• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simms

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Geno for some secondary and start Simms. Smith is flat out stupid, and make this Ryan's last year as coach. The dumb ass cant figure his own team out.:L

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Geno for some secondary and start Simms. Smith is flat out stupid, and make this Ryan's last year as coach. The dumb ass cant figure his own team out.:L

Sit down before you hurt yourself.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sit down before you hurt yourself.

you are right Ryan should sit down before he hurts himself......if you havent noticed the jets are 1-3 and Geno isnt the answer and Vick should retire for some cap space

look at all the stats, now who is going to hurt themselves......that right the Jets

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan will be fired at the end of this season

I don't think marty mornhinweg, or dennis thurman even make it to the end of the season...and btw, you're probably right about Rex.

GM John Idzik needs to be held accountable as well.

What a fuckin disaster and embarrassment.

:L

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think marty mornhinweg, or dennis thurman even make it to the end of the season...and btw, you're probably right about Rex.

GM John Idzik needs to be held accountable as well.

What a fuckin disaster and embarrassment.

:L

I dont think its Idzik's fault from what I understood he cant make moves without Ryan's okay. I think John could decides for himself he helped build that seattle defense

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it's almost hard to imagine the Jets stopping this skid with the way they're playing. There really isn't a single game left on their schedule that you can point to as a guaranteed win.

Sitting Smith and letting Vick play is probably the right move right now but I don't think that does Rex Ryan any favors. He's only coming back if Smith leads them to the post season so I think he'll give the latter all the chances he can.

I don't understand why the Jets seem to go out of their way to court QB controversies.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it's almost hard to imagine the Jets stopping this skid with the way they're playing. There really isn't a single game left on their schedule that you can point to as a guaranteed win.

Sitting Smith and letting Vick play is probably the right move right now but I don't think that does Rex Ryan any favors. He's only coming back if Smith leads them to the post season so I think he'll give the latter all the chances he can.

I don't understand why the Jets seem to go out of their way to court QB controversies.

Vick is done! People I talk to about the game were saying SD isnt a strong opponent, so something is going on. And in the process Vick couldnt do anything either, time for a change a major change, trade Geno for some secondary, terminate Vick's contract and let Sims start. Rex say goodbye to NY, you are outta of here

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick is done! People I talk to about the game were saying SD isnt a strong opponent, so something is going on. And in the process Vick couldnt do anything either, time for a change a major change, trade Geno for some secondary, terminate Vick's contract and let Sims start. Rex say goodbye to NY, you are outta of here

You can't judge Vick too harshly on Sunday's performance. He hasn't been taking snaps with the first string offense and they were down so much it was hard to mount an effective game plan. I don't know if he's much better then Smith but a coach with better job security would probably find out. I don't know why you're hung up on Sims. He definitely isn't the answer.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't judge Vick too harshly on Sunday's performance. He hasn't been taking snaps with the first string offense and they were down so much it was hard to mount an effective game plan. I don't know if he's much better then Smith but a coach with better job security would probably find out. I don't know why you're hung up on Sims. He definitely isn't the answer.

Im not hung up on simms but he can give the jets an opportunity to score, Vick is done! And once they blow up the team after Rex leaves....again they will need a young QB. Management gave all that money to a QB whose career has already finished. How stupid and guess who wanted him the most? Ryan. The jets wont get anything for Vick as they would Geno

another blow-up is on the way,

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not hung up on simms but he can give the jets an opportunity to score, Vick is done! And once they blow up the team after Rex leaves....again they will need a young QB. Management gave all that money to a QB whose career has already finished. How stupid and guess who wanted him the most? Ryan. The jets wont get anything for Vick as they would Geno

another blow-up is on the way,

Of course the Jets couldn't get as much for Vick as Smith. The former is a 34 year old on a one year contract while the latter is a 23 year old on rookie contract for another 2.75 seasons. I'm not really sure what your point is there. Nor am I really sure why you think Matt Simms would give them a better opportunity to score.

Finally, I don't know that Geno Smith is done either. He's still young and certainly athletic enough. I'm just not really sure why teams believe a young QB needs to start on Day 1 or why they believe a young QB thrown to the wolves can't sit for a few games when he's playing poorly. At the very least, if Vick comes in and lays an egg it will take a lot of the pressure off Smith.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets problems go far beyond their QB issue. There's a myriad of problems team wide...and zero depth at key positions.

This is definitely true.

I just don't think Ryan cares about offense at all.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely true.

I just don't think Ryan cares about offense at all.

Nah...he cares about the offense....but there's a huge disconnect and conflict with he & Marty. Seems as if they're on the same page only about 30% of the time....and you just can't have that...especially against good teams. One of them is bound to bite the dust soon.
You can almost feel it coming.

Our scouting crew must be viewing decoy squads, and using old film of upcoming opponents...then relaying faulty info to the coaching staff prior to games.
It's just a total mess and a clusterfuck so far...and getting harder to watch from week to week.

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Jets couldn't get as much for Vick as Smith. The former is a 34 year old on a one year contract while the latter is a 23 year old on rookie contract for another 2.75 seasons. I'm not really sure what your point is there. Nor am I really sure why you think Matt Simms would give them a better opportunity to score.

Finally, I don't know that Geno Smith is done either. He's still young and certainly athletic enough. I'm just not really sure why teams believe a young QB needs to start on Day 1 or why they believe a young QB thrown to the wolves can't sit for a few games when he's playing poorly. At the very least, if Vick comes in and lays an egg it will take a lot of the pressure off Smith.

I didnt say Geno was done I said he was trade bait for some secondary help....Simms can move the offense down field

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting it done.....ad nauseum.

*Geno Smith led the Jets "ground & pound attack"...lol, with a paltry 11 yards on 2 carries today.
The team had a grand total 31 yds on the ground, w/ Johnson, Ivory & Powell rushing for a combined 20 yds on 13 attempts.

*That's when you know you're in deep trouble.

facepalm.gif