• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

sox at pittsburgh

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee, awful quiet in here tonight :bored2: wasn't there a game?

If pitching is not there, we're going nowhere...and outside of Cease it hasn't been. 8 games in and and I'm pretty sure most White Sox diehards are approaching the acceptance phase at this point. You could see a "meh" team coming. I'd love to see it some other way, but it would take some serious mental gymnastics to get there.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's recap: The Giants scored 12....7......& 16 runs in Guaranteed Rate.

Giants head home to SF and squeak out 1 measly run against KC.
Same day, the Pirates, THE FREAKIN PIRATES, score 13 on us.

I hate baseball now.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If pitching is not there, we're going nowhere...and outside of Cease it hasn't been. 8 games in and and I'm pretty sure most White Sox diehards are approaching the acceptance phase at this point. You could see a "meh" team coming. I'd love to see it some other way, but it would take some serious mental gymnastics to get there.
i hear you, but even the realist (not pessimist :hmm:) that i claim to be sees it way too early to project a losing season when 2 of the starters have only thrown one game. it's why i don't say much, critically, this early in the season. yes, i'm concerned about giolito's 'comeback', about lynn's age and kopech's growth and the all around makeup of the pen, but, you gotta wait 3 or 4 weeks to get a more accurate reading on this team. hoping hendricks makes a comeback from his problems and crochet hits the ground running. sox finally realized ruiz sucked and dumped him. so there are things that can change and we just don't know yet.

but i am surprised everyone here seems suddenly so down already. and you guys call ME a pessimist! :rolleyes2:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hear you, but even the realist (not pessimist :hmm:) that i claim to be sees it way too early to project a losing season when 2 of the starters have only thrown one game. it's why i don't say much, critically, this early in the season. yes, i'm concerned about giolito's 'comeback', about lynn's age and kopech's growth and the all around makeup of the pen, but, you gotta wait 3 or 4 weeks to get a more accurate reading on this team. hoping hendricks makes a comeback from his problems and crochet hits the ground running. sox finally realized ruiz sucked and dumped him. so there are things that can change and we just don't know yet.

but i am surprised everyone here seems suddenly so down already. and you guys call ME a pessimist! :rolleyes2:

Our run differential is horrendous-right on par with what you would have expected from a team in the mid 2010's. We've given up 11 more runs than the 2nd worst team. Yes...It's only 8 games in but we're playing some really bad baseball. If it wasn't for Dylan Cease we'd be looking at 1 win right now with no upside in sight.

I mean seriously...We're 2-0 with Cease and 1-5 without. Runs allowed without him? 56 over 6 games...We're giving up over 9 runs per game when he doesn't pitch. That's not just "Oh, it's just a bad streak" production. That's "we're like 5 runs per game off of actually being a competitive team" production.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run differential is horrendous-right on par with what you would have expected from a team in the mid 2010's. We've given up 11 more runs than the 2nd worst team. Yes...It's only 8 games in but we're playing some really bad baseball. If it wasn't for Dylan Cease we'd be looking at 1 win right now with no upside in sight.

I mean seriously...We're 2-0 with Cease and 1-5 without. Runs allowed without him? 56 over 6 games...We're giving up over 9 runs per game when he doesn't pitch. That's not just "Oh, it's just a bad streak" production. That's "we're like 5 runs per game off of actually being a competitive team" production.
i get that. still ... too small a sample size.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hitting again tonight very well ... i like seeing that. i feel the pitching will come around some (can't continue as bad as they've been) and if they keep hitting like this they have a shot to do something.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the 3 Sox best wins have been with Clevinger starting. Doesn't feel right when you hate the starting pitcher.