• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shump & JR to Cleveland

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were you even paying attention? Spain was on equal footing in that tournament with the US- and- i am not sure- but i think they had better odds to win since ther was no LeBron, Love, Durant, Melo, Griffin, Aldridge, Kobe, etc.

that victory was no sure thing when the tournament started. to say anything else is revisionist history.

If you think that Kyrie has ever shown that he is currently or has ever been a better NBA PG than either Wall or Lillard, then I will just assume that you don't watch many Wizards or Portland games.

And, also, nice try trying to compare Kyrie to some of the other players in the WESTERN conference in as far as not making the playoffs.

I do believe that if your Cavs were in the WC, that as of today, they would not be in the playoffs.:L

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall and Lilliard are both better than Irving. Wall is averaging 10apg and a better defender. Lilliard is just a stud and a better scorer imo.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall and Lilliard are both better than Irving. Wall is averaging 10apg and a better defender. Lilliard is just a stud and a better scorer imo.

I think Kyrie is a better shooter than Dame and Wall.

But, they are better at every other facet of the game which makes them much better pgs.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie is a better shooter than Dame and Wall.

But, they are better at every other facet of the game which makes them much better pgs.

Irving is better suited to playing SG.

:suds:

Leking2246

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shump played good d on durant down the stretch...great pickup

Leking2246

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs last 5 games defense has been great

Oppossing teams offense shot 38%, 39.8(okc) 40, 41, 41.7

Leking2246

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If lebron didn't miss those 10 games and they went a very conservative 5-5 with leking they would be 30-15 tied for second in the east

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If lebron didn't miss those 10 games and they went a very conservative 5-5 with leking they would be 30-15 tied for second in the east

Right.. No other teams have had injuries to key players:noidea:

You better look at the Bulls, Raptors and Heat injury reports.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess who has made just 4 of his last 19 FGA's?

:pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a dion type game...but we still won

Irving had 38

DJ has been reduced to cherry picking hot and cold shooting streaks on the Cavs to make himself feel better...i mean...just wow...how the mighty have fallen. 7 in a row!!! Kyrie was on FIRE tonight! He is really maturing as a player- 3 more steals tonight- his defense last year was not good. This year he has worked so hard- and it really above average now. How lucky as Cavs fans are we that we get to watch this kid and Lebron together for the next 5 years?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread reads as a bunch of haters bashing the trade...were completley wrong and upset that i came in here and pointed it out

Btw jr swishs stats are much better that dion waiterrrrrs

He's made 11 of his last 38 FGA's, a less than sterling 28.9%.....

:L

Leking2246

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's made 11 of his last 38 FGA's, a less than sterling 28.9%.....

:L

And yet its still better than dion waiters..plus swish is shooting almost 40% from three...not to mention his all around game is better and the fact that they are winning meanwhile okc just lost to the knicks

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet its still better than dion waiters..plus swish is shooting almost 40% from three...not to mention his all around game is better and the fact that they are winning meanwhile okc just lost to the knicks

Jr actually WANTS to be here- and he is not going to cry about his role. Right off the bat that is a positive over Dion. I think Dion Waiters has rare talent- but I come back to what GM David Griffin said when he got the job.

Previous GM Chris Grant was in "asset collection" mode. For the most part he did a great job of it- but the parts just did not really fit.

David Griffin said the first day on the job that his main goal was to take this collection of young talent and draft picks and cap space and expiring contracts and turn it into a team. "Asset Collection" was over- and finding the right "Fits for the Team" was his charge as GM.

He has done a very good job of it. Jr Smith is not going to make any all star teams, and hes not going to win a series for the Cavs- but he brings a lot to the table and at this time and place in his career he is an excellent fit for the team- as are Shumpert and Mozgov.

If Griffin does not win executive of the year for the work he has done then they should just get rid of the award- and the deal bringing in Jr and Shumpert is no small part of that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr Smith 8/13 21 pts, 7 boards , 2 assists- and he says he is having the most fun he has ever had in his career while he has been nothing but a great teammate.

Shumpert has played great D- the GSW game comes to mind when he blanketed Curry- as well as many others- and has been a huge part in the Cavs being a top in defensive efficiency since the deal.

Now that we are a couple months out.....when you look back on the trade, how can anyone say that it was ANYTHING but extremely successful?

great job by Griffin.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr Smith 8/13 21 pts, 7 boards , 2 assists- and he says he is having the most fun he has ever had in his career while he has been nothing but a great teammate.

Shumpert has played great D- the GSW game comes to mind when he blanketed Curry- as well as many others- and has been a huge part in the Cavs being a top in defensive efficiency since the deal.

Now that we are a couple months out.....when you look back on the trade, how can anyone say that it was ANYTHING but extremely successful?

great job by Griffin.

So far he has been a great addition. When he first came... I wanted him off the bench and Shump in with the starters. I'm ready to change my mind on that initial assessment, though, considering how well JR has been playing in all areas of the game.

All that said, ultimately the story of how good of a trade it was will be written in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far he has been a great addition. When he first came... I wanted him off the bench and Shump in with the starters. I'm ready to change my mind on that initial assessment, though, considering how well JR has been playing in all areas of the game.

All that said, ultimately the story of how good of a trade it was will be written in the playoffs.

I agree- i thought that Shump would be starting and Smith would be offense off the bench- and to this day I think that eventually that might happen- because I think that might betheir best lineup.....

Shumpert has played some great defense, and is shooting a career high field goal percentage, and he has actually become the Cavs backup point guard here and there. As much respect as Shump gets for his defense- soemthing that has surprised me is Smith's defense. He has actually played pretty damn good defense -especially getting steals...I have looked up and seen box scores where Smith ahs gotten 3, 4 or 5 steals by jumping passing lanes.

Since coming over to the Cavs Smith is averaging over 1.7 steals per game- which would put him in the top 15 in all of basketball. DEfinitely not something i expected from him- but its been a very nice addition- especially because when this team gets steals the offense practically always finishes since they have so many great transition players.

Jr Smith and Shump have both expressed this is the most fun they have ever had playing basketball.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr Smith...up to 37% from 3....another great game tonight....and he has been a model citizen....the "team cancer" concerns when he came to the Cavs seem to have been totally wrong.

All though- its hard to be a malcontent when you are having the most fun of your life playing basketball- like he has said he is during interviews.