• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas adds series with Alabama, moves series with Ohio State.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had them heading back in the right direction, which is why the fan base was upset when he left. Only haters like you would ignore the fact he had to finish his 2nd season on a 3rd string QB.

If he wasn't a good coach in the NFL, why do so many NFL teams want him as their coach?

As for making shit up - Tell me more about where I didn't grow up and how I've only been an Alabama fan since 2007 or whatever year it is you made up and how I'm a bandwagon fan. Your fantasy land is the only thing remotely amusing about you honestly.

Heading in the right direction? He went from 9-7 to 6-10. Only idiots like you would ignore the fact that that team won 11 and 10 games a few years before he took over.

People are blinded by success now. They forget he inherited a stable franchise and did nothing with them. Here’s a key for you slick, fans are not indicators if coaches are good or not. What they do on the field indictates that.

You are even more unhinged then normal. You have never seen Alabama play yet you are some huge fan. Your fantasy land is hilarious. As for you blindly defending Saban no matter what?? That’s just pathetic. No one in their right mind actually believes you think he was a good nfl coach. But because it’s in your nature to defend him you’ll double down and look even more like the jackass you are.

Just so I understand, you are telling me that a guy that went 15-17 with a franchise that had one losing season in 15 years prior to him is a good NFL coach? Bahahahahahahahahaha

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama won 10 games two years before Saban...does that mean Mike Shula is responsible for his early success?

I'm not going to call his two year stint in Miami successful, but I'm also not stupid enough to believe that that is an indicator that he couldn't be successful in the league.

The dolphins had 1 losing season since the 80’s when Saban arrived. They weren’t the Browns. He didn’t walk into an impossible situation. An it’s good you don’t call his time in the NFL a success. He was 15-17. That’s not successful.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is going to get their shit pushed in, and I'll be laughing.

Wanted to clear that up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading in the right direction? He went from 9-7 to 6-10. Only idiots like you would ignore the fact that that team won 11 and 10 games a few years before he took over.

People are blinded by success now. They forget he inherited a stable franchise and did nothing with them. Here’s a key for you slick, fans are not indicators if coaches are good or not. What they do on the field indictates that.

You are even more unhinged then normal. You have never seen Alabama play yet you are some huge fan. Your fantasy land is hilarious. As for you blindly defending Saban no matter what?? That’s just pathetic. No one in their right mind actually believes you think he was a good nfl coach. But because it’s in your nature to defend him you’ll double down and look even more like the jackass you are.

Just so I understand, you are telling me that a guy that went 15-17 with a franchise that had one losing season in 15 years prior to him is a good NFL coach? Bahahahahahahahahaha

^probably thinks NFL HC's pick the players.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this as fan of college football.
This is great.

Marquee matchups is where it's at.
That's what you remember.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^probably thinks NFL HC's pick the players.

Is that it? Is that all you are going to say?

Just admit you were dead wrong and move on. Only an absolute jackass would argue Saban was a good NFL coach.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's impressive too.

We’ll have to agree to disagree with Saban and the Dolphins. He is the best college coach of all time IMO. But in the NFL, he was not a good coach.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll have to agree to disagree with Saban and the Dolphins. He is the best college coach of all time IMO. But in the NFL, he was not a good coach.

Given what he had at his disposal I think he did a relatively good job. The front office and medical personnel did him absolutely no favors.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given what he had at his disposal I think he did a relatively good job. The front office and medical personnel did him absolutely no favors.

His first year in Miami he started 3-7.
His second year in Miami he started 1-6.
I know injuries happen but when you start that bad both years there’s only so much you can blame on injuries.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas will make 'The Alabama Dynasty Run" highlight reel twice.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first year in Miami he started 3-7.
His second year in Miami he started 1-6.
I know injuries happen but when you start that bad both years there’s only so much you can blame on injuries.

Yeah and he could have had DrewBrees be his QB the 2nd season but the doctors didn't clear him and the FO traded for Daunte Culpepper who himself was coming off injury and wasn't good anymore and signed him to a 6 year deal. I'm actually surprised he got to 6 wins his 2nd season with what they had on the roster.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and Ohio St. did a home and home about 10 years ago. It was a good series

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dolphins had 1 losing season since the 80’s when Saban arrived. They weren’t the Browns. He didn’t walk into an impossible situation. An it’s good you don’t call his time in the NFL a success. He was 15-17. That’s not successful.

I'm not sure it's much of an indicator of success or failure.

The Dolphins were 3 seasons removed from making the playoffs and were 4-12 the previous year. He inherited a team with Gus Frerotte at QB. That journeyman hadn't been a starter in half a decade and he got almost 3000 yards out of him. Marginal receivers, marginal running backs and you're acting like they were all-pros.

They've literally won 1 playoff game since Marino retired, but don't let me stop you from pretending the Dolphins are one of the greatest teams in the history of the NFL. They are mediocre at best, elevated for more than a decade by the presence of one of the greatest QB's to ever come out of Pennsylvania.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and he could have had DrewBrees be his QB the 2nd season but the doctors didn't clear him and the FO traded for Daunte Culpepper who himself was coming off injury and wasn't good anymore and signed him to a 6 year deal. I'm actually surprised he got to 6 wins his 2nd season with what they had on the roster.

Sure you can blame management and failed physical’s on missing out. Just like we can blame failed drug tests for Dave Wannstedt getting the axe. But none of this still makes Saban a good NFL coach.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it's much of an indicator of success or failure.

The Dolphins were 3 seasons removed from making the playoffs and were 4-12 the previous year. He inherited a team with Gus Frerotte at QB. That journeyman hadn't been a starter in half a decade and he got almost 3000 yards out of him. Marginal receivers, marginal running backs and you're acting like they were all-pros.

They've literally won 1 playoff game since Marino retired, but don't let me stop you from pretending the Dolphins are one of the greatest teams in the history of the NFL. They are mediocre at best, elevated for more than a decade by the presence of one of the greatest QB's to ever come out of Pennsylvania.

But you’re acting like the dolphins were some rebuilding project with a bunch of rookies. They had some seasoned veterans. I’m not here to tell you they were great. I’m saying they were a perennial 9 win team and Saban did that with them. I’m not calling Saban a failure in the NFL I’m saying he wasn’t successful.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you can blame management and failed physical’s on missing out. Just like we can blame failed drug tests for Dave Wannstedt getting the axe. But none of this still makes Saban a good NFL coach.

Given his circumstances I think he did do a good job though. When the FO chooses an injured Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees there's only so much that can be done. They invested money and assets into a guy that played like 4 games with the dolphins. It should be noted the GM was fired after 2007, with good reason.