• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins @ Vikings Pre Game Thread

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim

So Phillip Thomas not only will be on 53 man roster also sounds as if he'll be active Sunday.

ICYMI, Geathers released

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before the 'Skins fans!

SKOL!!!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:horn:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiya Twinsy :wave:

Here's to a good game, no injuries pretty please. :suds:

Holla! I agree! Hopefully the hometown heros can get the W!

I hear there should be around 8-10k protesters at the game?!?!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holla! I agree! Hopefully the hometown heros can get the W!

I hear there should be around 8-10k protesters at the game?!?!

There seems to be a larger following of protesters in Minny. Guess we will know soon.

What's your Vikes opinion on the game? Give us a rundown from the opponents point of view. How do you all like Zimmer and what do you think of him?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be a larger following of protesters in Minny. Guess we will know soon.

What's your Vikes opinion on the game? Give us a rundown from the opponents point of view. How do you all like Zimmer and what do you think of him?

My (Un)official "expert" opinion?

I like Zimmer, and I think most people here do. They're beginning to realize that it's going to be a process, after 5+ years (Chilly/Frazier) thinking all they had to do was plug a hole here or there. The O-line is a mess, and was probably hidden by AP.

Zimmer is obviously starting with the Defense, as it is considerably more improved from last year. It's not a bad place to start. He needs to identify the weakness in the O-line though and work on that next. Got a good, young RB in McKinnon (if AP isn't back next year), but the QBs need protection. They are very susceptible to the pass rush. 13 sacks in the 2 games prior to last week; 1 sack last week, but 20 QB hits or hurries... People are still hanging to hope of the playoffs, but they'd need to run off their next 5, starting tomorrow, to be in the picture. I just don't see it.

If I were Zim and Norv, I'd just continue to teach and work on the schemes with the youngsters. Most Vikes fans don't want to hear that, though.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My (Un)official "expert" opinion?

I like Zimmer, and I think most people here do. They're beginning to realize that it's going to be a process, after 5+ years (Chilly/Frazier) thinking all they had to do was plug a hole here or there. The O-line is a mess, and was probably hidden by AP.

Zimmer is obviously starting with the Defense, as it is considerably more improved from last year. It's not a bad place to start. He needs to identify the weakness in the O-line though and work on that next. Got a good, young RB in McKinnon (if AP isn't back next year), but the QBs need protection. They are very susceptible to the pass rush. 13 sacks in the 2 games prior to last week; 1 sack last week, but 20 QB hits or hurries... People are still hanging to hope of the playoffs, but they'd need to run off their next 5, starting tomorrow, to be in the picture. I just don't see it.

If I were Zim and Norv, I'd just continue to teach and work on the schemes with the youngsters. Most Vikes fans don't want to hear that, though.

Thanks Twins, appreciate the thoughts. Haven't been following the Vikes too much this season.

That D is looking really good. Don't the Vikes lead the league in sacks? That is going to be a legit challenge for the skins O.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Twins, appreciate the thoughts. Haven't been following the Vikes too much this season.

That D is looking really good. Don't the Vikes lead the league in sacks? That is going to be a legit challenge for the skins O.

They are 2nd in the league at getting sacks (3.1 / game), and next to last in giving up sacks (3.5)...