• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanely cup finals Pens Vs Sharks

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollack, guy has no brain. Sometimes he does something that makes no sense. Lucky he got away with that hit.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks D is a confused mess!!!!! Jones saving their arses!!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shots 32 to 15. Shows how crappy their D is and how great Jones has been.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot figure out this game..

Sharks get two nice goals get control of the game shut down the fans.. Then its back to playing sloppy-mistake ridden hockey and giving up two goals - and jones not looking really comfortable.

Really nice goal and assist by Logan and we get the lead.

2nd period.. where the hell were these guys? Its amazing how throwing a check and being aggressive really makes the Pens a lot slower. Why the hell didn't we do this a long time ago? Wait - why do we STOP doing it and do little confused looking spinnies in our zone? And WHAT THE FUCK... why is it for once in their (patty and joe) FUCKING career they can't just go hard to the net?! WHY WHY WHY? Why peel off and flip some soft pass that goes the other direction. Patty has done if before with great success iirc... now would be the time to do it. Go hard score or draw a penalty. good god.

If the Sharks could just start playing some consistent physical hockey they would stomp these guys tonight, but I keep seeing them lose focus or stop doing whats working and then its in our zone for 9 SOGs and 3 minutes. Thank god Jones got his game together tonight or this would be ugly.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example of how NOT to play in your own zone: Letang comes in 1 on 3 and they let him skate through and get the puck... and we spend the next 5 minutes in our zone. PLANT HIS ASS THROUGH THE GOD DAMN FLOOR! there's three of you there... ugh.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game, guys. Jones is a badass.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They live, if burns, Pavelski, and Thornton get going it could stretch out for 2 more games

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones just had the best playoff goaltending games in Sharks history. Under extreme pressure.

Couture/Marleau/Karlsson line good too.

Other than that, still a lot of problems. Stop dumping the puck along the boards to Penguins player over and over. Got to learn how to clear the puck and win some battles. Losing almost every battle and a step slow. Every defenseman sucked except Vlasic. Jones saved everyone's behind. Good to see all those fans inside and out not see the cup at home. At for tonight they survive, but they still need to do way way better. Not going to win two more games in row like this. Start the game great for about 3 minutes and little bit at the end of the 1st and then back to being dominated most the game. But thankfully Jones was a rock.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game, guys. Jones is a badass.

Pretty much he stole the game. Something previous goaltenders for Sharks never did, Niemi/Nabakov. Still they have to play WAY better to beat the Pens two more times. Still doing the same old crap and getting outworked and outhustled badly overall.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones just had the best playoff goaltending games in Sharks history. Under extreme pressure.

Couture/Marleau/Karlsson line good too.

Other than that, still a lot of problems. Stop dumping the puck along the boards to Penguins player over and over. Got to learn how to clear the puck and win some battles. Losing almost every battle and a step slow. Every defenseman sucked except Vlasic. Jones saved everyone's behind. Good to see all those fans inside and out not see the cup at home. At for tonight they survive, but they still need to do way way better. Not going to win two more games in row like this. Start the game great for about 3 minutes and little bit at the end of the 1st and then back to being dominated most the game. But thankfully Jones was a rock.

I thought that Braun had a pretty good game too - and he was super busy.

At some point they just need to realize that the "chip up the boards" play just means the Pen keep it in the zone. They really need to start moving their feet a lot more and making some smarter plays.. I don't know how you get them to do that.

I liked seeing more aggressive play and more checking - I wish they would just do that for 60 mins and force the pens to work a lot harder. Jones started off a little shaky but boy did he find his groove - but we can rely on him to just play like Hasek night after night.. hes going to need better support.

Lets hope we can pull this win out on Sunday and make it an interesting game 7!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the Sharks heavy game is starting to wear on the pens.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that Braun had a pretty good game too - and he was super busy.

At some point they just need to realize that the "chip up the boards" play just means the Pen keep it in the zone. They really need to start moving their feet a lot more and making some smarter plays.. I don't know how you get them to do that.

I liked seeing more aggressive play and more checking - I wish they would just do that for 60 mins and force the pens to work a lot harder. Jones started off a little shaky but boy did he find his groove - but we can rely on him to just play like Hasek night after night.. hes going to need better support.

Lets hope we can pull this win out on Sunday and make it an interesting game 7!

Braun was ok. He scored the first goal for the Pens :( He has a little difficulty in the physical game at times though.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun was ok. He scored the first goal for the Pens :( He has a little difficulty in the physical game at times though.

meh - I think Malkin just made a Gretzky like play off his skate... I am less upset about that and more upset about why Malkin has the good chance in the first place. Overall though they ALL have to be better in their own zone and that means all 5 on the ice.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sharks pull off the miracle on ice here

Jones might have to go down as the greatest goalie of all time. Just carry him off the ice and enshrine the guy!!!

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Guys, we gotta realize the Sharks are just two wins away from robbing the Cup from those fuckers. SJ needs to beat those whiny bastards down, over and over, until they slow to a crawl. Who wants it the most now is the key. So tired of that whining media darling Crosby (pussy won't remove his mouth guard when he drops the gloves), and all those other face-off cheaters who think they have this in the bag. This team has shown over and over again its resiliency unlike the past SJ teams. I think if you asked all the players at the beginning of the season if they'd take the position we're in now, they'd all grab that offer in a second. Steal it.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh - I think Malkin just made a Gretzky like play off his skate... I am less upset about that and more upset about why Malkin has the good chance in the first place. Overall though they ALL have to be better in their own zone and that means all 5 on the ice.

Correct, that pass should never gotten to Malkin. I agree all 5 players in the defensive zone are losing battles. Forwards aren't helping either.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot figure out this game..

Sharks get two nice goals get control of the game shut down the fans.. Then its back to playing sloppy-mistake ridden hockey and giving up two goals - and jones not looking really comfortable.

Really nice goal and assist by Logan and we get the lead.

2nd period.. where the hell were these guys? Its amazing how throwing a check and being aggressive really makes the Pens a lot slower. Why the hell didn't we do this a long time ago? Wait - why do we STOP doing it and do little confused looking spinnies in our zone? And WHAT THE FUCK... why is it for once in their (patty and joe) FUCKING career they can't just go hard to the net?! WHY WHY WHY? Why peel off and flip some soft pass that goes the other direction. Patty has done if before with great success iirc... now would be the time to do it. Go hard score or draw a penalty. good god.

If the Sharks could just start playing some consistent physical hockey they would stomp these guys tonight, but I keep seeing them lose focus or stop doing whats working and then its in our zone for 9 SOGs and 3 minutes. Thank god Jones got his game together tonight or this would be ugly.

I know what you mean when you say peeling off. I think I know the play you are referencing. I remember Thornton coming in in the 2nd period, peels off back to the blue line and throws a soft cross ice pass to a Penguin and the next thing you know Jones has to make a big save. Enough of that.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the Sharks heavy game is starting to wear on the pens.

I'd like to think so....but I don't know. Pens dominated a lot of the game again. Jones saved the day again....and now I get to go to Game 6...so I'm happy there!!
Here's how I see it....series is 3-2, and the Sharks have not played near their best yet....if they can establish THEIR game, they can win this. Hopefully that starts with the drop of the puck on Sunday!!