. C'mon...

When something on our planet is blind, can't feel vibrations, can't smell anything and is above ground, we generally put it on the disabled list or humanely put it down. I mean the Alien in After Earth was more threatening and that's saying something... even that monster I took pity on and just felt fucking bad for it.

Then the family was stupid as fuck all. So many plotholes all over the place, and Emily Blunt was the most selfish bitch in cinema history. "Oh I want another kid who will cry/scream, etc. and fuck everything up like the last 3 year old who doesn't know any better because we let the 3 year old die! Honey, go save our kids they are your responsibility! I can't believe we screwed up as parents, yet just spawned another screaming crotch trophy!" Uh, you have TWO MORE KIDS TO CARE ABOUT YOU BITCH. Everything was so mind blowingly stupid you just stopped caring. I could barely get through it.

How it wasn't an M Night movie is beyond me, because it had all the stupid shit and concepts with the 'TWIST' that dumbass M Night movies realize.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Quiet Place.

Terrible movie. It would've been better had it been something like Tremors where these aliens landed and were in an isolated area where cell/phones, etc. could not be used. Course then it'd be an exact rip off of Tremors which was a far better film.

Regardless, the fact a creature with ONLY the sense of sound (which I get is amazing) can kill our military and be a World threat is fucking ridiculous. Our military constantly deploys LRADs and the creatures are clearly able to be killed with bullets, give me a fuckin' break. Sound is probably the easiest sense to manipulate. A group of Knights in the 18th Century could've taken these fuckers down with rocks to distract them and spears. C'mon...

Then the family was stupid as fuck all. So many plotholes all over the place, and Emily Blunt was the most selfish bitch in cinema history. "Oh I want another kid who will cry/scream, etc. and fuck everything up like the last 3 year old who doesn't know any better because we let the 3 year old die! Honey, go save our kids they are your responsibility! I can't believe we screwed up as parents, yet just spawned another screaming crotch trophy!" Ugh... 1/10. Could barely get through it.

How it wasn't an M Night movie is beyond me, because it had all the stupid shit and concepts with the 'TWIST' that dumbass M Night movies realize.
i thought the use of sound in the film was amazing, that's what i liked about it. this was one of the few films i watched in the theater in the last few years, but i think the movie came across better for me by doing so.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought the use of sound in the film was amazing, that's what i liked about it. this was one of the few films i watched in the theater in the last few years, but i think the movie came across better for me by doing so.

Hey, great concept, I agree. Tremors did the same thing (vibrations - sound to some degree) but the environment was FAR more believable (first sign of them, isolated from help) and the character interactions were FAR more logical and practical.

I kept thinking at some point it was going to be like the Hunger Games or Maze Runner. All these families got thrown in a biodome or something and if you weren't a complete moron you'd easily survive 2-3 years and be released into the World due to overpopulation. But these morons made completely dumb decisions and it was Darwinism.

"The Abbott's died, Commander." "Okay, how is everyone else doing?" "Oh everyone else is alive and well." "Cool." "Ooooh, wait, some dumb bitch decided to get pregnant again!" "Hey Tim, check this family out over here.. they are 1/2 mile away from a giant machine that constantly runs making noise, and they're staying in a meadow!"

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, great concept, I agree. Tremors did the same thing (vibrations - sound to some degree) but the environment was FAR more believable (first sign of them, isolated from help) and the character interactions were FAR more logical and practical.
i mean the actual audio of the film, whatever they piped in when you were watching from the deaf girls perspective worked on me.

having seen every tremors movie, all i can think about is the other movies and the way that franchise went to completely ridiculousness. but even then, burt gummer? entertaining as hell, but the movie was not more believable.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean the actual audio of the film, whatever they piped in when you were watching from the deaf girls perspective worked on me.

having seen every tremors movie, all i can think about is the other movies and the way that franchise went to completely ridiculousness. but even then, burt gummer? entertaining as hell, but the movie was not more believable.

Talking about the 1st one. If you think A Quiet Place was more believable or on par believable with Tremors you've lost your fucking mind.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the 1st one. If you think A Quiet Place was more believable or on par believable with Tremors you've lost your fucking mind.
I know you're talking about the first, but outside of gummer, just about every character outside of the seismologist was a bit of a caricature. if we're talking about the baddies... meh, we're comparing aliens vs. a dormant species that suddenly reappeared? again, i'm looking at this movie from a horror stand point, and specifically the use of sound in the movie was great for me, made me feel uneasy at the start of the movie. i'm a fan of both movies, but view them in very different ways.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When something on our planet is blind, can't feel vibrations, can't smell anything and is above ground, we generally put it on the disabled list or humanely put it down. I mean the Alien in After Earth was more threatening and that's saying something... even that monster I took pity on and just felt fucking bad for it.

Then the family was stupid as fuck all. So many plotholes all over the place, and Emily Blunt was the most selfish bitch in cinema history. "Oh I want another kid who will cry/scream, etc. and fuck everything up like the last 3 year old who doesn't know any better because we let the 3 year old die! Honey, go save our kids they are your responsibility! I can't believe we screwed up as parents, yet just spawned another screaming crotch trophy!" Uh, you have TWO MORE KIDS TO CARE ABOUT YOU BITCH. Everything was so mind blowingly stupid you just stopped caring. I could barely get through it.

I haven't even seen the movie yet, but I wanted to give this review not only a winner but a huge LOL as well, because it was so damned funny. And if A Quiet Place is anything like most (yeah, I said most, not all) M Night Shamalama DingDong movies, I'll have to agree.

Guess I'll have to watch it now. ;)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't even seen the movie yet, but I wanted to give this review not only a winner but a huge LOL as well, because it was so damned funny. And if A Quiet Place is anything like most (yeah, I said most, not all) M Night Shamalama DingDong movies, I'll have to agree.

Guess I'll have to watch it now. ;)

Yah well make sure you get high or drunk or something before you start... or show it to a coma patient and you'll probably be the hero of the night when they 'resurrect' and run screaming down the hall in terror of how terrible it is.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. The internet has jumped the...shark... on a bicycle.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched about half of Professor Marston and the Wonder Women.

A strong voyeur quality to it but its a bit like watching the Family Guy spoof of British pron. None of the characters are particularly likable and that really hurts a movie about unconventional relationships. The whole thing comes off as a Charismatic Perve, a snarky and mean Woman (I'd go as far to use the B word) and a young student do experiments about submission until they figure out they love each other.

There is a scene with a bunch of young nuns(?) and paddling and its cut in a way to make it look and sound very sexual but it all felt very tame and forced. The whole thing is very confessional. Everyone is way too open about everything but its all done like an interview. It started to feel like a boring fetish project and I didn't even know that was possible.

I think I'm just going to rate it N/A because its not for me. You would assume a romance about 3 people (with 3 relationships) would feel less like an interview process.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kinda liked it, but I definitely understand the criticism. I was told going into it to kind of put on “the gremlins blinders” and just kind of go with it though. So maybe that’s part of it. Was way more intense that I anticipated. Pretty good start of major movie directing gig by Jim from The office IMO.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got around to watch Upgraded today and was definitely better than I anticipated. For some reason I just wasn’t that into the trailer given that it looked very similar to The Venom trailer (Especially that it starred Budget Tom Hardy). But was definitely worth a watch.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag (2018)

Based off a real-life game of tag a group of friends have been playing for 30 years. Good premise and decent execution of said premise. It's generally funny throughout, and never really slows down. It certainly isn't in Wedding Crashers or The Hangover territory, but it's in the same vein as them, especially when you bring in Ed Helms and Isla Fisher - both of whom are made for these type of movies. A good ensemble cast and better-than-expected ending.

B