• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smoking hot Red Sox visit reeling Rangers 05/03-05/06

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
64 pitches already for Sale and not even through 5 yikes!

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing series.

The game yesterday was a kick to the nuts. Oh well it’s over and done with and we didn’t get swept.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Maz has a premium arm but that in and of itself does not make him a premium left fielder but yes they does not make him destined for 1B as some have reported

2. Profar's throws have been suspect but I am not ready to dismiss his skill set there. Let's see how all this plays out even with Odor. Profar's character and fight at the plate though is an example to be emulated.

Missed the game but saw Maz throw and Rua got a HR. Going to be another move soon with Odor back on squad and eventually Tocci if the choose to hold him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Maz has a premium arm but that in and of itself does not make him a premium left fielder but yes they does not make him destined for 1B as some have reported

2. Profar's throws have been suspect but I am not ready to dismiss his skill set there. Let's see how all this plays out even with Odor. Profar's character and fight at the plate though is an example to be emulated.

Missed the game but saw Maz throw and Rua got a HR. Going to be another move soon with Odor back on squad and eventually Tocci if the choose to hold him.
Not long ago DDJ was not a CF prospect either but things can change i a hurry. Maz will play in OF. Where? IDK but he will play and not DH.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not long ago DDJ was not a CF prospect either but things can change i a hurry. Maz will play in OF. Where? IDK but he will play and not DH.

DDJ has done better then I thought he would in CF. Yeah odds are Maz keeps RF for a couple of years minimum.

I really like more of a platoon half day rest ideally for DH but with Choo now and Calhoun later. I doubt that happens.

Overall defense has not been a strength for Rangers. IMO defense and good situational hitting has been underestimated. It helps you win close games

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all those pundits who say, 'Maz is a DH of the future' I say....... :bullshit:

I missed that. I heard 1B nothing more. Was that mentioned in the game today?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DDJ has done better then I thought he would in CF. Yeah odds are Maz keeps RF for a couple of years minimum.

I really like more of a platoon half day rest ideally for DH but with Choo now and Calhoun later. I doubt that happens.

Overall defense has not been a strength for Rangers. IMO defense and good situational hitting has been underestimated. It helps you win close games
You are right on our defense but we do have guys playing all over the place and there ever was a good time for someone to learn a new position this is the time. I think of Gallo as a primary person. Normally from what I was always taught when playing baseball the strongest arm was in RF. So that in of itself may keep Maz there. So agree with those of you who stated that. Profar has been about everywhere at the MLB level it seems except SS. But I could see him as our 3B of the future. Andrus needs to stay as a part of what is going on with the Rangers right now.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where what would they play him right now??

IKF is regressing some, to me, probably to the mean and Profar is looking better, but his struggles with throws at SS are worrisome long term, I see him more as a 3b or 2b at this point

A good SS always profiles better defensively than a 2B. Profar can do both but yes he needs to do better with his throws. I attribute that to injury sort of like TJS. We can give it to the break and by then we can see how Odor progresses.

IKF had a bad AB in the 8th yesterday. Bad approach. How did he look today?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on defense being a strength. Without it wins will come sparingly.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right on our defense but we do have guys playing all over the place and there ever was a good time for someone to learn a new position this is the time. I think of Gallo as a primary person. Normally from what I was always taught when playing baseball the strongest arm was in RF. So that in of itself may keep Maz there. So agree with those of you who stated that. Profar has been about everywhere at the MLB level it seems except SS. But I could see him as our 3B of the future. Andrus needs to stay as a part of what is going on with the Rangers right now.

Who do you think profiles as a better 1B, Gallo or Maz? Probably better not to switch IMO too but starting from scratch I think Gallo would be better. Would you rather replace Beltre with Gallo or Profar?

I think players will be unloadEd but who depends upon needs of other teams too.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit's turn to pad our win totals against the lowly rangers.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think profiles as a better 1B, Gallo or Maz? Probably better not to switch IMO too but starting from scratch I think Gallo would be better. Would you rather replace Beltre with Gallo or Profar?

I think players will be unloadEd but who depends upon needs of other teams too.

Answer to first question, Guzman, but based on choices given Gallo; Mazara has never played infield as far as I know, he's strictly been an OFer

Answer to 2nd, profar

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer to first question, Guzman, but based on choices given Gallo; Mazara has never played infield as far as I know, he's strictly been an OFer

Answer to 2nd, profar
Agree all the way. I didn't have Gallo at 1B but LF. We need to stick with a young player at 1B in Guzman. We have given up in the past on a number of our young guys at that position. He has the glove and I think his bat will come around.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going through the thread after not being able to check in over the weekend. Can't believe Profar's bonehead play on Saturday night didn't get more attention. Dude just held the ball as the runner just scampered home. My 11 year old nephew has more baseball sense than that.