• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taco Bell - America's Favorite Mexican Restaraunt

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all kinds of mexican food.
Taco Bell is fine.

Do they still do the Enchirito??
That shit was da bomb in the 70's
572b9b742200008f03255b30.jpeg
This can't be Taco Bell! It actually looks decent!

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I was up there I ate at the Taco John's in White Bear, not really that good but certainly better than Taco Bell...

Taco John's is hot garbage for the most part, but those potato oles. Those are damn good. Add a little nacho cheese-I can feel my arteries harden just thinking about it.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went there about 2 months ago.

Don't give a fuck who likes it, it's pretty good if you ask me. It's not Mexican, it's Tex-Mex which is better than Mexican. Because that's what America does - makes things better.

I have no desire to go to Chipotle as it looks like a bunch of nasty shit that idiots pay more for because it's not Taco Bell and they think it makes them look cool. All the while constantly getting food poisoning and people pretend that shit doesn't happen.

I bet iphones are a requirement to get in the front door of that sheep feeder.

I've never even heard of Moe’s Southwest Grill, so no surprise it didn't win.
No. Just no.

Tex-Mex is terrible. Flour tortillas suck, fajitas are just dry chicken with bell peppers (gross when not cooked right down into a sauce anyway), salsa from a jar is inedibly bad. Nachos are universally disgusting - who wants soggy chips covered in crap. And sour cream and packaged shredded cheese are two food items that simply should not exist. Especially that “Jack” cheese garbage.

Chipotle isn’t good either, but at least it’s edible. I tried eating Taco Bell once, drunk, and the first bite almost made me throw up. The smell was enough, really. Neither is really Mexican.

None of it compares to real tacos, let alone something like a mole poblano:

20160101-carnitas-cochinita-pibil-sous-vide-recipe41-1500x1125.jpg

20120501-204377-tacos-al-pastor.jpg

20121024-227412-mole-poblano.jpg

I doubt Alabama has actual Mexican food, though. No Mexicans down there.

Last edited:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Just no.

Tex-Mex is terrible. Flour tortillas suck, fajitas are just dry chicken with bell peppers (gross when not cooked right down into a sauce anyway), salsa from a jar is inedibly bad. Nachos are universally disgusting - who wants soggy chips covered in crap. And sour cream and packaged shredded cheese are two food items that simply should not exist. Especially that “Jack” cheese garbage.

th

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Just no.

Chipotle isn’t good either, but at least it’s edible. I tried eating Taco Bell once, drunk, and the first bite almost made me throw up. The smell was enough, really. Neither is really Mexican.

None of it compares to real tacos, let alone something like a mole poblano:

20160101-carnitas-cochinita-pibil-sous-vide-recipe41-1500x1125.jpg

20120501-204377-tacos-al-pastor.jpg

20121024-227412-mole-poblano.jpg

I doubt Alabama has actual Mexican food, though. No Mexicans down there.

Wrong.

And I live in Arizona, we have plenty of Mexicans.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tex-Mex might be the only genre of food in the world that I just don’t like, even when it’s a “good example” of the style. I would say Russian food as well, but I’ve had some pretty good pierogis.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tex-Mex might be the only genre of food in the world that I just don’t like, even when it’s a “good example” of the style. I would say Russian food as well, but I’ve had some pretty good pierogis.

I'm not even sure how that's possible.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... I now want some Taco Bell.....

I'll settle for the meatloaf I have in the over currently

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taco Bell is 'America's favorite Mexican restaurant'

Taco Bell is America’s favorite “Mexican restaurant,” according to a new survey." data-reactid="29" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Taco Bell is America’s favorite “Mexican restaurant,” according to a new survey.

The fast food chain beat out Chipotle (CMG) and Moe’s Southwest Grill to win “Brand of the Year” for the first time since Harris launched its EquiTrend Study 30 years ago.

The Harris Poll EquiTrend Study measures the overall health of a brand by asking consumers questions based on three variables — familiarity, quality and future consideration. The results are aggregated into a one-number score.

This year, Taco Bell (YUM) surpassed Chipotle and Moe’s Southwest Grill, the latter of which was the Brand of the Year in 2016 and 2017. Prior to that, Chipotle ranked as the No. 1 Mexican restaurant brand, but its standing was severely impacted by various outbreaks of foodborne illnesses. The fast casual and health-conscious chain experienced a 10.7 point drop in 2016 because of the negative sentiment surrounding the brand. Other choices included Qdoba, Baja Fresh and Del Taco.
funny-gif-bathroom-taco-bell.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the good news that Taco Bell is America's favorite Mexican restaurant, they celebrated by bringing back the Beefy Crunch Burrito today and, having already had one, I can confirm I'm going to shit my britches in mere hours.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in a small town in Colorado where the nearest taco bell was about an hour away. We had GREAT authentic Mexican places in our town. The Mexican restaurants outnumbered all the rest I bet.

Anyways, a buddy and I would drive an hour every Saturday, buy a new CD, eat taco bell and listen to the CD on the drive home and we did that for an entire summer.

Once I moved to a city with a Taco Bell, I hardly ever had it. Now that I don't have one again, I miss it.

I don't consider taco bell Mexican, but it is good for fast food.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in a small town in Colorado where the nearest taco bell was about an hour away. We had GREAT authentic Mexican places in our town. The Mexican restaurants outnumbered all the rest I bet.

Anyways, a buddy and I would drive an hour every Saturday, buy a new CD, eat taco bell and listen to the CD on the drive home and we did that for an entire summer.

Once I moved to a city with a Taco Bell, I hardly ever had it. Now that I don't have one again, I miss it.

I don't consider taco bell Mexican, but it is good for fast food.

Reported

86and88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Rival’s ‘graduate’ just noticed that revered and tenured SportsHoopla poster Nosferatu uses Laurel and Hardy for his pic. Apologies for the affront. I believe I’ll return to my tried and true Redbeard pic.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you once admit to liking Rocky Mountain Oysters?