• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So.....Magpul is still in Erie, CO

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad their consumers are putting pressure on them to move. Just hope those same consumers do remember that it can take months for a factory to move all of their infrastructure to another state. Be paitent it will happen. Now I wish Beretta would move out of Maryland.

BTW: Ithaca is not leaving Ohio... They are just opening up another factory in South Carolina due to needing more room to produce Over-under and single barrel sporting shotguns. (I guess they have some family connections to the state.) Great job by those folks from Ohio saving a historic New York gun company.

Remington its your turn to move.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the article references HiViz who started moving into their new facility in Laramie last month and will be completely divorced from CO by 2014

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really understand why people think they should have any say in whether or not a company moves. So you don't agree with certain policies. Tough shit. Welcome to life.

Timkid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really understand why people think they should have any say in whether or not a company moves. So you don't agree with certain policies. Tough shit. Welcome to life.

Its not people magpul told Colorado politicians if the laws passed they would move. Its about standing behind their word.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no doubt that they will move, it just takes time to move a large company completely out of a state - and I don't think some people understand that.

With that said, I think Magpul did get a lot of free advertising from stating they were moving out of Colorado after the gun laws passed. A lot of gun owners stood up and bought more of their products because of it. If they just flat out lied and didn't move, I think some people would have a genuine reason to be upset (if they supported the company through purchases). It would be like buying a product that says "made in USA" only to find out it's made in China.

Ultimately, you can't do anything about the company breaking their word - other than to not buy their product.

Timkid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a thread over in ar15dotcom one of the members says he talked to a high up at magpul. And stated they are trying to secure multiple sites to build new plants. I assume that the plan is to build multiple sites so if this ever happens again they dont have all the eggs in one basket. I do agree with maze if they dont move it makes them look like fear mongers just trying to make a quick buck. At that point people who pay attention to gun companies and gun laws will stop buying their product. Just like most who follow guns, companies and laws dont buy from cheaper than dirt, because of the jacking up prices every time something happens to make more and fear monger.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love magpul. Great stuff. From what I heard they are trying to leave the HQ there and move the production plants elsewhere.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love magpul. Great stuff. From what I heard they are trying to leave the HQ there and move the production plants elsewhere.

HQ is moving to Texas and production/distribution is moving to Cheyenne