• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steven Stamkos contact talk and my trade talk

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding a Toronto article that the Maple Leafs will go after Steven Stamkos if he becomes a UFA in 2016. Next January, the Lightning will start contract extension talks. They might take some time, but it will get done before the season ends. Erlendsson: “I’m 99.91 percent sure on this: Steven Stamkos will not reach the free-agent market.”

This is a somewhat big news. Stammer is a superstar and we want he nowhere near Free Agency in risk of losing him. This news is a good sign that both sides are interested in sitting down and getting a contract hammered out long term. Perhaps Stamkos want to be a bolt for life.

:suds:

Now trade talk, I'd like Yzerman to make a move for a top 4 dman and kinda soon. I think even if Yzerman makes an average but noticeable pickup that will get teams attention that we are playing for real. I'm pleading for Yzerman to go get Andy MacDonald from the Isles. I've brought his name up before but he's 27, he's a UFA at the end of the year but he's a guy who I would love to keep beyond this year. Seems to play 25 plus minutes a game, plays all situations, this is with Brian Strait as his partner, i'd take our whole D core outside of Cote over Brain Strait. I just think MacDonald would be an A+ pickup and somebody who you can pair with Hedman long term, trust me MacDonald is so underrated. The thing is though as well I can't imagine him costing a whole lot either perhaps Panik and a 2nd round pick. I really hope Yzerman makes a move for MacDonald.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding a Toronto article that the Maple Leafs will go after Steven Stamkos if he becomes a UFA in 2016. Next January, the Lightning will start contract extension talks. They might take some time, but it will get done before the season ends. Erlendsson: “I’m 99.91 percent sure on this: Steven Stamkos will not reach the free-agent market.”

This is a somewhat big news. Stammer is a superstar and we want he nowhere near Free Agency in risk of losing him. This news is a good sign that both sides are interested in sitting down and getting a contract hammered out long term. Perhaps Stamkos want to be a bolt for life.

:suds:

Now trade talk, I'd like Yzerman to make a move for a top 4 dman and kinda soon. I think even if Yzerman makes an average but noticeable pickup that will get teams attention that we are playing for real. I'm pleading for Yzerman to go get Andy MacDonald from the Isles. I've brought his name up before but he's 27, he's a UFA at the end of the year but he's a guy who I would love to keep beyond this year. Seems to play 25 plus minutes a game, plays all situations, this is with Brian Strait as his partner, i'd take our whole D core outside of Cote over Brain Strait. I just think MacDonald would be an A+ pickup and somebody who you can pair with Hedman long term, trust me MacDonald is so underrated. The thing is though as well I can't imagine him costing a whole lot either perhaps Panik and a 2nd round pick. I really hope Yzerman makes a move for MacDonald.
I pretty sure Stamkos will stay in tampa also Jeff Vinik will not want to lose his best player. If Stamkos leaves the lightning it won't be because of the money! it will be because he wants to play for the maple leafs or play for a cup contender. But the lightning are starting to look like they will be a cup contender for many years now that they have a great goaltender now. Yzerman's first order is to get bishop resigned this summer we don't need to let him get to fa in the summer of 2015. This team's biggest need is a defenseman your right on the money there! if the lightning can get one look out for a deep playoff run. Problem is yzerman does not like trading draft picks or prospects he really never does. I don't see them doing anything big because yzerman has always stated that contending every year has always been the lightning's goal.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty sure Stamkos will stay in tampa also Jeff Vinik will not want to lose his best player. If Stamkos leaves the lightning it won't be because of the money! it will be because he wants to play for the maple leafs or play for a cup contender. But the lightning are starting to look like they will be a cup contender for many years now that they have a great goaltender now. Yzerman's first order is to get bishop resigned this summer we don't need to let him get to fa in the summer of 2015. This team's biggest need is a defenseman your right on the money there! if the lightning can get one look out for a deep playoff run. Problem is yzerman does not like trading draft picks or prospects he really never does. I don't see them doing anything big because yzerman has always stated that contending every year has always been the lightning's goal.

Personally I do think Yzerman will do something. I think his interest in Rafalski indicates he's interested in improving this blueline. I kinda think he'll aim for a vet defender who can help us down the stretch so perhaps Derek Morris or Stephane Robidas? both of which I like. I just think with probably losing Sami Salo in FA next year, you have to find a replacement and rather overpaying in FA which always happens nowadays, go and acquire one via trade especially when you have the prospects to do so, infact Yzerman has too many prospects to do so. I think MacDonald would be a great pickup and with our Right side completely packed this year and next, move Panik who still has the ceiling of a top 6 forward along with a pick for MacDonald.

Eklund has also reported we are interested in a bottom 6 forward, Steve Ott and Tuomo Ruutu names have been mentioned but I say no to either, Ott the price will be too high and Ruutu's cap isn't attractive. Personally I just think Yzerman needs to look for a cheap gritty "playoff" forward who could be an upgrade over Crombeen on that 4th Line RW. Perhaps a 6th or 7th round pick for Radek Dvorak, kinda something like that. I like Dvorak, experienced, gritty, just what you need for a playoff run.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me on this, the Lightning will do everything possible to re-sign Steven Stamkos - he is the Tampa Bay Lightning - I don't see a scenario where it doesn't get done

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what New York wants! He could bolt for FA and we give up prospects!

That is true but trading for him and having apart of this team I believe will improve the chances of keeping him.

Here's Eklund with a couple more rumors:

On Blake Wheeler...

The Lightning and Sabres are the teams to watch SHOULD the Jets make Wheeler available...

On Ryan O'Reilly...

Toronto and Montreal have made it known they have interest...but keep your eyes on Tampa here as well. they have the assets to make this happen...especially on D.

I'd love Blake a true power forward 6"5 205lbs, skates, hits and he can shoot the puck. Wheeler is a very attractive piece but hard to see where he' fit in on the right side considering the depth we have.

Ryan O'Reilly, good player but don't like the fit one bit and the Av's need D and i'm not moving on d-men for a forward considering the depth upfront we have already.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see yzerman adding a forward I think he will add a defenseman if he does anything.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see yzerman adding a forward I think he will add a defenseman if he does anything.

I agree, I think it will be a vet right handy shot although Michael Stuart who writes the Lightning stuff on HockeyBuzz said "Lightning GM would probably like to add a young, but experienced, right-handed defender. Names that have popped up on these boards over the course of the season include Dan Girardi and Cody Franson."

I think Yzerman will look for a rental such as Derek Morris or Stephane Robidas. I think Morris for a 2nd or 3rd pick is fair. I'm thinking something along the lines of Derek Morris and Jeff Halpern for Tom Pyatt, a 3rd round pick and 5th round pick. Get a vet D Man who you could pair with Brewer on the 3rd pairing and provide us with some insurance if anything happens to Salo. Also get a vet forward who you could play 4th line RW over Crombeen. We know Halpern, reliable, gritty, a GREAT faceoff guy, kills penalties etc. I think he'd offer more than Crombeen in the playoffs.

I think Yzerman will look for rentals this season and then in the offseason look to improve the D either in FA or I think he'll look on the trade front. I'm thinking somert like Panik and a pick for Franson I guy we know Yzerman is interested in or he could look West at Edler again or maybe Bieska with a deal involving Connolly perhaps?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Stevie Y let's Stammer walk. I can't wait to see him on the ice again, but surprised without him how hell you guys are playing. Tyle Johnson has played well this season.