• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Pels add more pieces for a championship run?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorta intrigued by the idea that's being tossed around by some writers of trading Boogie to the Wizards for Otto Porter and some stuff. It looks bad at first glance and Otto Porter is wildly overpaid BUT, with AD being the beast that he is a player like Porter fits into their team nicely. He does a little bit of everything well and he's got a nice outside shot. With a player like Davis, it might be better to surround him with highly skilled role players as opposed to other stars. Plus, if you're trading Boogie, a deal like this might be the best you can get anyway. Any team has to have extreme caution taking on a big man recovering from an Achilles injury. I personally don't think he'll ever be what he was so I'd try to move him via sign and trade if possible.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorta intrigued by the idea that's being tossed around by some writers of trading Boogie to the Wizards for Otto Porter and some stuff. It looks bad at first glance and Otto Porter is wildly overpaid BUT, with AD being the beast that he is a player like Porter fits into their team nicely. He does a little bit of everything well and he's got a nice outside shot. With a player like Davis, it might be better to surround him with highly skilled role players as opposed to other stars. Plus, if you're trading Boogie, a deal like this might be the best you can get anyway. Any team has to have extreme caution taking on a big man recovering from an Achilles injury. I personally don't think he'll ever be what he was so I'd try to move him via sign and trade if possible.

I agree.

And it's a risk worth taking for Washington also, who will clearly never win in the playoffs with their current roster.

Mirotec fits a lot better alongside Davis anyway. Mirotec and Porter would be really interesting if they could get both.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats? LOL I value team play, which is why I hate George so much. Contract numbers aside, Hill is a team player that brings the intangibles. When healthy, he's shown the ability to defend, offers size on the wing to hold his own against the elite, and shown he can hit the open three.
Yeah, he earns every penny patting guys on the ass while they walk to the bench that his ass is already glued to.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he earns every penny patting guys on the ass while they walk to the bench that his ass is already glued to.

He's a decent player, but that contract is the GM's fault, not his. That season with the big cap jump really sorted out the bad front offices from the good ones. Wish the Lakers had exiled Jimmy before that opportunity, but alas......Deng.