• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the McGregor superfight is happening...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News breaking late today that McGregor is gonna move up in weight to fight Dos Anjos for the Lightweight title on March 5th in Las Vegas. I didn't actually think UFC would do it since they haven't pushed fights like this in past even though they've had opportunities but they really like pushing McGregor.

Also, Miesha Tate is getting a title shot vs Holly Holm.

Prediction: This is the night UFC's dreams are crushed as both McGregor and Holm (hurting her rematch draw with Rousey) lose

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News breaking late today that McGregor is gonna move up in weight to fight Dos Anjos for the Lightweight title on March 5th in Las Vegas. I didn't actually think UFC would do it since they haven't pushed fights like this in past even though they've had opportunities but they really like pushing McGregor.

Also, Miesha Tate is getting a title shot vs Holly Holm.

Prediction: This is the night UFC's dreams are crushed as both McGregor and Holm (hurting her rematch draw with Rousey) lose

I think Connor loses for sure.

The fact that Holm is fighting Tate already leads me to believe that Rousey will not be back for a long long time if at all.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched much of Dos Anjos, but I could see Connor lasting awhile in the heavier division.

I thought Holm had to wait for Rousey... what happened?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holm wanted to fight sooner. That would be too long of a wait for her between fights. I think she will keep her title. She has much better stand up than Tate & she isn't easy to take down. When/if the fight goes to the ground Holm has the skills to deal with Tate. My guess is that Holm would cause Rousey to retire if they fight again at UFC 200.

I think that Dos Anjos will win. However, he needs to fight a better strategic fight than Aldo did. McGregor has great movement & accurate punches so he could win if he catches Dos Anjos with a left hand while standing.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is how much does Dos Anjos weigh on fight night. McGregor should have more power since he is not force to shed those extra 10 pounds for weigh in, I am guessing he usually walks around at 150-155, does Dos Anjos get back up to 160?

I just do not see Dana wanting Tate to get that belt, it seemed like he tried to find anyone else to warm Holm up for Rousey to retain. I think any sign of taking just a bit too much will end the fight to save the gate for Holm Rousey. I do see Holm vs cyborg in her future though, win or lose against Rousey.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is how much does Dos Anjos weigh on fight night. McGregor should have more power since he is not force to shed those extra 10 pounds for weigh in, I am guessing he usually walks around at 150-155, does Dos Anjos get back up to 160?

More. A lot more. Guys may not be able to cut (and gain) as drastically as before without the assistance of IVs, and some guys don't cut as aggressively, but most still probably cut at least 10%. Dos Anjos is big enough he could fight at welterweight, so I would guess his walkaround is 185+, and weighs at least 170-175 by fight night. McGregor's "walkaround" is probably 170+, but if he were going to make that jump permanently/semi-permanently, he'd probably bulk up a bit more as well.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dos Anjos will be so much stronger than any FW that McGregor has fought in the UFC. Dos Anjos is used to fighting bigger guys with more reach than the FW's McGregor has been fighting. Dos Anjos hits and kicks with a lot of power. I think Dos Anjos will get the fight to the ground and do much more damage than Mendes was able to do. He could submit Connor or more likely ground and pound him into his first UFC loss. I think Dos Anjos has to be careful when they are standing but Dos Anjos has a big advantage in the fight overall. McGregor will feel the difference between fighting LW's in Cage Warriors Fighting Championship & the UFC. McGregor started with FW fights in the UFC and bypassed the competition of guys his size and strength. It was a good strategy by McGregor for his career in the UFC.