• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soooo.....Michigan State

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the circus hasn’t left town yet. MSU is providing the clown show.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/.../09/michigan-state-basketball-r*pe/500624002/

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the circus hasn’t left town yet. MSU is providing the clown show.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/.../09/michigan-state-basketball-r*pe/500624002/

I saw that yesterday in the paper. Definitely not good for MSU and from the sounds of it, this girl went the school counselors about it — so I’m sure she has names of those she talked with.

Mike Valenti on 97.1 also found out about it right before going off the air and he sounded like he was going to go crazy and they had to go off air for the Tigers game. I’m sure he will have more info today at 2 pm.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that I don't even feel like posting these links when I see them anymore? It's like every few weeks it's just something worse. What's worse is all the ass-hats in the comments trashing this girl.
It’s been beyond pathetic for awhile now. I just hope no one is making up claims for a free pay day.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. And I was just starting to enjoy the Valenti show again.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. And I was just starting to enjoy the Valenti show again.
He was very congratulatory towards Michigan basketball, of course he had to take a shot at the fanbase unfortunately.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was very congratulatory towards Michigan basketball, of course he had to take a shot at the fanbase unfortunately.

At least he wasn't screaming at the top of his lungs flipping out. But ya, he is always passive aggressive when forced to acknowledge that MI did something good.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's gonna happen to Mich State?

Do any of you in the Big10 Know?

What will the Big10 Do to them or the NCAA? They all relented nd let Penn State
off the hook.

Now what do they do?

All these reinvestigations are gonna pile up. Once they started reinvestigating you knew
they were going to find something, even if they had to make something up.

I still can't help but think when you combine this crap with the basketball Federal Investigation
and all the wrong doing that has uncovered we're gonna see a different NCAA.

The Big10 has always pointed with pride to institutions with character and integrity. Well, all we're
seeing is a bunch of Universities with a bunch of Characters dragging sports thru the mud. No regard
for law and order. Everybody and everything you have always been critical of you have become OR
you always were, but you just covered it up better.

So what will be the end result? What does the Big10 and/or the NCAA do? Hell, Penn State is still
making excuses for Paterno.

I don't believe you can just walk away from this anymore.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's gonna happen to Mich State?

Do any of you in the Big10 Know?

What will the Big10 Do to them or the NCAA? They all relented nd let Penn State
off the hook.

Now what do they do?

All these reinvestigations are gonna pile up. Once they started reinvestigating you knew
they were going to find something, even if they had to make something up.

I still can't help but think when you combine this crap with the basketball Federal Investigation
and all the wrong doing that has uncovered we're gonna see a different NCAA.

The Big10 has always pointed with pride to institutions with character and integrity. Well, all we're
seeing is a bunch of Universities with a bunch of Characters dragging sports thru the mud. No regard
for law and order. Everybody and everything you have always been critical of you have become OR
you always were, but you just covered it up better.

So what will be the end result? What does the Big10 and/or the NCAA do? Hell, Penn State is still
making excuses for Paterno.

I don't believe you can just walk away from this anymore.
This most recent event, off first glance, reminds me of the quick snap shot of the Jamies Winston case. Except where the police were pressuring the alleged victim not to file charges, you allegedly have the university doing it here. It is just more of the same from the university with them handling things in the worst way possible.

The one issue we have right now is that the NCAA did nothing to the Baylor football team after they had an alleged 54 sexual assaults over four years, that’s just one team. I do fully expect them to be hammered with a lack of institutional control, because there was no control. If you separate the Nassar incident apart from the football and basketball teams, it lessens the damage, but is still unacceptable with the frequency.

Lastly, I don’t see anyone making excuses for what is going on in East Lansing, so it is very different than the PSU case.

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article:

What the fuck? That's a crime?

I have to give props to Lansing (where MSU is) — they have some interesting choices when pleading down in court cases. The MSU player who punched the girl at the bar, he plead down to littering charge, I believe.

I feel bad for MSU right now — they are getting any and every story put in the national media right now.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give props to Lansing (where MSU is) — they have some interesting choices when pleading down in court cases. The MSU player who punched the girl at the bar, he plead down to littering charge, I believe.

I feel bad for MSU right now — they are getting any and every story put in the national media right now.
There was a news report that reported that throughout every college town in the state, that they do the same type of plea deals. The same girl who got punched in the face, got busted for DUI and possession of marijuana, plead it down to the same littering charge.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This most recent event, off first glance, reminds me of the quick snap shot of the Jamies Winston case. Except where the police were pressuring the alleged victim not to file charges, you allegedly have the university doing it here. It is just more of the same from the university with them handling things in the worst way possible.

The one issue we have right now is that the NCAA did nothing to the Baylor football team after they had an alleged 54 sexual assaults over four years, that’s just one team. I do fully expect them to be hammered with a lack of institutional control, because there was no control. If you separate the Nassar incident apart from the football and basketball teams, it lessens the damage, but is still unacceptable with the frequency.

Lastly, I don’t see anyone making excuses for what is going on in East Lansing, so it is very different than the PSU case.

Let's not forget Tennessee either.

But that's not what I'm asking. I want to know what the Big10 and/or NCAA is gonna do about
all of this stuff.

MSU is not hiding nothing now, but they sure as hell have in the past. Same with Penn St.
Same with Baylor. Same with Tennessee. Fisher hid stuff at FSU, but not the school. That's
how we lost a million dollars in a settlement. Fisher hid it, at the start from the Title IX officer.

That was another reason why FSU wasn't broken up about Fisher going. He blew his trust
with Thrasher on the Winston deal.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a news report that reported that throughout every college town in the state, that they do the same type of plea deals. The same girl who got punched in the face, got busted for DUI and possession of marijuana, plead it down to the same littering charge.

I know they do plea deals — it is up to the county what they plea down to. I was just laughing that EL chose littering as the plea deal to use. My guess is, it is the biggest fine they will pay without having something on your permanent record.

They talked about it on 97.1 — said like 75% of assault cases in EL take plea deals of littering over the last ‘x’ amount of years. I don’t know if that is 100% true, but it was Valenti making the comment, so I’m guessing it is.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on MSU:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...rivacy-laws-statement-r*pe-lawsuit/509906002/

Michigan State University likely violated at least one federal student privacy law, and maybe another campus crime reporting law, when it issued a statement Wednesday detailing counseling center visits by a student who is suing the school, experts said.

Wow — I just read the article. MSU is really doing itself absolutely no favors — they are literally adding gasoline to the fire.