• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smartwatches. ??

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apple be de ghey mane

I have the moto 360 with the stainless band. I think it was like $230 on Amazon. The rubber banded ones are cheaper though.

motorola_moto_360_smart_watch_launched_2.jpg

'dat waterproof? I think my 27 dollar model is to 100'.

You gotta have the metal band. That plastic rubber shit is hot and itchy. I'm still gonna get the Samsung because you don't need your phone around to use it...it's a phone in itself.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'dat waterproof? I think my 27 dollar model is to 100'.

You gotta have the metal band. That plastic rubber shit is hot and itchy. I'm still gonna get the Samsung because you don't need your phone around to use it...it's a phone in itself.

It is IP67 certified....which is the same as my galaxy S5 (i think i remember you having one too?)

Which (to me anyways) means you can get it moderatly wet in spurts or possibly on accident (I dropped my S5 in a bucket of water the other day and it came out unscathed)..........but don't push it. I wouldn't go swimming with either or purposely submerge them to show off to people, but it should be good to go in everyday rain or accidental situations.

Breakdown on the IP certifications if you aren't familiar.

galaxy-s5-ip67-certification-chart-640x233.png

I thought about getting the Gear S but just couldn't justify the extra money up front or the extra money per month for an extra phone line. It was one of those cool options (to me) that wouldn't necessarily hurt, but not something I would ever use. I really like how the screen curves with your wrist on it. I still prefer the old skool round watch though, personally.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real con to me with this moto 360 is the battery life. It's not atrocious, but it's not great either. After moderate usage you will be needing to find a charger in 10-12 hours.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real con to me with this moto 360 is the battery life. It's not atrocious, but it's not great either. After moderate usage you will be needing to find a charger in 10-12 hours.
Looks like the biggest con would be that it makes you a big ol fheg.

:noidea:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...I'll have to look up the Samsung battery life before buying. The el cheapo easily lasts all day and most of a 2nd day.

With Verizon the extra phone line is 5 bucks per month. Considering I forget my phone constantly (left it home today) it's worth it for muah.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was going to commit to a smartwatch, I hear the LG G Watch R is by far best on the market atm.. Pretty damn pricey though..

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the biggest con would b
e that it makes you a big ol fheg.

:noidea:
jealous is the night when da mone'n comes
Hmm...I'll have to look up the Samsung battery life before buying. The el cheapo easily lasts all day and most of a 2nd day.

With Verizon the extra phone line is 5 bucks per month. Considering I forget my phone constantly (left it home today) it's worth it for muah.

Yea i go the non-contract route and pre-pay for 6-months to a year of cell service at the time though so it's not really an option through my carrier like it is the big contract companies. I do only pay $250 for 6 months of unlimited everything cell service though. :dance:

Here's a good article comparing and contrasting the 360 and Gear S.

Moto 360 vs. Samsung Gear S: Up close

If I was going to commit to a smartwatch, I hear the LG G Watch R is by far best on the market atm.. Pretty damn pricey though..

The G watch is pretty similar to the 360. There are pros/cons to each of them. Neither is "by far the best" though. Really just depends on which one you prefer aesthetically and which one suits your needs the most.

The 3 I considered getting were the 360, G, and Gear S. I ended up getting the 360 primarily because I preferred the look of it, I didn't need the stand alone cell feature of the Gear S, and the battery difference in the 360/G wasn't a significant enough deterrent. The wireless QI charging of the 360 is also a nice feature that helped put it over the top with me.

Moto 360 vs. LG G Watch R: Up close with the best round smartwatches

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 I considered getting were the 360, G, and Gear S. I ended up getting the 360 primarily because I preferred the look of it, I didn't need the stand alone cell feature of the Gear S, and the battery difference in the 360/G wasn't a significant enough deterrent. The wireless QI charging of the 360 is also a nice feature that helped put it over the top with me.

Moto 360 vs. LG G Watch R: Up close with the best round smartwatches
Yeah I hear that.. I really want a wireless charger for my s6.. And I agree aesthetically, the 360 looks much better than the G Watch R, but the specs of the latter is so nice.. Plus the G has a nice look in itself of actually looking like a real watch... But the metal 360 is very nice indeed.. I pretty much narrow it down to those two and maybe a Pebble..

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hear that.. I really want a wireless charger for my s6.. And I agree aesthetically, the 360 looks much better than the G Watch R, but the specs of the latter is so nice.. Plus the G has a nice look in itself of actually looking like a real watch... But the metal 360 is very nice indeed.. I pretty much narrow it down to those two and maybe a Pebble..
I've got the Samsung QI receiving back cover on my S5 and love it. I have the below alarm clock that has a QI charging pad built in so I just sit my S5 on top of my alarm clock at night and don't have to fumble around with those wires all the time. I fucking love that alarm clock. It is bluetooth enabled too so you can listen to music on it or answer calls with its built in microphone. Not too bad for like $35.

71MrkW-I6iL._SL1500_grande_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited: