• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The last 60 or so

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pirates came to town on a hot streak and burned the Reds pitching.

The Cardinals have good starting pitching, but that offense is mediocre. Castillo, Homer, and Romano all had strong outings against the Cards, but I'm not sure if it was good pitching or a lousy Cards offense. The 3rd game of the series was marred by terrible fundamental defense by the Reds and the Cards still struggled to score.

The Phillies have the 5th best team ERA in the NL, but are 10th in scoring. So on paper it sets up to be a lot like the Cardinals series.

The 1st game features a Phillies SP making his MLB debut, hopefully the Reds can get a hit before the 7th inning.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitches making there MLB debut against the Reds most of the time do very well. It's sort of on the Reds DNA. Hopefully tonights game will break away from that.

The last time we played them their young players pounded the Reds. A lot of MLB 1st , 1st hit 1st HR, 1st grand slam. They have been around the league now, so I hope the Reds have studied the book on them.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can keep the Phillies in the ball park they don't score much. The sad part is we can say that about most teams today.

Suarez has homered in 5 straight games and people talk like he's on fire, but those have been his only hits since the 1st game in the Pirates series. He's batting .192 the last 7 games.

It's a good example of how a players performance is viewed today. If a prospect doesn't have power, he's often graded below average despite having up to three above average tools.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Harvey pitches today. If he lays another egg on the mound I'd think interest in him would plummet.

I'm not sure how high the interest is even if he pitches well. I'm sure there's a level of interest, but maybe not enough to get a solid return.

I don't see any reason to trade the guy if the return isn't worth the time filling out the paperwork.

We'll see.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winker being out for the season is a shocker. I thought maybe he would go on the 10 day DL., but season ending surgery WOW. Garrett hurt his foot last night, they say it's day to day, but thats also what they said about Winker. Duvall and Hamilton have there below 200 form. and now they will be in there pretty much every day.
And with the starting Pitching starting to tank. My excitement is starting to fade quickly.