• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Program

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Boise, if you see this, I would like to ask you some questions, and discuss some ideas I have. This seemed like a nice secluded spot.

Will PM you when we're both on.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Boise, if you see this, I would like to ask you some questions, and discuss some ideas I have. This seemed like a nice secluded spot.

Will PM you when we're both on.

how exactly did you know I would find this sir?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how exactly did you know I would find this sir?

I didn't, really. That's what the PM business was to be about. I was really just reserving the space, if you will.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^This was Boise St's conference, though. But, whatever. Intros are over, brass tacks and all of that. I was looking at this forum:

Virginia Tech

And I noticed the view count was huge on the recruiting threads. I've been running some on the PSU site:

Penn State Nittany Lions

And every time I update the recruiting threads, the views jump up. There aren't as many as in the VT forum, but there aren't as many posts either. And it was pretty dramatic today, in terms of percentage. Question 1 - is it possible to make a thread only viewable to members? Because I think someone is linking to them, but people aren't joining/posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, whatever. Intros are over, brass tacks and all of that. I was looking at this forum:

Virginia Tech

And I noticed the view count was huge on the recruiting threads. I've been running some on the PSU site:

Penn State Nittany Lions

And every time I update the recruiting threads, the views jump up. There aren't as many as in the VT forum, but there aren't as many posts either. And it was pretty dramatic today, in terms of percentage. Question 1 - is it possible to make a thread only viewable to members? Because I think someone is linking to them, but people aren't joining.

not at the moment sir

we've brought this idea up before, not sure if it's possible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, question 2 - I don't know if you've seen this thread:

Big 10 recruiting rankings, but I was wondering if we could have a group of these for different conferences on the CFB main board, stickied? I have a spreadsheet and a couple of free sites that I can put together the rankings with. I would need to find some volunteers to work on the different conference standings, but I have some people in mind. You would be one of those (if you would be so willing), since you seem fairly detail-oriented, judging from what I saw in the Mock Draft thread. Might generate some traffic for the site, might be interesting content, since this is dead-time for CFB, except for recruiting.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, question 2 - I don't know if you've seen this thread:

Big 10 recruiting rankings, but I was wondering if we could have a group of these for different conferences on the CFB main board, stickied? I have a spreadsheet and a couple of free sites that I can put together the rankings with. I would need to find some volunteers to work on the different conference standings, but I have some people in mind. You would be one of those (if you would be so willing), since you seem fairly detail-oriented, judging from what I saw in the Mock Draft thread. Might generate some traffic for the site, might be interesting content, since this is dead-time for CFB, except for recruiting.

I certainly like the idea sir

I'll sticky the threads on all of these

I'll also help out once I finish my team by team W/L thread, which should be done by the end of the week.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok I got to check out for the night sir

go ahead and ask another question if you want to sir

and I'll answer it tomarrow afternoon most likely.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly like the idea sir

I'll sticky the threads on all of these

I'll also help out once I finish my team by team W/L thread, which should be done by the end of the week.

Yes, I've been following that - you're a workhorse, mate. The spreadsheet is actually easy to use, I've got some formulas and macros and such. I guess you would be interested in the Big East?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46+2, I guess you're wondering why I brought you here. Perhaps you should read these posts, and I would be wondering if you or one of your charge would be willing to take the ACC recruiting standings? The system I have is fairly simple. BTW, you've done a great job over there at VT board.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I've been following that - you're a workhorse, mate. The spreadsheet is actually easy to use, I've got some formulas and macros and such. I guess you would be interested in the Big East?

I'm guessing this will be ranked based on the new Big East?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing this will be ranked based on the new Big East?

900! I may catch you yet, sir.

I'm in a bit of a rush, but I thought Boise and the other teams were going to join the conference this year - but Wikipedia says it will be 2013. Hard to keep track of who is where and what is what, these days. You can have any conference(s) you want. I may have to do double duty. I went ahead and made up a spreadsheet for ACC (in case 46+2 is interested), and I'll work on some others when I have time tonight.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
900! I may catch you yet, sir.

I'm in a bit of a rush, but I thought Boise and the other teams were going to join the conference this year - but Wikipedia says it will be 2013. Hard to keep track of who is where and what is what, these days. You can have any conference(s) you want. I may have to do double duty. I went ahead and made up a spreadsheet for ACC (in case 46+2 is interested), and I'll work on some others when I have time tonight.

yeah it's 2013, but aren't these recruiting rankings for players that will be there that year?

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell

a party and no one invited me???????

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine doing the Hokie work, though I am getting a lot of info and help from my fellow posters. I would be 100% opposed to hiding threads to only those people who have accounts. In fact, a move like that percipitate me moving the recruiting info elsewhere. My philosophy has always been to have it as an open and free resource that has as much, and most of the time more, info than any pay site because I feel like pay sites are not cool, especially to the poor college student.

People don't need to sign up for anything to get my info. Lurkers are just as cool as contributors.

As far as other ACC stuff, I don't have the time to do it, and we don't have may other ACC fanbases I would talk to jeffro and boss sarge about running a page for UVA and ballboy and edisto for doing the same for Clemson. I will happily share knowledge with any other fanbase on recruits. Just ask me and i will dig up what I can.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine doing the Hokie work, though I am getting a lot of info and help from my fellow posters. I would be 100% opposed to hiding threads to only those people who have accounts. In fact, a move like that percipitate me moving the recruiting info elsewhere. My philosophy has always been to have it as an open and free resource that has as much, and most of the time more, info than any pay site because I feel like pay sites are not cool, especially to the poor college student.

People don't need to sign up for anything to get my info. Lurkers are just as cool as contributors.

As far as other ACC stuff, I don't have the time to do it, and we don't have may other ACC fanbases I would talk to jeffro and boss sarge about running a page for UVA and ballboy and edisto for doing the same for Clemson. I will happily share knowledge with any other fanbase on recruits. Just ask me and i will dig up what I can.

OK, and I certainly wouldn't limit access as a universal move, even if it was possible to do it for individual threads.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, and I certainly wouldn't advocate limiting access as a universal move, even if it was possible to do it for individual threads. It would be to the discretion of the individual mod - but since it is not even possible, I guess the point is moot.

FIFM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it's 2013, but aren't these recruiting rankings for players that will be there that year?

It looks complicated, and the Big East might not be so popular on this board. Maybe we should start with 1-2 conferences, and build up. Maybe the SEC (there are a lot of them on here), and see if it gets views. If so, add some more. If not, scrap it. I've got the initial spreadsheet ready for that one (I did ACC and Pac-12, too). It really only takes about 10-15 minutes to update the list, and I usually add a new post.