• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Young interview on RG3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young: Coaches have told me RG3 doesn?t put in the time | ProFootballTalk

I apologize if anyone has brought this up before.

Does not put in the time?!!
Says yeah yeah I got it when coaches try to coach him??!!(Not mentioned in the article, but Young says it in the interview, which I heard)

Now the real question becomes, can Griffin simply ignore this and actually start showing on the field that he actually is putting in the work. Or does this become another twitter storm of denial with the same end result??

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Shanahan, Young's former offensive coach, is still at it!

Bitter and spiteful as he may be, though, clearly something is up with RGIII.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard that this morning and the thought of guys who feel they have an option thinking they have a way out besides learning how to be effective in the pocket is a plausible idea. I think if I knew a way to be effective at my job but not have to do all the work others were doing I would certainly take that path so you can how someone would draw that conclusion.

Kind of like someone drawing a conclusion about Shanahan being bitter when Mike himself never went to the media. My thinking is Dan bought Mike a real nice house and Mike is probably grateful and happy to be out from under the big top. It is quite clear from what is going on right now that the Shanahan's weren't the problem because they are the only ones no longer there but the same problems persist. :scratch:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of a sudden I have this need to yell this... Sorry in advance.

SO NOW WE KNOW WHY THIS GUY HAS NEVER LEARNED HOW TO SLIDE!!!!

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shanahans used to praise RGIII's work ethic. Gruden said he had to tell RGIII to leave because he was in the film room too long. Every report on RGIII from every source since Baylor has said this guy is an insanely hard worker.

Now Steve Young says Shanny (who else could it be) says RGIII is lazy.

Sounds like sour grapes, and Shanny looking to get back into the NFL for one more gig, by absolving himself of any blame for the mess he left behind.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting the unmistakeable stench of Shanahan behind all this.

So lets say Young did ask Shanahan, and Shanahan did say that in his opinion Griffin doesnt want to put in the work. Does it coming from Shanahan make it automatically sour grapes and untrue?? Mike is gone, and as others have mentioned, the problems remain. And regression has seemed to start to set in.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shanahans used to praise RGIII's work ethic. Gruden said he had to tell RGIII to leave because he was in the film room too long. Every report on RGIII from every source since Baylor has said this guy is an insanely hard worker.

Now Steve Young says Shanny (who else could it be) says RGIII is lazy.

Sounds like sour grapes, and Shanny looking to get back into the NFL for one more gig, by absolving himself of any blame for the mess he left behind.

No one said he doesn't work hard or is lazy.
What does he work at is the question. He is in awesome shape and can probably beat 99 percent of the players in the league at a decathlon. Is he studying? Is he working on every little thing that a successful qb has to work on.
That is what Young brought up.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd help if his legs weren't made of uncooked rigatoni noodles.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said he doesn't work hard or is lazy.
What does he work at is the question. He is in awesome shape and can probably beat 99 percent of the players in the league at a decathlon. Is he studying? Is he working on every little thing that a successful qb has to work on.
That is what Young brought up.

This was Young's quote: "He doesn’t put the time in,”

Its anyone's guess what he means, but virtually everyone from Baylor to Gruden, including the SHanny's, have all touted RGIIIs work ethic.

Maybe he's just a gym rat but skips the film room, but that still doesn't jive with the reports from Shanny last summer.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was Young's quote: "He doesn’t put the time in,”

Its anyone's guess what he means, but virtually everyone from Baylor to Gruden, including the SHanny's, have all touted RGIIIs work ethic.

Maybe he's just a gym rat but skips the film room, but that still doesn't jive with the reports from Shanny last summer.

I read the quote from what Shanny said too. I would like to know which "coaches" Young spoke to. We know the one. Did he speak to Kyle as well? Then does that bring in the whole sour grapes angle to possibly negate this whole thing? Not sure. One guy who did work his butt off was Young. At the very least, he seems very believable.

More to come on this for sure.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my take young didnt name the coaches or they refused to do so which means BS to me

but its more to that . shanny gets accused of this yet there is no evidence he said that to anyone

its an assumption that shanny said it and that isnt fair at all

and who does young work for ? ESPN

did everyone forget that vikings game fiasco ?

put a name to it

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3