• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So with the 5th pick.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty straightforward

Looking for opinions on the 5th pick in my biggest money league

12 teams, PPR

Assuming chalk the first 4 RBs

Barkley
AB
Kamara
Hopkins

I guess those are my serious considerations

Which way would you guys lean?

I'm in NY and have some Giant die hards in the league, so my pipe dream is someone in the Top 4 reaches for Barkley and leaves me David Johnson

Thanks

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty straightforward

Looking for opinions on the 5th pick in my biggest money league

12 teams, PPR

Assuming chalk the first 4 RBs

Barkley
AB
Kamara
Hopkins

I guess those are my serious considerations

Which way would you guys lean?

I'm in NY and have some Giant die hards in the league, so my pipe dream is someone in the Top 4 reaches for Barkley and leaves me David Johnson

Thanks
I think the more realistic pipe dream would be the Barkley reach and leaving you Zeke..but honestly any of the big 4, should they fall (someone could jump on AB too), are the easy call. But if your right on the chalk picks, I would only have two options, Brown or Hopkins. And honestly I thinks its personal preference as to which. Flip a coin type stuff.

One more risky option if some of those die hards are behind you, take Barkley with the intention of dealing him for something like a Julio Jones and CMac..but that's awfully risky. Might not have the right combo of a Barkley die hard who also happened to draft a very great WR and a really good ppr RB1-2

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the more realistic pipe dream would be the Barkley reach and leaving you Zeke..but honestly any of the big 4, should they fall (someone could jump on AB too), are the easy call. But if your right on the chalk picks, I would only have two options, Brown or Hopkins. And honestly I thinks its personal preference as to which. Flip a coin type stuff.

One more risky option if some of those die hards are behind you, take Barkley with the intention of dealing him for something like a Julio Jones and CMac..but that's awfully risky. Might not have the right combo of a Barkley die hard who also happened to draft a very great WR and a really good ppr RB1-2

Doing some mocks, taking AB or Hopkins at 5, another elite WR in round 2, and Kelce in Round 3, than piling up some rookie upside RBs, I did kinda like the looks of how that worked out

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of taking Barkley also to use as trade bait and if no one pays you a kings share then keep him. He should be almost as productive if not more than most the first round end minus the top 4

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this...............but if DJ or Zeke are there at 5, that's who I take.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me brown at #5 in a full PPR league until BigBen retires

not very often you see a QB just chuck anything towards the same WR like Ben does with AB, regardless of coverage

even more rare that the WR catches it as often as Brown does

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing some mocks, taking AB or Hopkins at 5, another elite WR in round 2, and Kelce in Round 3, than piling up some rookie upside RBs, I did kinda like the looks of how that worked out
If I went WR round 1, I’d do just that. Won’t be a bad way to go. Although I’d most likely take Kamara or Barkley myself. Both those RBs will catch a lot of passes and plenty of rushing yards. Then draft WR, WR.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB is generally the model of consistency. That said, how does JuJu factor into AB's looks? There is mild talk of Vance McDonald having a strong year. And oh yeah, OC Todd Haley isn't calling the plays anymore. Maybe this all has no affect on AB? There certainly are a lot of owners assuming it doesn't.

Meanwhile Kamara had as many receptions as LeVeon Bell and 2016's David Johnson playing half the time. The Saints have already said they want to make him the feature back and he gets a good head start with Ingram suspended for 4 games. Keep in mind Kamara finished in the top 10 playing half the time and he's promised more than his 120 rushing attempts from last year.

I think pick 5 is a slam dunk. But not with AB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB is generally the model of consistency. That said, how does JuJu factor into AB's looks? There is mild talk of Vance McDonald having a strong year. And oh yeah, OC Todd Haley isn't calling the plays anymore. Maybe this all has no affect on AB? There certainly are a lot of owners assuming it doesn't.

Meanwhile Kamara had as many receptions as LeVeon Bell and 2016's David Johnson playing half the time. The Saints have already said they want to make him the feature back and he gets a good head start with Ingram suspended for 4 games. Keep in mind Kamara finished in the top 10 playing half the time and he's promised more than his 120 rushing attempts from last year.

I think pick 5 is a slam dunk. But not with AB.

Interesting take, and I'm hard targeting Ju Ju in all my drafts, I think he does steal a ton of targets, Ben seemed very comfortable with him in his rookie season, and that's not to mention having to feed Leveon his touches

I'm trying to convince myself not to go with AB, thanks for the help

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley leaves with groin trouble today

With those tree trunks, that could be alarming

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

If you go WR, the answer is Brown.

If you go RB, Kamara is the choice.

Taking Hopkins over Brown is like taking a dime over a quarter. Hopkins is outstanding. But Brown is next level and his consistency is worth paying for.

Reactions: DUB

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Taking Hopkins over Brown is like taking a dime over a quarter. Hopkins is outstanding. But Brown is next level and his consistency is worth paying for.
Brown just limped off the field

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of taking Barkley also to use as trade bait and if no one pays you a kings share then keep him. He should be almost as productive if not more than most the first round end minus the top 4

This would only be a sound strategy if you rank Barkley ahead of Kamara.

Because drafting a player with the intention of dealing him is a strategy that can backfire horribly.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins would be my choice.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take, and I'm hard targeting Ju Ju in all my drafts, I think he does steal a ton of targets, Ben seemed very comfortable with him in his rookie season, and that's not to mention having to feed Leveon his touches

I'm trying to convince myself not to go with AB, thanks for the help

Juju is a good player, but he careful.

He is pretty overrated, IMO. Just don't see any way he outproduces his ADP the way the Steeler offense hyper focuses on Bell and Brown.

That is unless 1 gets hurt.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juju is a good player, but he careful.

He is pretty overrated, IMO. Just don't see any way he outproduces his ADP the way the Steeler offense hyper focuses on Bell and Brown.

That is unless 1 gets hurt.
Brown just jumped off the field!!!!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Except dimes aren't more expensive than quarters sometimes...like last year.

Dime, quarter...flip it if you don't have personal preference, imo.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except dimes aren't more expensive than quarters sometimes...like last year.

Dime, quarter...flip it if you don't have personal preference, imo.

Hopkins could absolutely outscore Brown. It is possible.

But what is more likely to happen?

LeSean McCoy could outscore LeVeon Bell. But I am not betting on that.