• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Storylines 20-11 and 10-1

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good starts like last year (scoring first and establishing tempo)
The changes in net (expectations, backup, contracts, coach)
Special teams
Health

Those are my top 4 things to watch next year. I don't think the other concerns will last all year.

They have enough prospects far enough in development to switch out kids that struggle. Seabrook, Bolland, and Keith had very forgettable years, so a few bad seasons from skaters won't kill this team. 4 years of playing without a legitimate 2c keeps me from being concerned about that position.

I think Health will be the top storyline as it relates to winning or losing.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good starts like last year (scoring first and establishing tempo)
The changes in net (expectations, backup, contracts, coach)
Special teams
Health

Those are my top 4 things to watch next year. I don't think the other concerns will last all year.

They have enough prospects far enough in development to switch out kids that struggle. Seabrook, Bolland, and Keith had very forgettable years, so a few bad seasons from skaters won't kill this team. 4 years of playing without a legitimate 2c keeps me from being concerned about that position.

I think Health will be the top storyline as it relates to winning or losing.

My top 5:

Health --- if one of the core players misses extended time or is out for the season, that will be a major problem. Injuries happen, but keeping them to a minimum will go a long way. Ask the RedWings about that last season.

Luck --- Blackhawks incredibly lucky (or good, depending on how you look at it) in overtimes and shootouts. Need to play well at all three phases to have success there...offense, defense and especially goaltending in shootouts.

Great goaltending (again) --- I don't expect Crawford/Khabibulin to play lights out like Crawford/Emery from last season. But they need to be in the top 5 in GA. As the goals against rises, the wins diminish.

Kids stepping in...and up --- Who will be the second line center? Who will take Michael Frolik's spot? Who will fill in on the penalty kill? Which one, two or three kids will be on the Hawks on a regular basis?

Playing with a target on your back --- Everyone guns for the champs. Every win against the champs is like winning the Cup. Hawks will find no easy games this year.