• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas adds series with Alabama, moves series with Ohio State.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given his circumstances I think he did do a good job though. When the FO chooses an injured Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees there's only so much that can be done. They invested money and assets into a guy that played like 4 games with the dolphins. It should be noted the GM was fired after 2007, with good reason.

I disagree with the good job but I do see a point you make. Culpepper Over Brees in hindsight is a joke. However going 15-17 in the nfl isn’t doing a good job. Christ Dave Wannstedt won 42 games with Jay Fielder there.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that it? Is that all you are going to say?

Just admit you were dead wrong and move on. Only an absolute jackass would argue Saban was a good NFL coach.

Not much left to say really. All you can do at this point is build strawman's by taking things to the extreme and ignoring facts. I'll only reply as long as I'm entertained.

Seems like you're the only person trying to argue otherwise to me. If someone puts him in the top100 NFL coaches of all time, wake me up and I'll say it's bullshit.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much left to say really. All you can do at this point is build strawman's by taking things to the extreme and ignoring facts. I'll only reply as long as I'm entertained.

Seems like you're the only person trying to argue otherwise to me. If someone puts him in the top100 NFL coaches of all time, wake me up and I'll say it's bullshit.

The only one ignoring facts is you. You continue to defend Saban as if he is your God or something.

An no, I wasn’t the only one in this thread that said he wasn’t successful in the NFL. But I don’t expect you to understand that.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one ignoring facts is you. You continue to defend Saban as if he is your God or something.

An no, I wasn’t the only one in this thread that said he wasn’t successful in the NFL. But I don’t expect you to understand that.
Who has actually ever said Saban was successful in the NFL. I have seen he wasn’t a complete failure. You seem to got your panties in a twist over something nobody has ever said. And I have every right to dislike Saban more than any of you fuckers.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has actually ever said Saban was successful in the NFL. I have seen he wasn’t a complete failure. You seem to got your panties in a twist over something nobody has ever said. And I have every right to dislike Saban more than any of you fuckers.

Page 2 post 37. Don’t say I never did anything for ya.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Page 2 post 37. Don’t say I never did anything for ya.
Saying he didn’t leave because he was bad at the NFL level is not saying he was successful. He left for the same reason he left Michigan State, someone offered him a shit ton more money.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the good job but I do see a point you make. Culpepper Over Brees in hindsight is a joke. However going 15-17 in the nfl isn’t doing a good job. Christ Dave Wannstedt won 42 games with Jay Fielder there.

It's good relative to what he was working with, both in terms of roster and management. You can only get so far with Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels, Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon starting games for you. My guess is that if Drew Brees is cleared and goes to Miami, Saban wins 10+ games stays at Miami and would have had a successful career.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying he didn’t leave because he was bad at the NFL level is not saying he was successful. He left for the same reason he left Michigan State, someone offered him a shit ton more money.

He wouldn’t have argued with me this long. His very next post he says Saban was successful. Read the whole thread instead of just jumping in toward the end.

An at any rate, Saban was not successful or good or any other word you what to use that gives the look of a good coach in the nfl.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good relative to what he was working with, both in terms of roster and management. You can only get so far with Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels, Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon starting games for you. My guess is that if Drew Brees is cleared and goes to Miami, Saban wins 10+ games stays at Miami and would have had a successful career.

Culpepper was part of that too. I disagree Saban would have stayed and it would have worked out in Miami But that’s opionated to say ethier way now. An the dolph8ns roster wasn’t that bad when he rolled in there in 05’.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually this just shows how stupid you are. There is a reason Dolphin fans were upset that he left.

No, you're just an idiot who likes to think Saban left the NFL because he wasn't good at it.

No he didn't, he coached the Dolphins, a team that hasn't won a playoff game since 2000 or some shit and damn near put them in the playoffs.

He was only there for 2 years, what exactly would you expect?

If he sucked, the fans wouldn't have been upset about him leaving. He took over a bad team and almost got them in the playoffs. They went 9-7 in his first season and almost made the playoffs.

Then in his 2nd year he got fucked at QB and they finished the season with his 3rd string QB.

He's not going to come close to breaking the top100 of all time NFL coaches, but to say he sucked and left the NFL due to a lack of success is bullshit.

For one, Alabama offered a lot more money. Saban is the highest paid football coach, that's college and NFL. Belichick could make a little more, but he could make a little less. I saw his $10-$13 million. $10 is under Saban, $13 is above. But that doesn't count things the boosters buy for Saban all the time, like the $3.1 million they spent on a house.

But I think more importantly, Alabama offered to give him anything and everything he needed. And he likes that he can have more effect on college kids while in the NFL everyone is a pro and doesn't have the same dedication.

He wouldn’t have argued with me this long. His very next post he says Saban was successful. Read the whole thread instead of just jumping in toward the end.

An at any rate, Saban was not successful or good or any other word you what to use that gives the look of a good coach in the nfl.

Which one of those posts said he was successful? Again I am not known for getting along with 4D20, but he hasn’t said Saban was successful. Please quote it and I will call him out on it. On my iPhone I can’t read post #s anymore. Again, saying Saban didn’t suck at Miami =/= being successful.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which one of those posts said he was successful? Again I am not known for getting along with 4D20, but he hasn’t said Saban was successful. Please quote it and I will call him out on it. On my iPhone I can’t read post #s anymore. Again, saying Saban didn’t suck at Miami =/= being successful.

4th one down, you even quoted it. Stop pretending it’s not there

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying “he left because of a lack of success is bullshit,” again is not saying he was successful. He left for a shit ton more money.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your reading comp is shit. I said that's not the reason he left, not that he had it.

Dipshit.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying “he left because of a lack of success is bullshit,” again is not saying he was successful. He left for a shit ton more money.

There’s no reason to bring up lack of success.

There’s no reason to make excuses about 3rd string qbs.

There’s no reason to bring up losing records before and after he coached.

All of this if he truely doesn’t think Saban wasn’t a good nfl coach.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reading comp is shit. I said that's not the reason he left, not that he had it.

Dipshit.

Why continue to make excuses of what the dolphins were then dumb fuck?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban was a great NFL coach.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you two just fuck and get it over with?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no reason to bring up lack of success.

There’s no reason to make excuses about 3rd string qbs.

There’s no reason to bring up losing records before and after he coached.

All of this if he truely doesn’t think Saban wasn’t a good nfl coach.
Someone said that Saban left because he “sucked”. He definitely did not have the same success in the NFL but being a .500 coach doesn’t mean you suck. That team was poorly built and the front office made many bad decisions.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said that Saban left because he “sucked”. He definitely did not have the same success in the NFL but being a .500 coach doesn’t mean you suck. That team was poorly built and the front office made many bad decisions.

If you’re going to pretend to be blind by this then so be it. Sabans nfl teams started terribly and the offenses were bad. But say what ya will.