• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Stanley Cup Final Game 3: Los Angeles Kings @ New York Rangers, 6/9 5:00 PM, NBCSN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

Did Kings Score First Period Goal Against Rangers In Game 3 Due To Broken Clock? - Forbes

"Watching the game, I noticed that the clock had stopped for a couple of seconds with 18.9 seconds remaining in the period.

The puck was in the Kings zone at the time and I remember thinking back to before the game with play-by-play announcer Doc Emrick said the server at MSG was down (not sure exactly what that means) and wondered why the commentators did not say anything about the stopped clock before or after Carter’s goal?"
Thanks for the link. I read the article and then followed the feed to the CBS feed and I actually think that no time was lost. The clock does freeze at 18.9 but when it kicks back on, it's down to 14 already, so I think the display was malfunctioning, not the actual clock. At least, that's how I would interpret it.

VIDEO: Jeff Carter beats first-period buzzer to give Kings lead - CBSSports.com

This is the game feed that shows the clock stopping.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Finals of unbelievably stupid and immature bullshit, this takes the prize. Anyone who knows anything about hockey knew the Western Conference was far superior to the Eastern, and that the Kings had eliminated three teams that were far superior to the Rangers.

Given the above, anyone of average intelligence knew the Hawks-Kings winner was going to win the Cup. That was why it was so intense for players and fans of both teams. So now, all these idiotic excuses to explain the obvious???

Welcome to East Coast NHL bias at its most obvious. The outcome of this series was evident to anyone objective.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Finals of unbelievably stupid and immature bullshit, this takes the prize. Anyone who knows anything about hockey knew the Western Conference was far superior to the Eastern, and that the Kings had eliminated three teams that were far superior to the Rangers.

Given the above, anyone of average intelligence knew the Hawks-Kings winner was going to win the Cup. That was why it was so intense for players and fans of both teams. So now, all these idiotic excuses to explain the obvious???

Welcome to East Coast NHL bias at its most obvious. The outcome of this series was evident to anyone objective.

This. Excellent!