• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this is a good idea for a sticky.

If you are commenting in a thread about a specific movie or show, you should feel safe in posting spoilers, unless the thread title states something to the effect of "Spoiler Free". Also, threads created for the purpose of trailers should be considered spoiler free.

However, feel free to post using spoiler tags. From @BusSport (slightly edited to make sense here)...

You could post on the thread and enclose spoilers within [ spoiler ] (remove the spaces around the square brackets) [ /spoiler ] tags like this:

This is a spoiler.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, threads created for the purpose of trailers should be considered spoiler free.

I think that should be more "spoiler-free until the movie is publicly released," because the usual practice has been that most threads that start out with the early posts being trailers transition into general discussion threads once the movie gets released.

If you're lucky enough to see a movie's early screening or a TV show's pre-public airing, you should avoid posting spoilers, except within spoiler tags, for the rest of us.

On opening weekend, from what I've observed in various threads in this forum, it's good courtesy to be somewhat vague on big spoilers or to enclose big spoilers in spoiler tags.

On later weeks, everything's open for discussion. If you haven't yet seen the show or movie after the show or movie has been publicly aired/released, it's common sense to not go into the thread for the show or movie.

Last edited:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spoiler alert button I could never get to work

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spoiler alert button I could never get to work

Instead of using the button, you can manually type out the tags in square brackets (and remember that the ending tag needs a forward slash after the opening square bracket), as described in the first post in this thread.

After posting, look over your post to make sure that the tags rendered properly to hide the spoiler. If not, click the edit button to edit the post to correct any syntax errors.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of using the button, you can manually type out the tags in square brackets (and remember that the ending tag needs a forward slash after the opening square bracket), as described in the first post in this thread.

After posting, look over your post to make sure that the tags rendered properly to hide the spoiler. If not, click the edit button to edit the post to correct any syntax errors.

eh... Too difficult for me. i'll stick with NOT posting spoilers

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Testing...

Lower case...

test

Capitalized...

test

Edit: capitalization does not appear to matter in your tags.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this thread is made because people don't know how to use the spoiler button?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
insert:duck:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we just set the rules on what a spoiler is. If you have not watched that season finale episode within three days of DVR'ing it, the rest of us should be allowed to talk about it. People cannot find an hour to watch the episode, but continue to complain. Cant open the recording, but can definitely open the threads.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we just set the rules on what a spoiler is. If you have not watched that season finale episode within three days of DVR'ing it, the rest of us should be allowed to talk about it. People cannot find an hour to watch the episode, but continue to complain. Cant open the recording, but can definitely open the threads.
I always avoid the Arrowverse thread if I am not caught up. That thread (or the GOT, TWD, ETC) should be totally open to immediate broadcast spoilers. Part of the fun is imediately posting your thoughts.

I think about 10 days from drop is fair on Netflix shows, though, since that requires binging.

Status
Not open for further replies.