• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soooo.....Michigan State

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see this?
Costs From Nassar Case Likely to Exceed $500 Million for Michigan State

The important bit not behind a pay wall:

"Michigan State’s primary insurance policy, reviewed through a public records request by The Wall Street Journal, caps coverage for sexual assault at $39 million per policy year."

“I don’t know if it would force bankruptcy (for the university) or not,” Mr. Engler said in a Michigan State Senate appropriations subcommittee hearing earlier this month. “I hope not.”
No I have not seen that. What’s crazy is the fact that universities have a cap that is upwards of $25 million per year. How much is actually being spent on sexual assaults at universities. Then you have MSU blowing past that $39 million around 10 fold.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I have not seen that. What’s crazy is the fact that universities have a cap that is upwards of $25 million per year. How much is actually being spent on sexual assaults at universities. Then you have MSU blowing past that $39 million around 10 fold.
And it gets better:

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...dia-accounts-nassar-victims-others/447378002/

"A public relations firm billed MSU for more than $500,000 for January as it tracked social media activity surrounding the Larry Nassar case, which often included the accounts of victims and their families, journalists, celebrities and politicians."

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it gets better:

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...dia-accounts-nassar-victims-others/447378002/

"A public relations firm billed MSU for more than $500,000 for January as it tracked social media activity surrounding the Larry Nassar case, which often included the accounts of victims and their families, journalists, celebrities and politicians."
Money well spent :L
Jesus Christ the absurdity of all this is just hard to wrap my head around. All of this was to protect and enable a “physician” for women gymnasts. This should have been nipped much earlier on, including at worst having an observer in the room while he was doing exams AND MAKING SURE THAT IT IS BEING FUCKING DONE when the first complaint was made. This is absolutely sickening the amount of ineptitude going on. But this is what happens when you have someone who abuses his position to sexually harass women in charge of overseeing someone who is sexually assaulting girls/women.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money well spent :L
Jesus Christ the absurdity of all this is just hard to wrap my head around. All of this was to protect and enable a “physician” for women gymnasts. This should have been nipped much earlier on, including at worst having an observer in the room while he was doing exams AND MAKING SURE THAT IT IS BEING FUCKING DONE when the first complaint was made. This is absolutely sickening the amount of ineptitude going on. But this is what happens when you have someone who abuses his position to sexually harass women in charge of overseeing a someone who is sexually assaulting girls/women.
I just love the irony that a PR firm did this, knowing that any of their activities could be seen by a FOI request. I'm shocked MSU actually had a PR firm for this, given the mounting number of poorly managed things.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love the irony that a PR firm did this, knowing that any of their activities could be seen by a FOI request. I'm shocked MSU actually had a PR firm for this, given the mounting number of poorly managed things.
And it absolutely would have been pulled and it should be made known so any other fuckhead university wants to think about hiding this shit has an idea at what the costs are. Since MSU didn’t learn from PSU’s example, put their head on the chopping block.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this still a "thing"? Because someone did a great job of burying it
Depends on what “thing” you are talking about. If you are talking about the ineptitude with the Nassar/administration that is going to be going on for a while because there was a lot of disgustingness going on at the university that needs a deep cleansing. If you are talking about the sexual assault cases for the former Spartan players, they are finally going to trial next month.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the first one, yes using a picture honoring a dead former player is going to cause a controversy and I don’t buy the “oh it’s just a stock photo” excuse by ESPN. They knew it would cause a stir and get more clicks for the article. They have turned into a clickbait company.

Best of luck to JWJ. He will always be a hero in East Lansing for one of the craziest endings in college football. Hope he thrives wherever he goes.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well......since we're now talking about dead Spartans......

bubba_smith_AP110803056131.jpg

.....we can't forget the G.O.A.T.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...0/25/crowds-chanted-kill-bubba-kill/92726688/

Kill, Bubba, Kill!

Last edited:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how I feel about this. I am leaning to the side that justice was not done because they aren’t serving any jail time according to that article. But without knowing all of the details in the case and not seeing the video, I don’t really know how shaky the state’s case was.
Who knows ... they might not be guilty. It's a he said she said.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows ... they might not be guilty. It's a he said she said.
Not exactly, there is video of this happening so it could be her smiling and partying it up, or she could be crying and scared. Who knows though.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly, there is video of this happening so it could be her smiling and partying it up, or she could be crying and scared. Who knows though.
I didn't realise they had a vid of it. In that case they're fvkd.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realise they had a vid of it. In that case they're fvkd.
I believe Corley recorded the incident on his cell phone and that was part of his initial charges.