• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Good, The Bad and The Ug

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two down, two to go. Two home, now two on the road.

Panthers and Giants remain.

The Patriots have 88 players on the 90 man roster. The NFl used to demand a cut down to 75 before the third game but don't require rosters to be shaved until after the third game.

After watching and re-watching the first two games (watching the Eagles game for the 3rd time right now)
I thin I'm starting to have some favorites and some rejects.

And I do have a serious bitch. Gilislee and Crossen are both wearing 25. Webb and Jomal Wiltz are both wearing 22. C'mon Bill you've got 101 numbers they can wear. I hate seeing pros without their own number.

Below are my 53 as of Week 2.

QB Brady is a keeper of course. If I was BB, Hoyer would be gone yesterday. BB is only keeping him around to remind us of JG. Etling in my eyes is a keeper. A year or two more with TB and he'll be ready.

RB James White, Jeremy Hill, Rex Burkhead if he can stay healthy for more than a week, Ralph Webb. Gilislee just doesn't have it. Michel might come back, might. Next to White, Bolden has been excellent.
I'm honestly torn between Devlin and Poggi at FB.

WR Patterson, Dorsett, Hogan and Lucien. McCarron looks like the Returner. Slater is a repeat All-Pro. Britt and Berrios can't get on the field. Edelman will be back Week 5. where the hell is this Paul Turner guy?

OT Turner, Waddle, Tobin and Ulrick. Cannon if he's 100% and no less. Wynn is gone.
OG Thuney, Mason, Karras and Shwenke
C Andrews and Bowanko

DE Wise, Rivers, Grissom, Guy and Flowers
DT Claiborn, Shelton, Butler and Brown

LB Hightower, Van Noy, Bently, Sam, Flowers and King (ST)

CB Gilmore, JC Jackson, Dawson, Rowe
S D. McCourty, Chung, Harmon and Pleasant

LS Cardona
K Ghostkowski
P Allene

I hate to cut guys that I've really started to like but some of them just get dinged up too often and There are some really sharp newbies out there who are not backing off.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine keeping Etling over Hoyer at this point, I just don't see it.

I agree Gillislee can take a walk cause he damn sure can't take a run. Ralph IMO will get practice squad assignment although I think they take a long hard look at him preseason game 4. He did a much better job sticking his blocks vs rubbing off them this week.

Jason McCourty can get the axe IMO he's shown me nothing other than how to get burned and not be around fire.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots have 88 players on the 90 man roster. The NFl used to demand a cut down to 75 before the third game but don't require rosters to be shaved until after the third game.

After watching and re-watching the first two games (watching the Eagles game for the 3rd time right now)

And I do have a serious bitch. Gilislee and Crossen are both wearing 25. Webb and Jomal Wiltz are both wearing 22. C'mon Bill you've got 101 numbers they can wear. I hate seeing pros without their own number.

QB Brady is a keeper of course. If I was BB, Hoyer would be gone yesterday. BB is only keeping him around to remind us of JG. Etling in my eyes is a keeper. A year or two more with TB and he'll be ready.

RB James White, Jeremy Hill, Rex Burkhead if he can stay healthy for more than a week, Ralph Webb. Gilislee just doesn't have it. Michel might come back, might. Next to White, Bolden has been excellent.

WR Patterson, Dorsett, Hogan and Lucien. McCarron looks like the Returner. Slater is a repeat All-Pro. Britt and Berrios can't get on the field. Edelman will be back Week 5. where the hell is this Paul Turner guy?

OT Turner, Waddle, Tobin and Ulrick. Cannon if he's 100% and no less. Wynn is gone.
C Andrews and Bowanko

LS Cardona
K Ghostkowski
P Allene

I hate to cut guys that I've really started to like but some of them just get dinged up too often and There are some really sharp newbies out there who are not backing off.

No Trent Brown???

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C Andrews and Bowanko

LS Cardona
K Ghostkowski
P Allene

Wynn is not gone. IRed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to 2018-19

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine keeping Etling over Hoyer at this point, I just don't see it.

I agree Gillislee can take a walk cause he damn sure can't take a run. Ralph IMO will get practice squad assignment although I think they take a long hard look at him preseason game 4. He did a much better job sticking his blocks vs rubbing off them this week.

Jason McCourty can get the axe IMO he's shown me nothing other than how to get burned and not be around fire.
Etling possible PS as well?

Totally agree let Gillislee and J. Mac go. If they still need space get rid of Bolden. Yes I know he had a good game late this week but he primarily is a ST guy. NE already enough ST guys. Of course unless BB sees something he needs Bolden for with the new kick off rules:noidea:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Etling possible PS as well?

Totally agree let Gillislee and J. Mac go. If they still need space get rid of Bolden. Yes I know he had a good game late this week but he primarily is a ST guy. NE already enough ST guys. Of course unless BB sees something he needs Bolden for with the new kick off rules:noidea:

I think they keep Bolden, BB seems to like him a lot, he's a selfless player and I think that goes a long way.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they keep Bolden, BB seems to like him a lot, he's a selfless player and I think that goes a long way.
Oh I agree. He'll be on the 53 and s45 dressed. I just don't care for it. I think there are better options out there that can contribute in other areas is all.

In BB we trust it's worked pretty good so far. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it or like it:gaah:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versitility. Remember that word, versitility.

Bolden can do several things. Special teams, running back AND he can catch the ball. He's under 30 and being able to do the things he does is worth the spot he takes on the roster. Oh yeah, he's also on the coverage ST too. He can tackle, but he's normally a gunner so two guys are generally defending him.

Etling is raw but, I see much more in him that Hoyer. We'll see him next week in the last preseason game against the Giants unless BB decides to use him in the fourth quarter against the panthers. This week is the real dress rehersal for the guys who are on the bubble. Either you keep the bubble floating or it bursts like a nasty fart.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versitility. Remember that word, versitility.

Bolden can do several things. Special teams, running back AND he can catch the ball. He's under 30 and being able to do the things he does is worth the spot he takes on the roster. Oh yeah, he's also on the coverage ST too. He can tackle, but he's normally a gunner so two guys are generally defending him.

Etling is raw but, I see much more in him that Hoyer. We'll see him next week in the last preseason game against the Giants unless BB decides to use him in the fourth quarter against the panthers. This week is the real dress rehersal for the guys who are on the bubble. Either you keep the bubble floating or it bursts like a nasty fart.

I get versatility almost every ST player is versatile or they wouldn't be on the squad. Bolden does very little more then STs same with Slater and to a lesser extent Ebner. Last year when all the WRs were going down NE was scrambling because BB keeps guys like Slater, Ebner and Bolden on the roster instead of a player who can actually take some snaps besides garbage time or whenever one else is injured. I'm all for keeping one maybe two but not three spots after LS, K, P.

My point would be say it came down to Sony Michel and Bolden for one last spot who you going to keep? I'm making an assumption Michel can play STs and produce out of the backfield.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point would be say it came down to Sony Michel and Bolden for one last spot who you going to keep? I'm making an assumption Michel can play STs and produce out of the backfield.

Will Sony ever be able to walk, let alone play professional football. Right now with Michel, it's what he "might" be able to do. At least with Bolden, your deal a "known".

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Sony ever be able to walk, let alone play professional football. Right now with Michel, it's what he "might" be able to do. At least with Bolden, your deal a "known".

I think if it were that bad we would know more by now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If what we're hearing it was a meniscus it shouldn't be a huge deal.
Naturally I'm not saying you put a guy who couldn't play on the roster above a healthy. Come on Man

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if it were that bad we would know more by now.

Right now they're saying 6-8 weeks.That puts the timeline somewhere around Sunday October 14th. Allow for at least two weeks of practice and he might play the first week of November. Week 9 or 10.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they're saying 6-8 weeks.That puts the timeline somewhere around Sunday October 14th. Allow for at least two weeks of practice and he might play the first week of November. Week 9 or 10.
Well, we'll see.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or, see Malcolm Mitchell, he will not play this year.