• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Switching to a baitcast

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decided to try out a new setup today. Ordered a Shimano Citica and a Dobyns Fury. Like $270 shipped. I can't bring myself to spend more than $300 on a setup yet. If I like it I'll probably give the boy my Speed Spool/St. Croix.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decided to try out a new setup today. Ordered a Shimano Citica and a Dobyns Fury. Like $270 shipped. I can't bring myself to spend more than $300 on a setup yet. If I like it I'll probably give the boy my Speed Spool/St. Croix.
I'm really loving mine. I'm kicking myself I didn't switch earlier. The accuracy has really helped me on some regular fishing trips where the bass hang really close to shore. You can just drop it right in there. It's also MUCH better for jigging.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really loving mine. I'm kicking myself I didn't switch earlier. The accuracy has really helped me on some regular fishing trips where the bass hang really close to shore. You can just drop it right in there. It's also MUCH better for jigging.
The accuracy is a game changer. You have so much more control with a baitcaster.

Now all I need is a boat...