• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fall in love with certain guys, but I never stay committed if I see greener pastures

Hope it works out for you. At the very least you can hold your head high for getting a reasonable trade out of him. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relatively small one between Lefty and Monkey. Lefty sends P. Rivers and the 3.9 for M. Stafford.

@SmokingMonkey - pleasure as always!!!! ... :suds:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relatively small one between Lefty and Monkey. Lefty sends P. Rivers and the 3.9 for M. Stafford.

@SmokingMonkey - pleasure as always!!!! ... :suds:

buys you a couple extra seasons to find a QB and like we discussed (if Dak can't get back on track), and really a wash on my end but adding a 3rd round pick.

3rd round pick....that should be worth Zeke, right?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...there aren't 4 QB's supposedly worthy of top 5 picks that most everyone says teams HAVE to draft? Wonder why we aren't excited about any of them....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit it the draft date on Fantrax official? Hope not, I’d like it some time soon after the NFL draft.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be until sometime in July. I absolutely hated it last year in D1 when half of the free agents weren't even signed yet and we had the draft. I know you would like it earlier, but it's just not going to happen here. I'd have a really hard time getting the other guys together before that anyway. I'm about 95% sure I'm going to do a slow draft with a 24 hour clock to give people a chance to trade for draft picks in between picks. Never done it before, but I think it makes sense in dynasty since there is so much draft pick trading that's possible. I just don't think it's feasible to do a 5 or even a 10 minutes clock for a live draft and #1 keep everybody's interest that long and #2 that's still not going to be enough time to try and make trades.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be until sometime in July. I absolutely hated it last year in D1 when half of the free agents weren't even signed yet and we had the draft. I know you would like it earlier, but it's just not going to happen here. I'd have a really hard time getting the other guys together before that anyway. I'm about 95% sure I'm going to do a slow draft with a 24 hour clock to give people a chance to trade for draft picks in between picks. Never done it before, but I think it makes sense in dynasty since there is so much draft pick trading that's possible. I just don't think it's feasible to do a 5 or even a 10 minutes clock for a live draft and #1 keep everybody's interest that long and #2 that's still not going to be enough time to try and make trades.
smart move IMHO, but I will admit, it'll be tough to wait!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit
I have a couple of questions regarding the draft - Reference your email statement (".... I've expanded the maximum roster size to 29 and it will stay that way until September 1st when the maximum roster size will go back to 24 with 3 allowable IR slots. With that being said, if you plan on making all 5 of your draft picks, you might need to drop some people before the draft.")
1. The bold portion seems to imply that you must have open roster spots prior to the draft in order to make a pick. So, the drop and draft option will not be allowed during the draft? Just wondering since it could make a big difference in how one approaches 'during the draft' trades for picks and/or players as well as roster moves leading to the draft.
2. Thinking this one may have already been answered but forgot. In order for a player to be placed in an IR spot they must be team/NFL officially on IR or the PUP list is that correct ?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit

2. Thinking this one may have already been answered but forgot. In order for a player to be placed in an IR spot they must be team/NFL officially on IR or the PUP list is that correct ?

correct - have to be designated IR in real life (I asked the same question after drafting Enunwa last yr)

and I agree with you on the draft/roster size, if we have a 24hr clock, we should be able to make the drop during the draft, but I understand system limitations can prevent something from being that easy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct - have to be designated IR in real life (I asked the same question after drafting Enunwa last yr)

and I agree with you on the draft/roster size, if we have a 24hr clock, we should be able to make the drop during the draft, but I understand system limitations can prevent something from being that easy.
If we're doing the slow draft as he hopes, the only limitations would be how much he wants to have to input manually afterwards

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're doing the slow draft as he hopes, the only limitations would be how much he wants to have to input manually afterwards

I assumed slow draft via Fantrax, or are we talking about slow draft via email?

ok @Bandit, stop working and answer all of our questions, lol

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow draft via Fantrax. They have the option for a 24 hour clock and they will actually send an email to the person that is on the clock and the person that is on deck, although my plan is to actually set up a group text for the league and send out who is on the clock and who is on deck after each pick so everybody is aware.

I put that statement about dropping people before the draft when I was still going to do a conventional draft, so as long as Fantrax allows it, yes you can just drop guys during the draft. I honestly have no idea if you can make roster changes once the draft starts as I'm pretty sure none of us have tried before, so that's probably going to be something we'll have to figure out together. I'm guessing that even if it won't let you do drops during the draft that I as the commissioner would be able to do it, but we'll just have to see.

And yes, as Monkey said the player has to be on NFL IR/PUP list to be put in that spot.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put that statement about dropping people before the draft when I was still going to do a conventional draft, so as long as Fantrax allows it, yes you can just drop guys during the draft. I honestly have no idea if you can make roster changes once the draft starts as I'm pretty sure none of us have tried before, so that's probably going to be something we'll have to figure out together. I'm guessing that even if it won't let you do drops during the draft that I as the commissioner would be able to do it, but we'll just have to see.

ticket submitted with fantrax, I should have an answer for us shortly and share

will definitely say this, learning A LOT for setting up a dynasty league by participating in this one.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Brett from Fantrax, their site will auto-skip anyone's pick if they have a full roster.

so looks like we need to make cuts before the draft, which does make sense (to me anyway) so then other owners can draft those FAs instead of rookies, and know who's available before the actual draft.

and i still vote for the 24hr draft clock tho, to facilitate trades, or at least a 12hr clock with intermission overnight (which is possible thru fantrax)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Brett from Fantrax, their site will auto-skip anyone's pick if they have a full roster.

so looks like we need to make cuts before the draft, which does make sense (to me anyway) so then other owners can draft those FAs instead of rookies, and know who's available before the actual draft.

and i still vote for the 24hr draft clock tho, to facilitate trades, or at least a 12hr clock with intermission overnight (which is possible thru fantrax)

Yeah I considered the 12 hour with the intermission, but just figured it would be easier to do 24 and not worry about the intermission. So in order to make a pick you'll need to have at least one open roster spot. That makes sense, but that still doesn't answer whether you can drop guys during the draft. I mean everybody will probably have at least 2 open spots at the beginning of the draft, but will they be able to drop somebody once the draft has started in order to make more picks is the big question. It sounds like once you are on the clock you would need to have an open roster spot in order to make your pick or Fantrax is going to automatically skip it. So I guess the two things we really need to know are if teams are allowed to drop players once the draft has started and if teams are allowed to trade draft picks once the draft has started in the Fantrax system. I didn't even think about the draft picks being traded during the draft, because if their system doesn't allow that for a team, they might not even allow it as a commissioner. I know in ESPN once the draft is started you can't change the draft picks unless you reset the entire draft. If their system doesn't allow draft picks to be traded once the draft has started, I'm going to have to keep track of any trades manually. For instance, let's just say that Harold trades his 2nd pick to Treff for his 3rd pick and next year's 1st. Harold might have to just go ahead and make Treff's pick at 2, Treff would have to make Harold's pick at 3 and then once the draft is over you would have to make the trade then. I hope to God that's not the case, but I could definitely see that as a possibility.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully Brett hasn't punched out for the day - replied and asked about dropping players during the draft when you aren't on the clock, as well as trading draft picks after draft has begun