• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sustr re-signs, 1 year - one way deal

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with signing Sustr to a one way deal this indicates Yzerman is going to go with a 13 forward, 8 defenseman roster next year.

(13) forwards

Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin
Palat-Filppula-Callahan
Kucherov-Johnson-Connolly
Brown-Boyle-Panik

13th forward ? Pyatt? Paquette? Smith?

(8) Defenseman

Hedman-Stralman
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Garrison

Barberio-Sustr

(2) Goaltenders

Bishop
Nabokov

Looking at our team one thing I do worry about is, who is going to police the game for us? Last year we had Crombeen, Malone, Aulie and Labrie for a bit, they are all gone and we only really have Gudas as a 'tough guy' and with him being a top 4 dman use don't want him fighting an awful lot. I'm somewhat hoping that 13th and extra forward is going to be a 'tough guy' maybe Dalton Smith? Fighting doesn't win you games but if somebody takes a run at Stammer or Drouin or anyone for that matter who is going to drop the gloves?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIO_-Q4U6DQ]Fighting To Play - The Life of Dalton Smith - YouTube[/ame]

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys, the Bolts don't like grit period. I just hope that someone stands up for Bishop & Filpp. Though I am thinking that they both will have to grow balls & take no shit & stand up for themselves.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, I got sidetracked. Huge signing here also! I really like Sustr! :yahoo:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzfCJ3BP-ps"]Frazer McLaren vs Dalton Smith - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Danny, great vids mate but I'm affraid that this isn't SY's style. Gudas has been simmered down, even though his gritty vids are still floating around & I'm pretty certain that Cally's play style will be simmered down as well. It's too bad actually, I love at least 1 good fight per game! :yahoo:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys look much improved from last season. Might not be so dependent on Bishop, I think you guys might actually have some good D.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys look much improved from last season. Might not be so dependent on Bishop, I think you guys might actually have some good D.

I agree doobee it looks great on paper but we still got to go on the ice and do it. This is the best top 4 defense I have seen steve yzerman put out on the ice in tampa yet as a group. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we might be a contender this year!