• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Lakers, Spurs, Leonard, DeRozan, and the idiot Raptors

Who is the real winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of a single guard who has ever stuck in the league with a 50% FT percentage.

Can you think of one that shot that and had Lonzo's other skills? I can't.

There will always be a place in the league for a guy with his passing, court vision and ability to rebound his position. Plus, he's a good defender.

But, as I said, if that happens, he'll be a career backup and considered a bust.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. The era of letting young kids develop into something has ended and now those kids will be expected to step up. It will be interesting to see which ones do and don't.

I'm really excited to see how the bold plays out. So far, from what I've seen and heard, it looks like they are taking it seriously and putting in the work.

Once they get on the floor and start playing games, we'll see which ones really are.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors got LeBron out of their conference and added Kawhi to their team.

That's an amazing win for them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lonzo doesn't improve his shooting he will be out of the league in 4 years. You CANNOT shoot sub-50% from the stripe in the NBA especially as a guard.

What don't you understand about 1.4 attempts per game? 60+% from the line as a freshman in college? Just watch, he'll revert to something much closer to his college percentage.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fixation on shooting and scoring for PGs? Lonzo was better than both across the board in every other category (other than MCW with steals).

Oh, and Lonzo shits all over Rozier.
Lmfao

Did you really ask WHY the fixation?

Dude, come on....

He shoots worse than Deandre Jordan in a league that values that particular skill increasingly.

You are just being contrarian about Rozier.....lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he'll be out of the league, he does too many other things well. But it will turn him into a career backup which, considering where he was drafted, would also make him a bust.
Yes.....

And seriously, this whole debate is annoying the piss out of me.

I am a Lonzo fan.

Been a fan before he played his first game in Westwood.

I'm done because it's feeling too anti-Lonzo for my Bruins bias.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What don't you understand about 1.4 attempts per game? 60+% from the line as a freshman in college? Just watch, he'll revert to something much closer to his college percentage.
He's not in College.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lonzo doesn't improve his shooting he will be out of the league in 4 years. You CANNOT shoot sub-50% from the stripe in the NBA especially as a guard.

He won't take a outside shot because he isn't good at it.

He won't drive to the basket because he can't hit a foul shot.

That's a problem.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they move the free throw stripe? Make the college window opaque? It's the same shot, just needs more in-game repetition.
That would explain why he can't make one, so maybe?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

Did you really ask WHY the fixation?

Dude, come on....

He shoots worse than Deandre Jordan in a league that values that particular skill increasingly.

You are just being contrarian about Rozier.....lol

Rozier was 24 before he started a game and played under any pressure and we're lauding him over a 20 year old Ball? It's not like he shot the lights out as a starter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't take a outside shot because he isn't good at it.

He won't drive to the basket because he can't hit a foul shot.

That's a problem.

He doesn't look for his own shot as a distributing PG. Maybe that changes with Lebron in the fold and a year under his belt.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier was 24 before he started a game and played under any pressure and we're lauding him over a 20 year old Ball? It's not like he shot the lights out as a starter.
Dude....

See, this is what happens when you decide to be Captain Save a Ho or Rescue Ronnie.

You jump ass first into a conversation not even knowing the context.

The post that started it all said that some of the Celtics bench guys are better than some of the Lakers starters.

If you would have bothered to read, you would have seen that almost everyone agreed Rozier is CURRENTLY better because he is a 3rd year guy that's 4 years older.

But, Lonzo has a higher ceiling.

But, you didn't bother which is why you are talking out your ass right now...lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He very well could. I'm not trying to predict what sort of player Lonzo Ball will become. I have no idea.

You have a tendency to hand wave away any problems that any Lakers players have had. Lonzo Ball was a bad shooter last year. Arguably the worst starting shooter in the NBA. That is empirical fact. He may get much better this year. In fact, I suspect that he will get better. How much better remains to be seen.

Given his style of play he needs to get to league average from the perimeter. Or he needs to change his style of play.

FTR, Lonzo's college stats don't really matter anymore. Just like Markelle Fultz's college stats don't really matter. They both were poor shooters last year. Markelle decided to blow up his entire shot and rebuild it. I haven't heard what Lonzo is doing which isn't surprising since I don't know what most players are doing. But I would be surprised if he is blowing up his shot. We'll see how the 2 of them perform this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude....

See, this is what happens when you decide to be Captain Save a Ho or Rescue Ronnie.

You jump ass first into a conversation not even knowing the context.

The post that started it all said that some of the Celtics bench guys are better than some of the Lakers starters.

If you would have bothered to read, you would have seen that almost everyone agreed Rozier is CURRENTLY better because he is a 3rd year guy that's 4 years older.

But, Lonzo has a higher ceiling.

But, you didn't bother which is why you are talking out your ass right now...lol

No, I don't think he's better right now either.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He very well could. I'm not trying to predict what sort of player Lonzo Ball will become. I have no idea.

You have a tendency to hand wave away any problems that any Lakers players have had. Lonzo Ball was a bad shooter last year. Arguably the worst starting shooter in the NBA. That is empirical fact. He may get much better this year. In fact, I suspect that he will get better. How much better remains to be seen.

Given his style of play he needs to get to league average from the perimeter. Or he needs to change his style of play.

FTR, Lonzo's college stats don't really matter anymore. Just like Markelle Fultz's college stats don't really matter. They both were poor shooters last year. Markelle decided to blow up his entire shot and rebuild it. I haven't heard what Lonzo is doing which isn't surprising since I don't know what most players are doing. But I would be surprised if he is blowing up his shot. We'll see how the 2 of them perform this year.

Free throw percentages are easily projectable from college. Nothing changes and it's an unchallenged shot. It's about confidence in your stroke (and endurance later in the game).

Did Markelle really blow up his shot, or just try to get back to his old shot, as his form had degenerated from trying to play with his injury?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think he's better right now either.
Okay....fair enough.

But, imo.....

It's like you saying Ed Davis is better than Tobias Harris because points and shooting doesn't matter.

* blatant exaggeration*

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

at least Fultz is a great athlete that can get to the rim.

The mid-range game and post game are mostly dead in the NBA. Guards usually score 1 of 2 ways--- getting to the rim in the pick and roll, or shooting the ball from the outside- maybe off a drive and kick.

Like Sexton on the Cavs for example- like many guys coming into the league he has to work on his 3 pt shot---- but his first step is amazing and he can get to the rim like an animal. Or you have the guys who can shoot, but cant get to the rim since they dont ahve the athleticism. Ball has neither. His first step is slow and hes not a great athlete- and he cant shoot. that is kind of debilitating. Now of course he can improve he is a very young guy--- but you have to ahve some kind of skill set to keep the defense honest and he just doesnt at this point.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free throw percentages are easily projectable from college. Nothing changes and it's an unchallenged shot. It's about confidence in your stroke (and endurance later in the game).

The problem is that Lonzo Ball only shot 98 free throw attempts in college. That's a pretty small sample size. One hot/cold streak could really alter the percentage.

Did Markelle really blow up his shot, or just try to get back to his old shot, as his form had degenerated from trying to play with his injury?

From everything I have read, he blew up his entire shot. Drew Hanlen has broken down his shot completely and rebuilt it, at least according to Drew Hanlen.