• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tavares to be named Captain

Farmer_Ted

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Tavares to be named Captain. He is the man. The Isles will be good this year, how soon will the "faithful" be jumping on the bandwagon....

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved. Really showed great leadership last season. Wish him the best in his career & looking forward to seeing what he does in the years to come.

Farmer_Ted

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Isles scare you in the first round? Just curious. I knew they would chase Flower out of the crease...too bad it always seems the back-up does well..

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Isles scare you in the first round? Just curious. I knew they would chase Flower out of the crease...too bad it always seems the back-up does well..

Oh for sure, they got some good talent with John Tavares, Kyle Okposo, Michael Grabner, & Matt Moulson. All they need now is some good defensive presence and they got the tools to be a legit contender. I really like what Jack Capuano did with the team this past year. Got the very best out of his squad and gives them a good foundation to build on. Props to the Isles for what they did last season, and I fully expect them to get better as the years go on.

Farmer_Ted

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Tavares has been named the 14th team captain in Islanders history.
usatsi_7258870_110579513_lowres.jpg
“The list of captains throughout the Islanders past is impressive,” GM Garth Snow said. “I’m proud to add a new member to that extraordinary group … Ladies and gentlemen, it’s is my honor to name the 14th captain in Islanders history: John Tavares.”
Tavares said he was honored to be named captain.
“To represent my teammates, coaches, management and the incredible fans that support this historic franchise is something that I take seriously,” he said. “My experiences over the past four seasons have prepared me for this responsibility and I look forward to the challenge of leading the Islanders each season as we contend for the Stanley Cup.”
Snow remarked how “perfect” Tavares is to be named captain.
“John has developed into an elite player in this league and become the leader of our franchise both on and off the ice,” Snow said in a statement. “He consistently represents our organization with class and respect.”
“There’s a misconception about the Isles. A lot of that is changing,” the new captain said.
Tavares will turn 23 on September 20.