• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2018 NFL Draft Thread

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are quick to assume Denver is going to draft a QB but I don't see it happening. Not only did they sign Keenum, but they still have Lynch, Simien, and also Chad Kelly on the roster. IMO Kelly might be the most talented of the entire group, so grabbing yet another QB when there are other bigger needs doesn't make sense.

The other horses in the stalls are lame and should be taken out to pasture and shot....lol

Seriously, Simien they are trying to move...Chad Kelly might be better than Lynch, but Idk if he's a starter at this level....imo he's not. Keenum is going to get every chance to be the man, but idk if I would pass totally on a QB...I do tend to agree that #5 should land a plug and play starter at another position.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, the Browns record of picking QBs in the first round even #1 overall picks is abysmal at best.

That history of 2 picks, one in 1954 and one in 1999? Bobby Garrett never played for the Browns, was traded to the Pack. So, that history is actually one pick, Tim Couch. Couch was decent until the injuries piled up, but in retrospect they obviously should've gone with McNabb or Culpepper (the rest of the QBs in that draft were journeymen at best).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree the Giants aren’t looking at a QB, most definitely. That leaves the #3 pick, Colts or whoever they trade the pick to. If it’s the Bills it’s probably Rosen. I haven’t heard anything about the Browns even looking at Rosen honestly. It’s been Darnold, Mayfield and Allen but which one is it. I’m sure they have a number one guy but why is it a huge risk to wait till #4 to take the guy? They could have a really good chance of getting their QB and Barkley. I highly doubt they go Barkley at 1 though.

I was agreeing up until that last sentence in bold. NYG...we think that's the case, but don't really know that yet. I think they really want Barkley which is why I think CLE is going to take him #1.

I think there's no way to get Barkley and QB if they take QB with #1.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree the Giants aren’t looking at a QB, most definitely. That leaves the #3 pick, Colts or whoever they trade the pick to. If it’s the Bills it’s probably Rosen. I haven’t heard anything about the Browns even looking at Rosen honestly. It’s been Darnold, Mayfield and Allen but which one is it. I’m sure they have a number one guy but why is it a huge risk to wait till #4 to take the guy? They could have a really good chance of getting their QB and Barkley. I highly doubt they go Barkley at 1 though.
I think we're looking at:

1. Browns - Darnold
2. Bills - Rosen
3. Colts - Barkley
4. Browns - ???? Ward maybe

or

1. Browns - Barkley
2. Bills - Rosen/Darnold
3. Jets - Rosen/Darnold
4. Browns - Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was agreeing up until that last sentence in bold. NYG...we think that's the case, but don't really know that yet. I think they really want Barkley which is why I think CLE is going to take him #1.

Well I meant getting their #1 QB at 4 AND Barkley at 1 in this scenario

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're looking at:

1. Browns - Darnold
2. Bills - Rosen
3. Colts - Barkley
4. Browns - ???? Ward maybe

or

1. Browns - Barkley
2. Bills - Rosen/Darnold
3. Jets - Rosen/Darnold
4. Browns - Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield

We could very well see two teams trade up, probaby why the Browns will get their QB at 1

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That history of 2 picks, one in 1954 and one in 1999? Bobby Garrett never played for the Browns, was traded to the Pack. So, that history is actually one pick, Tim Couch. Couch was decent until the injuries piled up, but in retrospect they obviously should've gone with McNabb or Culpepper (the rest of the QBs in that draft were journeymen at best).
I said 1st round not just #1 overall. Quinn ring a bell for you?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 1st round not just #1 overall. Quinn ring a bell for you?

That part is obvious and was addressed in my original post. 1st round, draft, free agent, anything QB has been a mess for the Browns basically since Kosar. You don't even have to go back to Quinn. Johnny Manziel anyone?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 4 looks to be 3 QBs and Barkley probably.

Denver is a wildcard. My guess is that they stick with Keenum and continue to develop Lynch but they could also give up on Lynch.

Arizona might trade up for the 4th QB and use Mike Glennon to be Mike Glennon.
i think they are strong on keenum

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Browns - QB
2. Bills or Cards (via trade) - QB (or Chubb/Barkley if Giants stay put)
3. Jets - QB
4. Bills or Cards (via trade) - QB (or Barkely if Cleveland stays put)
5. Broncos - QB (if their guy slips through and one of the trades doesn't happen)

I would expect the top 4 QBs gone in the top 5 picks, unless the Broncos decide to go with Chubb instead.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Browns - QB
2. Bills or Cards (via trade) - QB (or Chubb/Barkley if Giants stay put)
3. Jets - QB
4. Bills or Cards (via trade) - QB (or Barkely if Cleveland stays put)
5. Broncos - QB (if their guy slips through and one of the trades doesn't happen)

I would expect the top 4 QBs gone in the top 5 picks, unless the Broncos decide to go with Chubb instead.

I don’t see the Browns trading away their 4th pick. I don’t any reason when they can get a need at 4. They need help with the secondary so Fitz/Ward seems like the play, Chubb wouldn’t be a bad option. I doubt they get Barkley but if he is there then why not. I hope they don’t trade down

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thye loved kelly last year

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been saying Barkley 1 and a QB 4 but with the Jets trade that changes things a bit. While I still think the Giants take Barkley if available I also think if the Browns take Barkley 1 they will now get their 3rd QB choice as Giants and Jets will go QB.
I guess it comes down to how far apart are they between 1 and 3. Plus if Rosen is left, he already stated he's not interested in Cleveland. Of course he's probably thinking he'd be a Giant and if they pass on him he could change his anti Cleveland thinking.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying Barkley 1 and a QB 4 but with the Jets trade that changes things a bit. While I still think the Giants take Barkley if available I also think if the Browns take Barkley 1 they will now get their 3rd QB choice as Giants and Jets will go QB.
I guess it comes down to how far apart are they between 1 and 3. Plus if Rosen is left, he already stated he's not interested in Cleveland. Of course he's probably thinking he'd be a Giant and if they pass on him he could change his anti Cleveland thinking.

Agreed...I'm waffling on that now that the Jets moved up...what would really change things if BUF jumped up to #2...then they would have to go QB I think....as it is, if they like Darnold and Josh Allen, they can just sit tight at 4.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of mocks giving the Giants Nelson at #2, but I can't see any possible way that should come to fruition. If the Giants turn down trade requests for #2, it would be for a QB, Barkley, or maybe Chubb (they just traded away JPP, btw). Otherwise, they could trade down with Denver (or maybe the Fins or Bills, but that would be too far to likely get Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson) and get more picks.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of mocks giving the Giants Nelson at #2, but I can't see any possible way that should come to fruition. If the Giants turn down trade requests for #2, it would be for a QB, Barkley, or maybe Chubb (they just traded away JPP, btw). Otherwise, they could trade down with Denver (or maybe the Fins or Bills, but that would be too far to likely get Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson) and get more picks.
Actually, if they trade down with anyone lower than Denver, Nelson could definitely be gone. Denver is in desperate need of blocking help up front, and if they're not in love with whichever QB is left after 1-4, they could easily go Nelson.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if they trade down with anyone lower than Denver, Nelson could definitely be gone. Denver is in desperate need of blocking help up front, and if they're not in love with whichever QB is left after 1-4, they could easily go Nelson.

No way