• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2016 Braves could be the worst team in MLB history

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that we're entertaining offers for Freddie Freeman and could also be shopping Teheran, Markakis and Maybin.

If the goal was to be competitive by 2017, they had better be opening up the checkbook, because these prospects we're getting, while they are nice, we likely won't reap the rewards for at least another couple years.

And while I normally dismiss things like this as rumors, with Andrelton Simmons, I heard on the radio on my lunch break that the Braves were listening to rumors about Simmons, but nothing was really expected to come of it, then a few hours later he was an Angel.

If Freeman is traded, we might average less than a run per game this season.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we Trade Freeman Im Done. Ive been a loyal fan sinc 1985 but I dont know if I can put up with this shit.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we Trade Freeman Im Done. Ive been a loyal fan sinc 1985 but I dont know if I can put up with this shit.

I'll never be done with the Braves.

This is the first I've experienced of rebuilding. I understand it's necessary for teams not named the Yankees, Dodgers or Cardinals, and we had a long run of not having to rebuild, but I hate the process. I just hope the end result makes this painful stretch worth while.

The Cubs and Astros this season were products of successful rebuilding projects. They went all in and the future looks bright.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wont be done but i certainly wont waste my time with the product they are putting out. you need some stars to give fans of bad teams hope and entertainment. there was no need to totally implode this team. fans understand they arent a pennant winning team but if you have to do this to rebuild then maybe your gm isnt very good.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed Bud Norris to a MLB contract and he'll start the season in our rotation. I'm sure this move will be a huge difference maker.

Seems a lot like trading for Trevor Cahill last season and I see nothing good coming of it.