• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some film on thomas

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill preface what I am about to say by understanding that this was really his rookie year so he still has room to grow. But if he can't learn to cover deep, he will never be more than a backup. There are just way too many times where both safeties have to play deep and make a big play. So the best that can be said about Thomas right now is he is a prospect that can develop.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill preface what I am about to say by understanding that this was really his rookie year so he still has room to grow. But if he can't learn to cover deep, he will never be more than a backup. There are just way too many times where both safeties have to play deep and make a big play. So the best that can be said about Thomas right now is he is a prospect that can develop.

hence , could be a keeper , he has only played in what ? 2 starts and a handful of plays in some others ?

you are 100% he needs to learn to play off the LOS or he will be a backup but i think he has a good shot at being able to do that . Now that doesnt mean we are off the hook at safety . we still need to draft so prospects

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been looking forward to seeing Thomas since they drafted him. Sure he was a rookie but he's not green, he's been around. Gotta be honest, kind of disappointed. As j_says you got to be able to cover in space or you are of no use.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been looking forward to seeing Thomas since they drafted him. Sure he was a rookie but he's not green, he's been around. Gotta be honest, kind of disappointed. As j_says you got to be able to cover in space or you are of no use.

yeah but lets not base that off a handful of starts . right now it is showing up but perhaps he will get the hang of it next season .

not saying he will master it but its too early to say he cant . he was a ball hawk in college so there is potential