• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training Thread

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again maybe I'm thinking of someone else, who the fuck knows.....

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've said it many times, and I was very hurt every time you said it because it is my favorite show
Oh really? That's weird and I'm sorry it hurt you:ohwell: (that's my new favorite emoji).

But seriously, that must have been during my Oxy and cough medicine phase, because it seems odd. I don't really care for The Office, but it's not a show I really have much of an opinion about. I saw it sporadically when it aired, but haven't watched an episode since around when Carrell left it.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again maybe I'm thinking of someone else, who the fuck knows.....
No, it checks out

I don't even really like The Office but that's funny

(one of my milder declarations of disdain for something. Usually when I dislike something, I talk about it (or usually their fans) burning in hell)

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it checks out

(one of my milder declarations of disdain for something. Usually when I dislike something, I talk about it (or usually their fans) burning in hell)
Word. I heard they might be bringing the show back though. But I think Carrell doesn't want to do it. Personally I think they should bring it back with Rickey Gervais in Scranton.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice outing by Lively. let's get this thing started already.....

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big day for the dildoes. Luzinski DFA'd, Kingery makes opening day roster, Rhys and Fraudco go yard.....

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you scared by Kingery's walk rate? Not to be a Debbie Downer but it looks a little Fraudcoesque. I guess we'll have to watch it play out.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you scared by Kingery's walk rate? Not to be a Debbie Downer but it looks a little Fraudcoesque. I guess we'll have to watch it play out.
Meh, 8.8% BB% in 317 PA in AA (ignoring his time in AAA last year). It actually seems pretty good to me considering his age. An 8.8% BB% would put him 74th out of 144 qualified hitters in BB% last year. So he's already pretty passable in it, and he has time to age. Plate discipline is something you can develop, as opposed to speed or huge power or something.

Plus some guys just don't walk a whole ton because they swing at everything; some of those guys will still be really successful in MLB because (obviously) so many of the balls they swing at they put in play for hits. Jose Altuve had an 8.8% BB% rate in 2017; 6.1% BB% for his career.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, 8.8% BB% in 317 PA in AA (ignoring his time in AAA last year). It actually seems pretty good to me considering his age. An 8.8% BB% would put him 74th out of 144 qualified hitters in BB% last year. So he's already pretty passable in it, and he has time to age. Plate discipline is something you can develop, as opposed to speed or huge power or something.

Plus some guys just don't walk a whole ton because they swing at everything; some of those guys will still be really successful in MLB because (obviously) so many of the balls they swing at they put in play for hits. Jose Altuve had an 8.8% BB% rate in 2017; 6.1% BB% for his career.
Alright, I guess that is encouraging. But I really can't think of a ton of guys that developed plate discipline. Never worked for Jeff Francoeur, if he even tried.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word. I heard they might be bringing the show back though. But I think Carrell doesn't want to do it. Personally I think they should bring it back with Rickey Gervais in Scranton.
I watched a 40 minute episode of The Office earlier today. I always thought that show was kind of dumb when I was a kid; I must say now that I acknowledge and respect Steve Carrell's comedic vision. The show is fucking hilarious. Definitely going to check out some more episodes.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I guess that is encouraging. But I really can't think of a ton of guys that developed plate discipline. Never worked for Jeff Francoeur, if he even tried.
Robinson Cano had a 3.5% BB% in almost a full season in 2006. He got it up, but it was still at 4.1% in '08. Fast-forward to 2013 and he has a 9.5% BB%, which is a huge fucking improvement.

It's also cool to see how much better a hitter he became, by wRC+, after improving his BB% and cutting down a little on his O-Swing%

Robinson Cano » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a 40 minute episode of The Office earlier today. I always thought that show was kind of dumb when I was a kid; I must say now that I acknowledge and respect Steve Carrell's comedic vision. The show is fucking hilarious. Definitely going to check out some more episodes.
Yeah, it's weird how guys in his position always get real popular then get into movies and leave the show that made them famous. That was the perfect character for him. I guess he made a bunch more money in movies but I never watched them.
But I've seen all the Office episodes numerous times. It's a great background show when you're doing something else because there is no laugh track. Some interesting people in that show. The guy that played Ryan Howard wrote a book and did some standup. That Creed guy is an actual person that was in a band in the 60's or something and they wrote him into the show for some reason (I think maybe he was friends with one of the creators?)

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson Cano had a 3.5% BB% in almost a full season in 2006. He got it up, but it was still at 4.1% in '08. Fast-forward to 2013 and he has a 9.5% BB%, which is a huge fucking improvement.

It's also cool to see how much better a hitter he became, by wRC+, after improving his BB% and cutting down a little on his O-Swing%

Robinson Cano » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball
That's impressive. If it is possible then it would be nice to see someone teach it to Fraudco. Maybe Carlos Santana can help some of the other guys. He's always been a high OBP guy