• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sorta OT - Monarchs First Round

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 of the 7 matchups look to be that way. :noidea:

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that even the Kings AHL affiliate is getting screwed. They finish first in the East and Norfolk who qualified 8th gets home ice advantage. What kind of scheduling is that?

First-round series schedules set | The American Hockey League

Ox

From link above

"Unless building availability dictates otherwise, the best-of-five first-round series are in either a 2-2-1 format or a 2-3 format; in the 2-3 format, the higher seed has the option of playing the first two games or the last three games at home."

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From link above

"Unless building availability dictates otherwise, the best-of-five first-round series are in either a 2-2-1 format or a 2-3 format; in the 2-3 format, the higher seed has the option of playing the first two games or the last three games at home."

Thanks Blue. I completely missed that paragraph. Didn't even read it to be honest. I just saw that the first 2 were at Manchester and the next 3 in Norfolk. I also noticed the first 2 and the last 2 are back-to-back. Life in the AHL is tough even in the playoffs.

Ox

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 players I like in this series are Jordan Weal for the Monarchs and Emerson Etem for the Admirals. I think both players got what it takes to be major contributors in the NHL, too bad both Kings & Ducks have a lot of forward depth so we may not see that transpire.

Thanks for the link Ox, Calder Cup Playoffs are awesome, hope my Pens can beat the Sens.