• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taco Bell - America's Favorite Mexican Restaraunt

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taco Bell is 'America's favorite Mexican restaurant'

Taco Bell is America’s favorite “Mexican restaurant,” according to a new survey." data-reactid="29" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Taco Bell is America’s favorite “Mexican restaurant,” according to a new survey.

The fast food chain beat out Chipotle (CMG) and Moe’s Southwest Grill to win “Brand of the Year” for the first time since Harris launched its EquiTrend Study 30 years ago.

The Harris Poll EquiTrend Study measures the overall health of a brand by asking consumers questions based on three variables — familiarity, quality and future consideration. The results are aggregated into a one-number score.

This year, Taco Bell (YUM) surpassed Chipotle and Moe’s Southwest Grill, the latter of which was the Brand of the Year in 2016 and 2017. Prior to that, Chipotle ranked as the No. 1 Mexican restaurant brand, but its standing was severely impacted by various outbreaks of foodborne illnesses. The fast casual and health-conscious chain experienced a 10.7 point drop in 2016 because of the negative sentiment surrounding the brand. Other choices included Qdoba, Baja Fresh and Del Taco.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup - makes me proud to be an American.... NOT

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who takes all these surveys? And besides it’s pretty much impossible for a non-chain/big brand to lead these surveys.

If the best Mexican Restaurant you’ve been to is a national chain you're an idiot.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i miss eating at el cazador in fayetteville, NC. loved that place.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who takes all these surveys? And besides it’s pretty much impossible for a non-chain/big brand to lead these surveys.

If the best Mexican Restaurant you’ve been to is a national chain you're an idiot.

I am proud to say I have never EVER eaten at Taco Bell

Went there about 2 months ago.

Don't give a fuck who likes it, it's pretty good if you ask me. It's not Mexican, it's Tex-Mex which is better than Mexican. Because that's what America does - makes things better.

I have no desire to go to Chipotle as it looks like a bunch of nasty shit that idiots pay more for because it's not Taco Bell and they think it makes them look cool. All the while constantly getting food poisoning and people pretend that shit doesn't happen.

I bet iphones are a requirement to get in the front door of that sheep feeder.

I've never even heard of Moe’s Southwest Grill, so no surprise it didn't win.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I eat at Taco Bell every now and again. Its food in 3 minutes give or take the line. McDonalds is just a big of an insult to burgers but you dont ever see people complaining about that being insulting.

Even in food deserts, your town has a Mexican Restaurant where you can get a Santa Fe Chicken and a big ass Margarita and someone gives you a bunch of chips before your meal with some very, very limited English. I've literally seen towns with less than 20,000 people with multiple Mexican Restaurants. Its still Americanized and people still go to them on a regular basis because we're all a bunch of fatasses but we dont need to worry about Taco Bell taking over like Demolition Man.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Mexican restaurant: The Plaza

Best Mexican fast food: Taco Villa

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I eat at Taco Bell every now and again. Its food in 3 minutes give or take the line. McDonalds is just a big of an insult to burgers but you dont ever see people complaining about that being insulting.

Even in food deserts, your town has a Mexican Restaurant where you can get a Santa Fe Chicken and a big ass Margarita and someone gives you a bunch of chips before your meal with some very, very limited English. I've literally seen towns with less than 20,000 people with multiple Mexican Restaurants. Its still Americanized and people still go to them on a regular basis because we're all a bunch of fatasses but we dont need to worry about Taco Bell taking over like Demolition Man.

There was this Mexican restaurant in Tennessee that was freaking awesome. Not a chain, just a single restaurant. It was in a small town, all run by Mexicans, very reasonable on the prices and I miss it like crazy. Unlike most Mexican restaurants, they don't overspice/heat their food and it's just delicious.

They still had Tex-Mex on the menu. Steak Chimichanga's are my favorite.

You'd think Arizona would have some great ones, but I've never really been impressed with the ones I've tried and the prices are retarded. They aren't bad or anything, but they've never made me go wow.

I usually end up just making my own.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember going out for a Cheesy Gordita Crunch and a Meximelt every time I went to Mexico. Those Taco Bell guys nailed the authentic Mexican cuisine.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to take a shit just thinking about Taco Bell...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Taco Bell - They have a decent meal for an affordable price and is quick to get to but they have a problem with the Homeless coming in and trashing the restrooms.

That being said - there is no comparison between Taco Bell and any REAL MEXICAN RESTAURANT. Just the basic burrito at the worst actual Real Mexican Restaurant is 100 x better then the best Taco Bell ever - That's just a given

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is, they have over 5,500 restaurants. Who else can compete with that? Chipotle has about half that.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i miss eating at el cazador in fayetteville, NC. loved that place.

What part of Fayetteville? The reason I am asking is that my son took us to a fantastic Mexican restaurant near Hope Mills( may have been in Hope Mills, I was a first time visitor). Damn it was good.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s more shocking this is the first time it’s been #1.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Chili Cheese Burritos and Doritos Tacos...best Mexican food for miles around where I live. #1 might be a little high, tho.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of Fayetteville? The reason I am asking is that my son took us to a fantastic Mexican restaurant near Hope Mills( may have been in Hope Mills, I was a first time visitor). Damn it was good.
Near the fayetteville mall

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Near the fayetteville mall

Thanks. That wasn't the same one. I will try to keep it in mind for when I am down there next.