• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t2017-2018 Nebrasketball Bullshit Thread

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries HP. Your time will come to tell JJM "I told you so". Maybe as early as 2019.
As the Big 10 gets back to playing good basketball it's inevitable that Nebrasketball will be back to #8 or lower in the final standings.
The experts were not wrong in leaving the Huskers out of the big dance. However, they were wrong in seeding them too high in the NIT.

Unless we hire away coach K from Duke or something equal, HP will never be able to tell me I was wrong.

I haven’t ever once said Miles is a top notch coach. I’ve just said that Nebraska can’t and won’t hire one of the top 5 coaches in the county, and HP replies by telling me all we have to do is order one off amazon and pay for it.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? We dump 160M into something to be .500? I'm not saying we need to hire the best coach on the planet but on who has a win percentage above .500 in 6 years would be nice. To me it is only logical to hire at least a top 20 head coach when you have the resources available to do it why shouldn't you it pays for itself. As far as going to Amazon to buy a coach we could go to The Bargain Bin at Dollar Mart in find something better than what we have.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? We dump 160M into something to be .500? I'm not saying we need to hire the best coach on the planet but on who has a win percentage above .500 in 6 years would be nice. To me it is only logical to hire at least a top 20 head coach when you have the resources available to do it why shouldn't you it pays for itself. As far as going to Amazon to buy a coach we could go to The Bargain Bin at Dollar Mart in find something better than what we have.

So do you think a coach who is at one of the top 20 traditional powerhouse programs right now would leave to come to Nebraska just for a little money?

Also, the University did not pay for that arena.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, that arena wasn’t built solely for Nebraska Basketball.

It was built to attract famous entertainers to come perform and bring money into downtown Lincoln. Much the same as the Century Link in Omaha.

They’re multi-purpose venues where basketball is just one of the things that happens there.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think a coach who is at one of the top 20 traditional powerhouse programs right now would leave to come to Nebraska just for a little money?

Also, the University did not pay for that arena.
I don't think a coach from a prominent program would even consider coming to Nebraska. That would be like getting Saban to coach at Kansas.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought some ear plugs at walgreens--- I have ta share a hotel room with a dood that sounds like a chain saw when he sleeps
may they be a winner

I have a couple fishing buddies that we always put in the same room. They sound like two kodiak bears fighting over a salmon.
I still use earplugs because you can hear them through a closed door.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not asking for Nick Saban I'm asking for somebody who is above .500
And how do you know these big time coaches don't want to come here. 4mill a year would attract a lot of coaches. Especially if those coaches are as good as they think they are and you say they are they should be able to turn this thing right around so success shouldnt be an issue especially after 6 years. The problem with hiring an up-and-coming coach is they only had success for limited amount of time and when they jump into the deep water and don't have success it kills their career and it kills them on the recruiting Trail because they have minimal amount of success that's why you need somebody proven who could back up what he says with the win percentage and a winning record

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, that arena wasn’t built solely for Nebraska Basketball.

It was built to attract famous entertainers to come perform and bring money into downtown Lincoln. Much the same as the Century Link in Omaha.

They’re multi-purpose venues where basketball is just one of the things that happens there.

And cretin's McDermott makes $1.38 million/yr to own sMiles ass at $2 million/yr.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a couple fishing buddies that we always put in the same room. They sound like two kodiak bears fighting over a salmon.
I still use earplugs because you can hear them through a closed door.
LOL !!!
this dood can actually peel wall paper off any wall
when this guy snores the hotel curtains are drawn to his nostrils
he actually drained the water from the hotel toilet with his suction
because of his snoring the air force base next to us claimed a 3.5 earth quake on the rector scale --- after all we do stay in Bellevue

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to split hairs with you as to why the PBA was built obviously they were going to use it for more than the sole purpose of men's basketball 10 games out of the year I'm aware of that. But what I'm saying is you don't dump $160 into something to have it not improve the quality of your basketball team. Miles was brought here to take us to the tournament he's only done that once he's had for losing seasons in 6 years do not try to tell me that the PBA was not built to try to improve men's basketball to help recruiting to help miles to make us not a laughing stock of college basketball. I mean I love going to Pink concerts just as much as you Jay but I would much rather have a respectable basketball program.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to travel to rule parts of Nebraska and Iowa and build red Iron buildings and I'd have to share a room sometimes with these old dogs who were smelly rotten animals snored farted just burped it was the most disgusting time ever but made good money

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to split hairs with you as to why the PBA was built obviously they were going to use it for more than the sole purpose of men's basketball 10 games out of the year I'm aware of that. But what I'm saying is you don't dump $160 into something to have it not improve the quality of your basketball team. Miles was brought here to take us to the tournament he's only done that once he's had for losing seasons in 6 years do not try to tell me that the PBA was not built to try to improve men's basketball to help recruiting to help miles to make us not a laughing stock of college basketball. I mean I love going to Pink concerts just as much as you Jay but I would much rather have a respectable basketball program.

We don’t disagree on the matter of spending whatever it takes to get the best coach available.

If a top tier coach agreed to come here for 5 million a year I’d say fuck it....write that check!

But a top tier coach wouldn’t agree to that. And that’s why we don’t see it. Bill Self would agree to knocking his own pay down to $250k a year at Kansas over coming to Nebraska for 5 million.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill self could have more success at Nebraska for all you know it's just honestly a matter of opinion and I think you're wrong.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill self could have more success at Nebraska for all you know it's just honestly a matter of opinion and I think you're wrong.

HP.....I love thee shit out of you. But Kansas is to Basketball what Bama is to football.

Nebraska is to Basketball what Oregon State is to football.

Do you think Saban would consider leaving Bama to go to Oregon State on the whim that maybe he might have more success there?