• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2018 NFL Draft Thread

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the dust is starting to settle on the FA QBs...how does it impact the draft?

Recapping the leaked deals.

CLE (1,4), Tyrod Taylor...in a trade with BUF sending the 65th overall pick...general feeling I get...Hue knows he has to win some games this season and Taylor gives him a chance to do that, but he's not the long term answer, they will use #1 or #4 on a QN...my guess is #4.

DEN (5)...Keenum, if so...where do they go with the pick? Do they double down on QB? Derwin James has not been talked about in the top 5, but if Fitz is gone maybe?

NYJ (6)...Pending, with it looking like Cousins is choosing the stronger roster in MIN over max cash...I've heard the Jets might look at Bridgewater, but regardless, they need to stay in QB mode in the draft.

BUF (12)...the Glenn trade has the Bills in the top 15...should land one of the top 4 QBs.

AZ (15)...by doing nothing they could land one of the top 4 QBs if DEN goes another direction.

It still looks as if 4 QBs might go in the top 15 picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the dust is starting to settle on the FA QBs...how does it impact the draft?

CLE (1,4), Tyrod Taylor...in a trade with BUF sending the 65th overall pick...general feeling I get...Hue knows he has to win some games this season and Taylor gives him a chance to do that, but he's not the long term answer, they will use #1 or #4 on a QN...my guess is #4.

DEN (5)...Keenum, if so...where do they go with the pick? Do they double down on QB? Derwin James has not been talked about in the top 5, but if Fitz is gone maybe?

NYJ (6)...Pending, with it looking like Cousins is choosing the stronger roster in MIN over max cash...I've heard the Jets might look at Bridgewater, but regardless, they need to stay in QB mode in the draft.

BUF (12)...the Glenn trade has the Bills in the top 15...should land one of the top 4 QBs.

AZ (15)...by doing nothing they could land one of the top 4 QBs if DEN goes another direction.

Top 4 looks to be 3 QBs and Barkley probably.

Denver is a wildcard. My guess is that they stick with Keenum and continue to develop Lynch but they could also give up on Lynch.

Arizona might trade up for the 4th QB and use Mike Glennon to be Mike Glennon.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Mike Glennon I mean Sam Bradford but 1yr deal so same impact on the draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Browns don't use #1 on a QB, it proves they don't know who they want and are willing to just settle for "one of these guys". Doesn't sound like a smart front office decision IMO. Pick the QB you want at #1. Barkley is nice, but not worth settling at QB IMO.

Buffalo is not done, expect them to move up further using both 1sts and a sweetner if necessary, likely closer to the draft. Supposedly have had discussions with the Colts at #3.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns don't use #1 on a QB, it proves they don't know who they want and are willing to just settle for "one of these guys". Doesn't sound like a smart front office decision IMO. Pick the QB you want at #1. Barkley is nice, but not worth settling at QB IMO.

Buffalo is not done, expect them to move up further using both 1sts and a sweetner if necessary, likely closer to the draft. Supposedly have had discussions with the Colts at #3.

I'm normally not in the camp of RB #1 overall, this is one year it makes sense to me.

I'm not sure if any of the teams have a clear cut, we want this guy because...

BUF...agreed. I'm seeing where the Glenn deal was just a precursor to gain more valuable draft position...I've heard Colts and NYG.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if any of the teams have a clear cut, we want this guy because...

If they don't, they shouldn't be picking a QB IMO. This is the leader of your offense, and especially in the Browns situation with #1 and #4 overall, they really should get "their guy" when obtainable. Now, if their guy isn't Darnold or Rosen, maybe they can wait until #4, but that could backfire. That franchise hasn't chosen wisely at the QB position in a LONG time.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't, they shouldn't be picking a QB IMO. This is the leader of your offense, and especially in the Browns situation with #1 and #4 overall, they really should get "their guy" when obtainable. Now, if their guy isn't Darnold or Rosen, maybe they can wait until #4, but that could backfire. That franchise hasn't chosen wisely at the QB position in a LONG time.
Do you think the Bills have a very specific QB in mind?

It would be really interesting if they did

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Bills have a very specific QB in mind?

It would be really interesting if they did

I would think they must (rumored to be Rosen, but we certainly don't know it that's true yet)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think they must (rumored to be Rosen, but we certainly don't know it that's true yet)
I think Rosen seems like the best pocket passer of the bunch. If you're confident in your oline then he is the QB I'd pick.

I think he is fairly notably different as a prospect than the other top QBs. You'd have to think if Rosen goes one spot ahead of them for some reason then the Bills are fine with that but something tells me that they know the Browns aren't picking their QB

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rosen seems like the best pocket passer of the bunch. If you're confident in your oline then he is the QB I'd pick.

I think he is fairly notably different as a prospect than the other top QBs. You'd have to think if Rosen goes one spot ahead of them for some reason then the Bills are fine with that but something tells me that they know the Browns aren't picking their QB

There were rumors that Rosen didn't want the Browns early on, but he tried to quiet those recently.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that line of thinking, but the beauty here is Taylor. They're not looking for a week 1 starter even if they used #1 on him.

Yes, you're right, if they take Barkley with 1, they could potentially get the 3rd QB off the board at 4...I still think they would get the 2nd QB off, but there is some risk there. With Taylor in the fold, and these QBs being fairly bunched together (no one surfaced as the clear cut top talent post combine) there is very little risk.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that line of thinking, but the beauty here is Taylor. They're not looking for a week 1 starter even if they used #1 on him.

Yes, you're right, if they take Barkley with 1, they could potentially get the 3rd QB off the board at 4...I still think they would get the 2nd QB off, but there is some risk there. With Taylor in the fold, and these QBs being fairly bunched together (no one surfaced as the clear cut top talent post combine) there is very little risk.

They may be bunched together, but they are not mirror images. They need to have a preference, and wielding the #1 pick should give them the opportunity to finally settle that position for the first time in decades.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rosen I think would go to CLE if picked #1, but imo he's burnt that bridge already. BUF probably knows that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Taylor in the fold, and these QBs being fairly bunched together (no one surfaced as the clear cut top talent post combine) there is very little risk.
I'm not actually so sure they're bunch together, though.

Darnold seems to be getting the most love from all of the draft experts.
Rosen and Mayfield might be bunched together but they're very different.
I personally think Allen and Jackson are polarizing so they are probably further down.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are quick to assume Denver is going to draft a QB but I don't see it happening. Not only did they sign Keenum, but they still have Lynch, Simien, and also Chad Kelly on the roster. IMO Kelly might be the most talented of the entire group, so grabbing yet another QB when there are other bigger needs doesn't make sense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may be bunched together, but they are not mirror images. They need to have a preference, and wielding the #1 pick should give them the opportunity to finally settle that position for the first time in decades.

They could end up crossing me up totally, but I have a feeling they are fine with Darnold or Allen at 4, but would take Rosen if he were on the board at 4 as well. You never believe everything you hear around draft time, but I've heard Dorsey really likes Mayfield so this could go a lot of different directions.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, the Browns record of picking QBs in the first round even #1 overall picks is abysmal at best.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not actually so sure they're bunch together, though.

Darnold seems to be getting the most love from all of the draft experts.
Rosen and Mayfield might be bunched together but they're very different.
I personally think Allen and Jackson are polarizing so they are probably further down.

Normally the #1 guy has already been defined in most circles by now...I'm hearing Rosen maybe the best pocket passer, but Darnold is the better prospect, Allen has the best arm, etc. No consensus.

Of course one guy could separate at a later time frame once they hit the field, weapons, OL, etc will factor there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are quick to assume Denver is going to draft a QB but I don't see it happening. Not only did they sign Keenum, but they still have Lynch, Simien, and also Chad Kelly on the roster. IMO Kelly might be the most talented of the entire group, so grabbing yet another QB when there are other bigger needs doesn't make sense.

I actually think they draft Fitzpatrick or Ward after losing Talib

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree the Giants aren’t looking at a QB, most definitely. That leaves the #3 pick, Colts or whoever they trade the pick to. If it’s the Bills it’s probably Rosen. I haven’t heard anything about the Browns even looking at Rosen honestly. It’s been Darnold, Mayfield and Allen but which one is it. I’m sure they have a number one guy but why is it a huge risk to wait till #4 to take the guy? They could have a really good chance of getting their QB and Barkley. I highly doubt they go Barkley at 1 though.