• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Hoiberg effect on the bulls

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, looking ahead to Oklahoma city on Thursday much? That effort was embarassing.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently practice yesterday was like a high school team that just got beat by a JV team. I guess we see how the bulls take the Thibbs side of Hoiberg tonight.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up 130 to Charlotte is concerning.

I hope we don't have a good offense and bad defense. I liked THibs and how he coached defense, but that was about it.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-0 in overtime is also.

Is Derrick going to just be unstoppable on national broadcasts?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching a starting lineup of only 1 guy playing d (butler) is driving me fucking crazy. especially when rose shows up 20% of the time and niko cant create shit on his own. id dare him to drive through traffic because he is a turnover waiting to happen

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Niko ended up with 20 and 10, rose only 12, but at least they put the no win sixers away.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
three straight losses, defensive personnel changes for late possessions is not working.

I think you can leave Jo in on offense as long as you tell him not to shoot the basketball other than a put back because there are no offensive boards left in the game. He can pass, he can set screens, he can get to the glass. I think its time to stick with 5 in the fourth and let them play.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boom boom off goes the mask. Guess Derrick was thinking too much. Dont know if the bulls beat the Clippers or if the clippers beat themselves, terrible shooting night, would be nice to credit the defense to holding them to 80. Chris Paul flails his legs every shot. It was nice to hear the reggie miller admitted he would be broke if they called that an offensive foul when he played.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, Jimmy makes a comment about Hoiberg not being hard enough on the team in practices and it all blows up on Yoohoo. After terrible player management for 4 overtimes, they leave Gasol in Chicago for the trip to new york to let him rest, then get embarrassed by the knicks. Now you see people thinking this was a bad idea not changing enough of the players for Hoiberg. Garpax will be paying for this stupid idea about winning with the same players without Thibbs.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, Jimmy makes a comment about Hoiberg not being hard enough on the team in practices and it all blows up on Yoohoo. After terrible player management for 4 overtimes, they leave Gasol in Chicago for the trip to new york to let him rest, then get embarrassed by the knicks. Now you see people thinking this was a bad idea not changing enough of the players for Hoiberg. Garpax will be paying for this stupid idea about winning with the same players without Thibbs.
Give it some time, man. This team may not mesh well right now with hoiberg, but it's no reason for the GM to sell all the players for pennies on the dollar. The season is still young and the Bulls look like they will make the playoffs. At least give it until the trade deadline where good players actually become more available.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, a nice win streak with an injured rose, then back to a losing streak against teams they should beat.

I dont know man, this whole team seems to be wondering about Rose. Saw alot of one on one play against John Wall again. Hits a wild shot and didnt even look like his team mates even acknowledged him. Jimmy hits that shot and they swarm him with high fives. Then last night he leaves with tendanitis and cant even stay on the bench to support his team. Never really noticed til that washington game, even though he usually plays alot of 1 on 1 against the top point guards.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, a nice win streak with an injured rose, then back to a losing streak against teams they should beat.

I dont know man, this whole team seems to be wondering about Rose. Saw alot of one on one play against John Wall again. Hits a wild shot and didnt even look like his team mates even acknowledged him. Jimmy hits that shot and they swarm him with high fives. Then last night he leaves with tendanitis and cant even stay on the bench to support his team. Never really noticed til that washington game, even though he usually plays alot of 1 on 1 against the top point guards.
Yeah, I don't think Rose is the PG this team needs. We now need more a ball distributor and Rose is a scorer. It worked when he was healthy and we had nobody else but defenders, Boozer, and Lou, but now we have more good scorers and shooters that need a PG to set them up. However, Roses contract isn't very tradable at the moment so we are stuck with him. I still think hoiberg can impress with this team. Its not about what are they doing now, it's about what they are going to do in the playoffs.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy went off last night, why they needed it against Philly is mindboggling, but Fred channeled thibbs and benched the non producers. Team does look better without Pau until they stand and watch Jimmy make Jordanesque shots. Now they get the Mavs at home with a worn out jimmy. I just wish he kept this bench moving, with portis and moore getting some minutes at least.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..................then rose returns and Jimmy seems to want no part of playing with him.

this is getting old quick. Probably one of the top 5 guard tandems in the league when healthy and they just will not get along. I know Rose has an un tradeable contract, but that just means you gotta take back a big money flop that does not fit and wont play in return doesn't it? What about Dwight Howard?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok..............

Seems like Fred, Derrick and Jimmy locked themselves in a room to has out the perceived problems. I guess they were real then. Maybe they are forced to buddy up over the long road trip. Evidence of something being worked out were some actual lobs a point guard threw to the teams best player. If derrick can find a mid speed, where he is still faster than most, instead of coming back from injury and going 1000 mph, he might stay on the court and they might work out like all the fans hope for.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure need some overtime work, this one on one crap is not winning OT games.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if we still have a d league team or just waiting for this new one? With Noah, Butler, Mirotic out a month or more, Derrick basically day to day, isn't there an option to get bodies here?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we not freak out over Hoiberg? Jesus...

Guy is still running out Thibs guys, that don't even fit his system.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont think so, these players are Garpax' guys. Thibbs just did not play who he did not like. They were supposedly players that were not all for Thibbs system, but expected to do well in Hoibergs.. Pretty sure the roster was part of the decision to bring Hoiberg in.

Thats what I mean if this trap year of expecting Hoiberg to do better with basically the same roster would show that Thibbs should have done it Garpax' way.