• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2018 Broncos: Schedule Predictions

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one expects the Broncos to be there this year. Time for the unexpected rise.

Agree. This team has very quietly updated across the board. It’s fair to still question coaching until they prove otherwise but it’s also fair to expect professional football men to develop and improve after their first year as a staff.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spread offenses exist in the NFL? ;)

Or are you talking about Boise State Broncos? ;)

Of course I mean the Boise State Broncos and that wonderful blue turf.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one expects the Broncos to be there this year. Time for the unexpected rise.

Can't blame them at this point. Team went 5-11 last year so until they can prove things have changed it will stay the same. It is interesting reading on some of the Power Rankings though of many have the Broncos bottom-7 or so but always seem to actually compliment what they have done this offseason.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame them at this point. Team went 5-11 last year so until they can prove things have changed it will stay the same. It is interesting reading on some of the Power Rankings though of many have the Broncos bottom-7 or so but always seem to actually compliment what they have done this offseason.
Add in the last 6 games of 2016 I think them were 2-4 + 5 -11. 7-15 last 22 games. Trending down so hopefully they hit rock bottom in 2107 and start heading back up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in the last 6 games of 2016 I think them were 2-4 + 5 -11. 7-15 last 22 games. Trending down so hopefully they hit rock bottom in 2107 and start heading back up.

Hopefully this is like the 2010 season going into the 2011 season. Surprise some people after a historically bad year then boom Super Bowl contenders for the next 5. Now obviously we don't have a Peyton Manning walking through the door, but I'll take a well balanced team surrounding a good QB as well at this point.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this is like the 2010 season going into the 2011 season. Surprise some people after a historically bad year then boom Super Bowl contenders for the next 5. Now obviously we don't have a Peyton Manning walking through the door, but I'll take a well balanced team surrounding a good QB as well at this point.

Yeah, after looking at various Power Rankings and watching the sports networks, all of the experts seem to debate whether the Chargers or Chiefs will win the AFCW, with an occasional knucklehead that picks the Raiders. I haven't seen anyone predicting the Broncos to get there.

It makes sense, given their performance last year but as CD notes, it's weird how they compliment the off season/draft moves but don't have it translating into anything in 2018. I guess that's probably also fair, since most rookie classes don't have serious impact until year two and beyond.

As many do, I like the underdog status of the Broncos this year. It's the NFL and every team will take them seriously but they may be able to sneak up on a few. I absolutely believe that this will be an improved year vs. 2017 but it will more than likely take a couple years to get back to real relevance.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, after looking at various Power Rankings and watching the sports networks, all of the experts seem to debate whether the Chargers or Chiefs will win the AFCW, with an occasional knucklehead that picks the Raiders. I haven't seen anyone predicting the Broncos to get there.

It makes sense, given their performance last year but as CD notes, it's weird how they compliment the off season/draft moves but don't have it translating into anything in 2018. I guess that's probably also fair, since most rookie classes don't have serious impact until year two and beyond.

As many do, I like the underdog status of the Broncos this year. It's the NFL and every team will take them seriously but they may be able to sneak up on a few. I absolutely believe that this will be an improved year vs. 2017 but it will more than likely take a couple years to get back to real relevance.

To me though the biggest move of the entire offseason was that of signing Case Keenum. That is a non-rookie move and the security of knowing who your starting QB is the entire offseason I think will pay huge dividends for this team. I know many are questioning whether Keenum was a 1-year wonder but to me I'm wondering what is going to happen when he finally has a team believe in him and say "you are our starter go do work".

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me though the biggest move of the entire offseason was that of signing Case Keenum. That is a non-rookie move and the security of knowing who your starting QB is the entire offseason I think will pay huge dividends for this team. I know many are questioning whether Keenum was a 1-year wonder but to me I'm wondering what is going to happen when he finally has a team believe in him and say "you are our starter go do work".

I agree that it was their biggest off season move. Unfortunately, I'm probably more in the skeptical camp when it comes to Keenum. Although I LOVE Bradley Chubb, I was hoping that they would go QB at number 5. Obviously, they didn't love anyone left after Mayfield and Darnold so it's good they stuck to their guns. I'm hoping that Keenum proves me wrong, big time. It's gonna really suck if one of Allen/Rosen/Jackson become superstars in the league.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it was their biggest off season move. Unfortunately, I'm probably more in the skeptical camp when it comes to Keenum. Although I LOVE Bradley Chubb, I was hoping that they would go QB at number 5. Obviously, they didn't love anyone left after Mayfield and Darnold so it's good they stuck to their guns. I'm hoping that Keenum proves me wrong, big time. It's gonna really suck if one of Allen/Rosen/Jackson become superstars in the league.

It will also be great if Chubb superstars in the league.

I look more at the player we took then the player we didn't take when it comes to the draft.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will also be great if Chubb superstars in the league.

I look more at the player we took then the player we didn't take when it comes to the draft.

That's the healthiest way to approach it but when your team is in need of a long term solution at the quarterback position and you have the number 5 pick in the draft, it's hard to not look around.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhhh.

I mean I am not rooting for those guys to fail but I also agree with ya in another sense.

I'd actually like to see Allen succeed and Rosen, beings the teams that drafted them. I think Allen would be a nice story from Wyoming and Rosen was a guy I always liked since his HS recruiting and the Cardinals are my NFC team sooooo, but yeah I hope they don't turn out Tom Brady good, that will be a kick in the nads and I have never minded the Ravens (probably because they had Ed Reed on their team) but if Jackson wasnt to do decent htere, I am ok with it. Just not dynasty stuff going on, then we will all get depressed.

But yeah. As long as Chubb turns out what he is capable of turning out to be I feel we can't go wrong.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb will always unfairly be tied to those QB's and so will Elway. If Chubb becomes a top talent but so does one of those QB's people still still call it a bad pick. Just the nature of the QB position and needing to get it figured out. I would say though if you find a very quality pass rusher especially to go opposite of Von Miller that is the 2nd best thing you can find for your team outside of QB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame on us for taking Deltha O'Neal in round 1 over Tom Brady.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have been like Bill Polian and had a 1st round grade on Tom Brady but decided to pass on him because well they already had Peyton Manning.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now this:

Lynn downplays Bolts' hype: 'Sounds like a mousetrap'

Lynn isn’t wrong. Even though the Chargers appear the favorite they have to actually go out there and not under perform they way they seem to do so often.

The more I think about it the more I feel this division is wide open. Every team has some major question marks. I really like the Broncos chances in an environment like this.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah the division is definitely wide open. I think at this stage it is anyone's guess. Any team could finish first or last at this point, I don't think there is another division currently like that (on paper).

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah the division is definitely wide open. I think at this stage it is anyone's guess. Any team could finish first or last at this point, I don't think there is another division currently like that (on paper).

I think you can make the argument the AFC South is. Jaguars may appear to have an edge but a lot will be riding on Bortles being a one year wonder or a legit starter. Similar to the Broncos. The Texans will be getting a wealth of talent off injury and if the Colts are able to rely on Andrew Luck they may challenge for the title. The Titans are also a pretty solid team but their coaching change makes them a little harder to predict. I’d consider that division pretty wide open at this point.